Customer Discussions > Comics forum

Arrow

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 1, 2012 2:15:38 PM PST
What are your opinions on CW's "Arrow"? Good, bad, or indifferent? Better than "Smallville", worse, or about the same?

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 12:38:21 PM PST
gambitrmp says:
I haven't watched near enough to have a good opinion but I want to start watching at some point after seeing they are adding Huntress to the line-up. Don't know how that will go since it's up against other stuff I watch though.

In all fairness, I didn't watch Smallville much at 1st either. I like it better when they get to the team-ups myself. Heck, I tend to like animation better than live action but I did like Lois & Clark and Smallville just not as much as the animated Superman of the 90's.

One thing is for sure. I don't know Green Arrow's rogues as much as Batman, Superman & others. I tend not to like the street level thug stuff as much as the super human stuff so I'm not sure Green Arrow will do it for me. Merlyn & Count Vertigo are about what I know for Green Arrow but I hope it gets past mob stuff fairly quickly or I just don't know if it will hold interest for me. I'd be happy to watch more characters I'm less familiar with as long as they're not in the mob/regular person category.

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 9:10:32 PM PST
I'm enjoying it. It gets better each episode, I think (last week's possibly being the exception).

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 2:58:42 PM PST
J. Case says:
Did Green Arrow ever kill anyone in DC Comics before the New 52 Reboot?

Is Count Vertigo going to be shown, also does he have a dark version of him that is going to be shown?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2012 9:51:46 PM PST
ricky says:
I'm not sure if Green Arrow killed before the reboot. But Count Vertigo will be in the show. And there is a character call The Dark Archer. It's a good show, but at times it can be a little cheesy.

Posted on Dec 30, 2012 2:56:45 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 30, 2012 2:58:17 PM PST
J.S. Lewis says:
I've been enjoying it as well. It's a little early to tell if it's better or worse than Smallville (big Smallville fan talking here, by the way), but I'd say if you liked Smallville, then there's a good chance you'll like Arrow. Understandably, there's less teen drama in Arrow than there was in the early years of Smallville, so Arrow is more comparable to the last 5 seasons of Smallville than the series as a whole. Another way Arrow is different from Smallville is that none of the villains really have super powers; the show kind of takes a cue from the popularity of the sort of superhero realism that Nolan's Batman trilogy is known for.

Also, if your familiar with the CW, then you'll recognize the brand of performance that the network is known for. I'm not saying it's bad acting by any means; it's just distinctly and recognizably "CW", if that makes any sense. Take from that what you will.

Like I said, I'm diggin' the show. Now if they would just get rid of that intro....

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 8:40:09 AM PST
gambitrmp says:
I've been watching it more in the break of new episodes & I def. like the island flashbacks at the very least. They are providing an interesting back story for him.

I hate to say it but the main actor reminds me enough of Chris O'Donnel that he feels like he should be Batman's sidekick to me 1/2 the time. It's an unfortuneate distraction for me. Hope I didn't just plant that seed for anyone else.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 9:11:07 PM PST
J. Case says:
They could make a longer intro with showing parts from future episodes.

Do you think Deathstroke is going to make more appearnces?

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 3:43:15 PM PST
Frankie D says:
Arrow is very good. Smallville was good in the beginning but took too much time with the Lana story, Lex left and was not feeling Lois. Hated the Justice League. Show was awful the last 4 seasons. Arrow has good action and I do not known much about his gallery as well. Deathstroke will be in more eps. this year. The guy from Spartucus will be him. That Crxtix guy. Huntress girl cannot act.

Posted on Aug 14, 2013 7:44:15 PM PDT
J. Case says:
In tonight's episode it was Huntress.
She seem's like a Female Punisher.

How is her mask suppose to hide her identity? You see her eyes, hair, most of her face.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2013 8:00:17 PM PDT
Nicos says:
Because criminals are dumb? Haha, I dunno. I tend to ignore stuff like that in comic book shows and movies and just accept it for what it is.

Posted on Aug 15, 2013 5:20:39 AM PDT
Robin: Domino mask
Green Lantern: Domino mask
Green Hornet, Lone Ranger, Spirit, Riddler, Black Cat: All domino masks

Superman: Takes off glasses and combs his hair.

At least she hides her identity better than Arrow who wears a hoodie and eye shadow.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2013 10:30:28 AM PDT
J. Case says:
Um you can't see his face clearly, the hood hides his hair making it harder to identify unless some person has a astounding ability to look at eyes, and know that they have see that person before.

Season 2 has started funny is I keep seeing season 2 promos when it's already started.

Posted on Nov 19, 2013 8:58:05 PM PST
J. Case says:
Next episode some super villain I think it's trickster.

Posted on Feb 6, 2014 11:53:15 AM PST
J. Case says:
Bump

Posted on Feb 6, 2014 2:08:26 PM PST
Haven't watched last night's episode yet but it's really cool to see Team Arrow coming together. I'm happy that this show "feels" like it takes place in the DCU.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Comics forum (542 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Comics forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Dec 1, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 6, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions