Customer Discussions > Comics forum

Hasselhoff Claims He Was The Ultimate Nick Fury

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 30, 2012 1:26:03 PM PDT
http://movieline.com/2012/05/25/david-hasselhoff-avengers-nick-fury-samuel-jackson/

Ummm..... yeah.

Posted on May 31, 2012 3:07:04 AM PDT
E. Horner says:
That's why he's The Hoff. He never fails to entertain.

Posted on May 31, 2012 4:34:14 AM PDT
I will say this (and this has NOTHING to do with acting ability): Hasselhoff DID look the part of a post-WWII late 1960s Nick Fury as depicted by Jim Steranko. It's sort of hard for me to accept Samuel L. Jackson as Fury, because I read all those SGT. FURY and S.H.I.E.L.D. comics as a kid, and Jackson just isn't either of those Fury characters. But he is a cool parallel-world type of reincarnation ...

Posted on May 31, 2012 6:38:06 AM PDT
I saw his movie years ago when it first came out. I don't really remember it at all.

He did look a lot like 616 Furry. Ultimate Furry was based on Jackson, so it's hard to say he wasn't perfect for the role.

Posted on May 31, 2012 9:38:55 AM PDT
Well, I will give him that. He did fit the Earth-616 Fury perfectly, but that's about it.

Posted on May 31, 2012 10:34:29 AM PDT
Was the shield movie really bad? If I were to rent it today, would I be able to enjoy it?

I might look to see if I can stream it through Netflix.

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 12:02:44 PM PDT
It was a TV movie on Fox if I remember correctly. It's kinda along the lines as that "X-Men" movie Fox made called Generation X. At the time that was as close as we would get to seeing live-action Marvel movies.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Comics forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  May 30, 2012
Latest post:  May 31, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions