Customer Discussions > Classical Music forum

Where Is Barenboim?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 139 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 17, 2012 11:28:50 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 17, 2012 11:42:13 PM PST
Skaynan says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 12:53:52 AM PST
K. Beazley says:
Why are you pushing this sick invective again, Skaynan? Didn't you learn your lesson the last time you aimed your bile at Barenboim?

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 1:29:57 AM PST
Skaynan says:
I learned that I'm right actually.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 1:48:44 AM PST
K. Beazley says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 1:53:18 AM PST
David M. says:
I came into this thread hoping that someone had started a Waldo spin-off.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 1:58:17 AM PST
K. Beazley says:
No such luck, David. Just the same old anti-Barenboim hatred. Hope it dies a natural death.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 1:58:36 AM PST
Skaynan says:
Conformity is a blessing Kim. Don't let the facts deter you!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 2:16:52 AM PST
K. Beazley says:
Facts? How can someone like you who is only motivated by hatred know anything about facts? Don't talk to me about facts. You have no idea.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 2:42:13 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 18, 2012 6:03:07 AM PST
Skaynan says:
Kim: you know better than to say I'm motivated by hatred. I'm not in the least. However, one thing I do hate is hypocracy, and specifically the cynical use of humanitarian crisis for PR, and I find Barenboim doing just that. I would surely prefer if the discussion would stay about Barenboim and not deter to the Israeli/Palestinian conflict, as did the last shameful discussion "Barenboim in Gaza". My gripe is with Barenboim's behavior and NOT about who is right in this charged conflict.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 6:25:10 AM PST
scarecrow says:
the Israeli leadership gave Gaza to the Palestinians.( some gift--it was theirs already) so that the Israeli military has a place to practice, what already 250 airstrikes,with multi-million dollar$$$$ jets----- and Israeli soldiers need to reconnaissance practice as well--logistical affects,effects--- now and then. . .So what better place! where your opponent is no real threat. . . and never will be. . . Gaza is good for target practice. . .

please leave Barenboim out of this. . .

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 6:26:31 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 26, 2013 10:11:37 AM PST]

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 8:51:15 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 12:00:22 PM PST
Edgar Self says:
If you throw things at your neighbors ... hundreds of things in this case, killing some ... things are likely to be thrown back, especially if you have a history of blowing up school buses and restaurants. The longer-range missiles shot at Tel-Aviv and Jerusalem are new. Where did Hamas get them? And why has Hamas chosen this moment to do it? Are they emboldened by a new government in Egypt? Or are they doing their bit to help out their sponsors in Syria and Iran?

As for Barenboim, he might have been forgotten, locked in the trunk of some diplomat's automobile, except that he's been seen conducting in Berlin. More power to his ebow!

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 3:47:34 PM PST
Cavaradossi says:
Edgar Self

The news reports are that Hamas got those rockets from Iran.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 7:00:55 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 7:08:39 AM PST
scarecrow says:
Well Israel now has this Iron Dome that intercepts these pathetic rockets,
most of them miss anyways, and as long as there is a higher proportion of Palestinians that are killed I think that's all Netanyahu and Israeli leadership cares about;
they need to flex their conceptual-military muscle now and then---- like I said, Israels gotta show the Arab street that they are tough, no one messes with Israel and gets away with it,
Washington loves it, for Israel is doing all the dirty work;, well getting paid$$$ in the process. USA provides Israel with whatever it needs and wants, the most highly sophisticated weapons imaginable,fighter jets, whereas the Palestinians get???, well look at the results!

Let's hope the fighting ends soon. . .too many are dying for no reason. . .many are Palestinian children. . .

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 8:19:53 AM PST
"So what better place! where your opponent is no real threat. . . and never will be. . ."

Tell that to the Israeli children who spend half of their lives in bomb shelters.

If Canada started lobbing rockets in Scarecrow's direction, I wonder how many it would take before he was pleading with the US government to eliminate the threat. I'm guessing that it's about two - and Israel has been subjected to *thousands*.

Bill

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 10:24:31 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 10:28:17 AM PST
scarecrow says:
Unfortunately William Kasimer---- Israeli children are burdened with their arrogant Zionist leadership,who is suppose to protect them, but Israel is at permanent war, that's how they want it, protecting USA and Europa interests in the region, no surprise! the Zionist leadership has no concern for Palestinian life, it is de-valued daily with torture and prisons;sanctions, medical care not allowed in Gaza. . the list is very long one. . .

Israel murdered a Hamas leader, Ahmed al-Jabari, as they've done quite successfully throughout the 60 year history, always killing the best leaders Palestine has. .they learned this from the British, , So the Zionist Generals knew that the Hamas rockets would be the response, there is no surprise;

Palestinian children exist within a permanent bomb shelter, as best as it is, it is called Gaza. . .

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 10:45:32 AM PST
KenOC says:
"Israel murdered a Hamas leader, Ahmed al-Jabari...So the Zionist Generals knew that the Hamas rockets would be the response."

Uh, I believe the rockets came first, and for quite a while.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 10:55:16 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 11:03:22 AM PST
Skaynan says:
Whoo! I must say I'm surprised to see many people not automatically take the Palestinian side! That's a very nice breath of fresh air here. See, Kim? I was kind of right re-visiting this issue, and the discussion was not for nothing, as you so articulately put it in your pleasant and amiable responses to me (I'm sure you are dismayed by reading their comments as much as I was happy too. Oh, well). By the way, when are you and your disciples are planning to start calling me a Troll again, for stating an opinion different then your own (granted, an extreme minority opinion which indicates a HUGE Troll)? I can't wait!

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 11:31:25 AM PST
Dichterliebe says:
Once again, Skaynan lobs a missile into our midst with the hopes of starting a flame war.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 11:42:41 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 11:42:56 AM PST
Skaynan says:
And once again, you totally (on purpose?) misread my posts, and my intention. Dichterliebe? I didn't know YOU think that of me. I really thought we had many interesting discussions together. Oh, well. sorry.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 11:53:26 AM PST
Dichterliebe says:
From Wiki:

"In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion."

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 11:55:14 AM PST
KenOC says:
Guess I shouldn't have brought Twinkies up. ;-)

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 12:04:31 PM PST
Guess I shouldn't have brought Twinkies up. ;-) >>>>>>
perfect time for the twinkie defense.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 12:42:27 PM PST
K. Beazley says:
Skaynan,

"See, Kim? I was kind of right re-visiting this issue, and the discussion was not for nothing..."

The "discussion", as you call it, is the "flame war" that Dichterliebe correctly labels it.

As for labelling you a "troll", I would only make that reference to your starting this thread, as it fully complies with the definition Dichterliebe provided from Wiki. Thus, it is "trollish" behaviour. There ARE people out there who ARE trolls, whose primary goal is to interfere with internet forums & chat rooms, as well as on social media like Facebook & Twitter, & that's all they do. You obviously do not qualify as one of those. I would say that only on this issue your judgement is impaired.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 12:45:31 PM PST
It does seem rather inappropriate to use the current events of the middle east situation to re-open the discussion on barenboim.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Classical Music forum
Participants:  18
Total posts:  139
Initial post:  Nov 17, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 25, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions