Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Customer Discussions > College forum

Signing up for Amazon Prime not Student Prime

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 15, 2013 1:25:25 PM PST
I'm like alot of other people here who have recieved the $39 Student prime offer in their e-mail inbox. The problem is I'm no longer a student and I am trying to sign-up for a full prime membership. The only links I can find redirect me to the student prime membership.
So I am looking for a link to sign up for the Full Prime membership. Thx

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 6:34:11 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 7:17:54 PM PST
chouse says:
I have the same problem - interested in full amazon prime that can be shared with household, but keep being funneled in to the amazon prime student sign up - which can't be shared.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 7:33:40 PM PST
Basically I was a Student Prime Member and now I'm not a student. Every link I click on to sign up for a "regular" prime membership sends me to something like this:
"Continue receiving a full year of Amazon Prime with an exclusive offer for Amazon Students" <-- the infamous $39.99 offer

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 7:53:19 PM PST
chouse says:
Same here, so I did a web chat with Amazon and they cleared my account so if I go to sign up for Prime, I am offered the normal version at 79/year (no more student version, half-off)

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 11:17:29 AM PST
Thanks for the information Chris. I'll have to call when I get some time.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 11:21:29 AM PST
chouse says:
You can do the web-based support chat. That worked for me.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the College forum (510 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  College forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Jan 15, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 16, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions