Customer Discussions > Comics forum

Unexpected Deaths

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 6, 2012 1:19:41 PM PDT
Who did you not expect to die in comic books?

Posted on Jun 6, 2012 5:01:32 PM PDT
Steve Rodgers.That was defenitially a shocker.Of course no one in the Marvel U really stays dead though...

Posted on Jun 7, 2012 1:50:22 AM PDT
I was 11 years old playing with Lego in my room when my folks called me out to the living room to watch an article on the nightly news...SUPERMAN WAS DEAD! OMG THEY KILLED SUPERMAN! OH THE INHUMANITY!
That was my dad's reaction.
I was more like "...meh, Superman sucks anyways- good for DC" But I got to admit, I never expected Superman to be killed...EVER.
Now if the Hulk ever gets killed I'll probably sh@# myself...

Posted on Jun 7, 2012 8:41:41 AM PDT
Cap getting killed was a shocker. I didn't see that coming. My biggest shock so far would probably be Nightcrawler.

Posted on Oct 12, 2012 8:23:02 AM PDT
The death of the original Spider-Woman in issue 50 of her own comic left me stunned. This was the early 80's, when deaths could still be expected to be permanent. It literally happens in the last few pages of the book, with no foreshadowing at all. She was one of my favorite characters, and I was a little kid. I remember walking around my great aunt's porch after reading it, feeling kind of dazed. Really, the tone of that scene is so abrupt and bitter that I suspect the writers may have been making some kind of protest about having to cancel the book.

Someone at Marvel apparently decided that it was a terrible way for her to go out, and she returned just a few months later in an Avengers story, her life saved but having lost her powers. Then the writers and fans pretty well forgot about her for twenty years until Brian Michael Bendis brought her back her a few years ago.

Posted on Oct 12, 2012 10:01:13 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Oct 12, 2012 11:25:53 PM PDT]

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 5:21:04 AM PST
Nicos says:
haha, I just noticed my post got deleted by the Ama Mods. I guess they weren't fans of X-Statix. All I did was say how that I never expected Guy Smith to be the one to kill Spike Freeman in the X-Statix book, so Spike Freeman's death came as quite a shocker to me.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Comics forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Jun 6, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions