Customer Discussions > Classical Music forum

Your experiences with Amazon Marketplace Sellers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-89 of 89 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 20, 2012 5:49:54 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 26, 2013 10:12:00 AM PST]

Posted on Aug 1, 2013 1:06:29 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 1, 2013 1:08:42 PM PDT
Warning: Just received two orders from Play-Net, a seller I had not seen before July. Both CDs are Argentine printings of DG recordings and the Karajan / Beethoven 4/7 has something of a pirate look with substandard graphics.

Posted on Oct 21, 2013 9:49:34 AM PDT
George says:
Zoverstocks has sent me heavy box sets without anything more than a light padded mailer. As a result, the cases and the corners of the boxes suffered quite a bit of damage. Getting the matter resolved has become the most aggravating expreiences I have ever had with an amazon marketplace seller. It still hasn't been resolved. I'll never buy from them again.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2013 10:23:31 AM PDT
I've been pretty lucky with Zoverstocks, but unless their price is ridiculously cheap and substantially less than anyone else, I usually buy elsewhere. I've never had an unresolvable problem, but they are VERY slow to respond to e-mails, and their packaging is indeed substandard.

Bill

Posted on Jan 8, 2014 5:11:39 PM PST
deepblue says:
Have ordered several items including cds and dvd audio discs, both new and used, from third party sellers without any issues. Postage is an issue for me as I reside in Australia and US international postage costs have risen dramatically. Item descriptions have to be read carefully to make sure you get the version you are after, but this is also a major problem on ebay which uses a lot of generic descriptions.

Posted on Feb 12, 2014 3:43:20 PM PST
Cesqui says:
I just found out that the review for seller's services in Amazon have changed. Now they demand 15 words minimum for comments. And even so they rejected mine without explaining why??

Posted on Apr 11, 2014 7:37:47 AM PDT
I suppose that this is as good a place for this as any. I mentioned this in the "what are you listening to now" thread but it may not have been noticed...

Haydn: Complete Symphonies is the Sony box with Davies conducting, that several of us picked up recently when it was selling for such a low price.

When I noticed the current listing I couldn't help but get a good laugh when I saw the seller, and thought about it for a minute.

Seller name is "Choro Japan.You can buy original Japanese items. Our Japanese staff will send you with care"

The sales are fulfilled by Amazon...

Posted on Apr 11, 2014 8:35:58 AM PDT
bejart7092 says:
Phil in Magnolia ---
That Joseph Haydn: The Complete Symphonies is one I regret I missed picking up when the price was low ---

Posted on Apr 11, 2014 11:44:46 AM PDT
bejart - I know how you feel. I wasn't able to get the Supraphon Neumann box Dvorak: Symphonic Works when it was selling for practically nothing. I waited too long to place my order then dang Amazon cancelled on me - I'm still mad about that! Sheesh! I guess that every once in a while we stumble upon one of those too-good-to-be-true deals and if you snooze, you lose!

Anyway, good thing you didn't get the Davies box - it would take up too much of your time listening to it, and Haydn is far too well-known to be spending so much time on your playlist anyway! (btw, you still have one wish list visible with ID, not sure if that is intentional or not...)

Posted on Apr 11, 2014 6:08:20 PM PDT
bejart7092 says:
Leaving that Wish List is intentional, just in case you or anyone else on the Forum would like to send me an unsolicited gift ---

;-)

Posted on Apr 11, 2014 6:48:10 PM PDT
Fair enough! It's interesting - since I happened to notice this aspect of Amazon, it turns out that it is very common to view someone's wish list, and find that it discloses their real name rather than their nom-de-plume. I doubt that most folks realize that hole in the identity labels here on this site.

Posted on Feb 23, 2015 4:17:48 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 23, 2015 4:26:04 AM PST
How many of you are buying most of your CDs from Marketplace vendors? I suspect many of them are making some profit out of the $3.99 shipping fee, as the actual price of many of the discs has been under $1 (some at one cent). One piece of good news: Over the past year, I have bought many discs from Zoverstocks. Recently, with a couple of product issues, their response to my concerns was very prompt and satisfactory. Overall, my Marketplace vendor experiences have been good. With the exception of our local Silver Platters B&M stores, which have very solid selections of CM, finding specific CDs of CM material at B&M stores is not easy, even if it's a commonplace title. For the most part, finding CM at B&M stores entails wading through unsorted stacks or containers (sometimes on the floor) of hundreds of CDs or LPs. It's even more frustrating at thrift stores, and some of them have weird pricing: our local Goodwills charge 10 cents for cassettes, 99 cents for LPs, and $2.99 for CDs - and a lot of their unsorted CD space is taken up by those ubiquitous Laserlight, Quintessence, Point Classics, Excelsior, Compendia, Madacy, and Vienna Master Series titles!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2015 11:09:25 AM PST
I've only had one bad experience, but Amazon took care of it immediately. I contacted the vendor when my CD failed to arrive in a month. He wouldn't provide a tracking number or any confirmation that he had actually shipped. I told him I was contacting Amazon. He emailed me and begged me not to contact Amazon, but I already had. The upshot was that I got my money back and he was booted from Amazon. I was impressed with how quickly Amazon moved. Oh, I got my CD from a different third party vendor in 3 days instead of no CD in 3+ weeks.

Posted on Mar 8, 2015 1:19:36 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 8, 2015 4:45:17 PM PDT
I have purchased CDs, DVDs, and books from Amazon Marketplace sellers. I have never had a problem with the first two, but I have had a few problems with the last. I have ordered books from marketplace sellers that they advertised as new but were not. One recent purchase had so many dogeared pages that I realized that the previous owner had used the pages as bookmarks. Another book that I purchased as a present for a friend had writing in it. Also, marketplace sellers' ideas of Like New can differ from mine. I recommend that you buy directly from Amazon if you need a new copy of a book. Marketplace sellers will do for used copies.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Classical Music forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Classical Music forum
Participants:  35
Total posts:  89
Initial post:  Mar 7, 2012
Latest post:  19 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions