Turning the dial on the Wayback Machine a bit further... The US recovers from civil war; the Anglo-Zulu War takes place in Africa. Bulgaria and Romania break loose from the Ottoman Empire. The Impressionist movement arises in art. The telephone, the light bulb, and the phonograph are invented. People somehow manage to write music in between, including our old friends BB&D and...that Wagner fella.
- Nominate or second one or two pieces up to twice a day. That's two *total* per turn.
- Votes must be at least nine hours apart if on the same day.
- A work gets on the voting list with a nomination and one second; must be different people.
- Any nomination without a year (per Wiki or better) will be IGNORED.
- Voting list closes when it reaches 30.
- No lists of "suggestions," please!
- No proxies, advance nominations, or nomination banking.
Shall we begin?
Recent discussions in the Classical Music forum
|the Sibelius appreciation thread!||878||19 minutes ago|
|What Are You Listening To Right Now? - Part XII||4128||20 minutes ago|
|Composers we struggle with, but try. . . And Composers we Just Don't Like, and never will.||129||58 minutes ago|
|Last chance for Horowitz Complete Original Jacket Collection?||56||1 hour ago|
|Upcoming Releases||2154||1 hour ago|
|Goldberg Variations||376||3 hours ago|
|However much I may love this site.....(Volume III)||7227||6 hours ago|
|Fans and struggling||108||8 hours ago|
|Diary. What Did You Do Today?||4867||10 hours ago|
|you'll never believe this-limited time and limited time only||619||10 hours ago|
|Bargain MP3 thread||1820||10 hours ago|
|Overrated and underrated conductors||239||17 hours ago|