Customer Discussions > Classical Music forum

bulletin board

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 176-200 of 3828 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2009 9:05:22 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 1, 2009 10:39:00 PM PDT]

Posted on Jul 2, 2009 9:45:14 PM PDT
John Ruggeri says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jul 3, 2009 9:50:25 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Oct 28, 2009 11:50:10 AM PDT]

Posted on Jul 4, 2009 10:13:20 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 29, 2009 3:10:18 PM PST]

Posted on Jul 5, 2009 7:45:12 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 5, 2009 3:53:55 PM PDT
Piso Mojado says:
Milwaukee Art Museum again, to re-visit their five Spitzwegs and two Waldmuellers. Next day to Art Institute, where we found another Waldmueller (he did a good portrait of Beethoven from life). Our son's favorite, Rossetti's "Beata Beatrix" with inscriptions from Dante and The Song of Solomon. One gallery with several unfamiliar El Grecos, a Manfredi, and the only ascribed painting of Ceccho del Caravaggio.

Posted on Jul 5, 2009 9:41:55 PM PDT
John Ruggeri says:
Believe it or Not??

I have been listening to a wonderful dramatic soprano Gertrude Kappel primarily known for her Wagner and R. Strauss. Only in the good old days {a 1924 recording made in Berlin} would the soprano record the entire Final Trio from Faust as a solo. No tenors or basses in Deutchland ?????
The recording was not issued until recently.

Posted on Jul 6, 2009 10:31:26 AM PDT
John Ruggeri says:
New from Berkshire Record Outlet
http://www.berkshirerecordoutlet.com/search.php?row=0&brocode=&stocknum=&text=&filter=all&submit=Search

Posted on Jul 7, 2009 8:09:43 PM PDT
John Ruggeri says:
http://www.berkshirerecordoutlet.com/search.php?row=0&brocode=&stocknum=&text=&filter=all&submit=Search

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2009 3:22:27 PM PDT
Thomas E. says:
Piso, I had another dream about you. Not very interesting this time, though. I was reading through the "What's on order?"-thread. You posted that you'd just bought most of the Langgaard-symphonies, and that you couldn't wait to hear them. I hope you haven't just done that in real life... how creepy would that be?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2009 4:21:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 8, 2009 4:22:26 PM PDT
Piso Mojado says:
Thomas Ertresvag -- I think your dreams are becoming manipulative -;). Langgaard is on my list to investigate, because of comments here on the Forum, but I've never heard a note of his music. Are you SURE it wasn't a nightmare? (Sigh) I guess I'm going to have to hear some Langgaard. First, off to the Library. Next time please dream something that won't cost me money?

Posted on Jul 11, 2009 2:51:36 PM PDT
John Ruggeri says:
DVDs from Berkshire Record Outlet

Posted on Jul 14, 2009 9:38:26 AM PDT
Nada says:
Hi, Piso - Concerning Sorabji
If I remember correctly it was you and another poster, whose name I forgot (sorry, I couldn't find the topic in this thread) who were interested in Sorabji.
jpc.de now offers part 2: Transcendental Studies nos. 26-43 (see: http://www.jpc.de/jpcng/classic/detail/-/art/Kaikhoshru-Sorabji-Transzendentale-Et%FCden-Nr-26-43/hnum/3539904).
I guess in a short time it will be available on Amazon, too.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 14, 2009 10:06:10 AM PDT
Piso Mojado says:
Thanks, Nada, yes I am one of several posters here interested in Sorabji. www.jpc.de now offers the second volume of Sorabji's 100 transcendental etudes, Nos. 26-43, played by Frederik Ullen, who is recording them all for BIS. Another poster reported recently that Ullen has taped the second and third volumes, and here is the second (but offered at Euros 19.99). Many thanks. I have the first volume only, Nos. 1-25, so far.

Posted on Jul 14, 2009 9:05:59 PM PDT
John Ruggeri says:
New from Berskshire Record Outlet {FYI The G.O.P. label has some very inexpensive A+ opera performances @4-7USD}

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2009 3:29:51 AM PDT
Mondoro says:
Piso, Try Langgaard's Sixth Symphony (available on Chandos) to sample some of his very unusual and visionary music.

Posted on Jul 16, 2009 10:20:54 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Oct 28, 2009 11:50:08 AM PDT]

Posted on Jul 18, 2009 9:05:40 PM PDT
John Ruggeri says:

Look at this:
Brahms, Violin Concerto [w.Nathan Milstein]. Beethoven, Symphony #5. (New York Philharmonic/ Victor De Sabata. Rec. 3/16/50)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2009 9:20:12 PM PDT
Can anyone tell me the decade in which this set of von Karajan's symphonies was recorded?

ASIN: B00000E2ZO

I can find nothing on it, but I thought someone might recognize the cover.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2009 10:17:26 PM PDT
John Ruggeri says:
SHFA
I googled the ASIN Number and found this:

Product Type Name: ABIS_MUSIC
Artist: Beethoven, Karajan, Bpo
Number Of Discs: 6
Label: Polygram Records
Release Date: 1990-10-25
UPC: 028941506627
ASIN: B00000E2ZO

John

Posted on Jul 18, 2009 10:19:29 PM PDT
John Ruggeri says:
Does some idiot have a vendetta with Berkshire Record Outlet or is Dr. No off his meds again?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2009 11:19:26 PM PDT
Nada says:
Hi, Superhuge.
If you click on the cover images given by the customer Jerry Meredith, it says: 1980's cycle. Maybe there's a way to contact that customer? I didn't find anything else, not even in the Bielefelder Katalog or at Deutsche Grammophon. As to the 1980's cycle I found: ASIN: B000001GKP. Maybe comparing the artists gives some clues to identify it further?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2009 1:18:49 AM PDT
M. Zehnder says:
"not to mention poor Gustav Holst, who's still in spinning spiral nebulae over the untimely discovery of Pluto."

Well, Matthews created a Pluto movement to accent the Holst piece, but, quite frankly, it was unnecessary, as Pluto was already decommissioned as a planet, and so dearest Holst need not have worried; and being a resident of the Heavens, I'm sure he was wholly aware of the matter at hand. On the other hand, perhaps he was merely alarmed at having missed all of the other trillions of planets in the universe once he "got there"...

"Easy as Boulez:
An artist at the trapeze"

I can't be the only one who knows that Boulez and trapeze do not rhyme can I?...Or are all the pronunciations of Boulez wrong?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2009 11:35:18 AM PDT
Hello John,

Thanks for the info. I should have been more clear. I meant to say that I couldn't find the date of recording anywhere in cyberspace. It was getting late, and my brain was starting to turn into a mass of fused transistors.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2009 11:38:01 AM PDT
Hello Nada,

I did click on the images, but I couldn't read the covers. Either it's my small computer screen, or Firefox isn't playing nice with the larger images. Sometimes that happens. Either way, I didn't see the date of recording, but I'm very happy to have that information. I have been looking to round out my '80s Karajan, but I can just buy the whole set for what one additional album would cost.

Posted on Jul 19, 2009 9:27:41 PM PDT
John Ruggeri says:
It is now July 20th in Philly. I now belong to a special interest group viz. Senior Citizen as I just turned 65. I have yet to hear all the operas of Donzietti, Verdi and Puccini and the Symphonies of Haydn. I better get a movin.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Classical Music forum
Participants:  97
Total posts:  3828
Initial post:  Mar 20, 2009
Latest post:  58 minutes ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions