Customer Discussions > Classical Music forum

Where's Piso...???

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-20 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 19, 2012 1:09:44 PM PST
Auntie Lynn says:
Have not seen him around. Anybody know? We need this guy (and yes, we have a couple of mutual friends).

Happy Holidays!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 1:31:42 PM PST
K. Beazley says:
Auntie Lynn,

Another missing companion is David J. Friedlander, who I was corresponding with privately, & has not answered my e-mails for the past month or so, & hasn't been sited here for about the same length of time. I will send them both "Season's Greetings" & hopefully get a response.

They are both fine gentlemen indeed!

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 1:51:41 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 1:52:27 PM PST
We need a missing persons thread. Zadok has also gone MIA. And just when I've become a nut for Handel opera.

I was expecting a post from Rasmus, because I think he said ES was having eye surgery. I never saw Piso mention it himself.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 1:52:34 PM PST
John Ruggeri says:
Piso had eye surgery recently and hopefully is recovering well. I hope to get
a phone call from him.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 1:55:44 PM PST
Auntie Lynn says:
Speaking of Handel operas, my daughter supered in "Orlando" as one of the genii children with Marilyn Horne and Ruth Ann Swensen here in SF and I have been a big fan ever since.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 3:03:06 PM PST
Yes, as Vaughan and John R. said Piso/Edgar is having an eye operation (for glaucoma) and is not expecting to return before in 4 or 5 weeks -- here is his post on the concerts thread about this:

http://www.amazon.com/forum/classical%20music/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx2O5YQ79OVJBUQ&cdMsgID=Mx38DC8E38J4R5Y&cdMsgNo=1800&cdPage=72&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=TxNKG73NN0UT4B#Mx38DC8E38J4R5Y

Here is Egar/Piso's post in the UK forum from Dec. 7 about the operation:

>>I'll be off-line a while soon for a fourth round of eye surgery next week, followed at best by a month of blurry vision. If I can't see to read or type it's going to be a real nuisance. I'll miss this forum. The sounds you hear are vast general sighs of relief. <<

I hope to see him back soon!

I also hope that superhuge and David J. Friedlander will be back - haven't seem them for a while and hope they are alright.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 9:46:24 PM PST
Ahmad says:
I just emailed Piso and Zadok. I will post here to update you once they reply to my emails.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 3:40:57 AM PST
D. M. Ohara says:
I think Piso had reverted to his own name, Edgar Self, a while ago. We wish him well.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 6:12:29 AM PST
A shame I never managed to get Piso's email. I'd like to wish him a speedy recovery from his eye operation and a Merry Christmas to him and his loved ones. I'd also like to thank him for his stubborn advocacy of Hans Hotter. If it hadn't been for him, I'll have continued with my misguided pigheadedness about Hotter for ever. Hotter in the 60s..is a shadow of Hotter in the 50s. Now I can see why Hotter was such a great singer. I wonder if he'll last longer if he didn't sing so many Wotans.

Dan, I wonder if you mind sharing your email with me. I've never seen another operetta fan like yourself, even if our taste might differ somewhat. I'm hoping to try Tauber one day, now that I've revisited Wunderlich. By the way, I've just received a Der Graf von Luxemburg by Franz Marszalek, interested? I remember it's your favorite Lehar operetta. It's much better than Gueden and Kmentt's version. Kmennt wasn't bad but Gueden..sometimes she can be very inconsistent.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 6:12:52 AM PST
Auntie Lynn says:
Well, please add me to the list of well-wishers to all - tell Piso I am going to lunch with my piano teacher next week and will relay all the great gossip - and believe me, he has it all...again, Merry Merry and Happy Happy and hurry back when all is well...Kiss Kiss

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:35:40 AM PST
D. M. Ohara says:
Darren,
You can send me a personal message via YT [where I am Saltburner2].

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 7:58:17 AM PST
Dichterliebe says:
If anyone has the time or inclination, please send Edgar Christmas greetings from me. Thanks very much. I don't have his e-mail.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 9:37:01 PM PST
Ahmad says:
Here's is an email from Edgar Self (piso) sent to me this morning:

Ahmad, thanks for your message. My eyes are still dilatedand very blurry from the operationa week ago, which wethinkwas a success, butIcan't read yetandhaveto shave andtypefrommemory. Tell everyone hello for me andtake goodcare of yourself, especiallyyour eyes... have them checked forglaucoma,which Ifailedto do.

Ousi.Edgar

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 12:41:14 AM PST
Skaynan says:
Ahmad: please send regards from me too.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 8:20:04 AM PST
HB says:
Ahmad,

Please send my regards, also.

Thanks, HB

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 7:48:36 PM PST
MERRY CHRISTMAS and GOOD HEALTH...be careful not to slip on any wet floors.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 11:08:50 PM PST
Please, whoever is in touch with Piso send him my best and I wish him a speedy recovery. He is missed.
I also wish all my friends on this forum a Happy Holidays.
Thanks
Bonnie

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 10:59:43 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 22, 2012 1:29:04 PM PST
R. Kopp says:
Word has gotten back to me that Piso has driven poor Edgar out of the house by playing "Feliz Navidad" over and over again. It was obviously a big mistake letting him have that amplifier. Apparently he's been at it since we turned the corner at Thanksgiving. Passersby have only been encouraging him by dropping coins, cheese sandwiches and cans of Negro Modelo through the basement window. Things are expected to return to normal after Tuesday.

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 2:15:13 AM PST
O. Rydland says:
I hope to see him here soon, and I hope he sees us :-)

Here's for a speedy recovery.

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 3:02:51 AM PST
Park says:
Piso,

I miss our discussions about Leonard Bernstein's 2nd symphony ("The Age of Anxiety"). You are needed here in the Classical Music Forum so please have a speedy, but safe, recovery. You are surely missed...

-Park-
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Classical Music forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Classical Music forum
Participants:  16
Total posts:  20
Initial post:  Dec 19, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions