Best Books of the Month Shop Men's Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Videos Amazon Gift Card Offer jrscwrld jrscwrld jrscwrld  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Fall Arrivals in Amazon Outdoor Clothing Learn more
Customer Discussions > Comics forum

Rants and Raves II

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 30, 2010 11:22:15 PM PDT
Grant says:
Welcome to Rant and Raves II, a forum for discussing everything related to comic books and all things pop culture.

Feel free to rant and rave about everything you like about comics and everything you hate about comics. All related media is also up for discussion be it True Blood, Dr. Who, any comic book or graphic novel film adaptations coming out or those that you would like to see come out. Any discussion related to Manga or Anime is also welcome.

Share thoughts on your favorite Graphic Novels, comic book stories, artists, writers, how you got started reading comics as well as what you think of DC, Marvel, Indies, etc. We want to hear it all.

Posted on Aug 30, 2010 11:23:35 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 27, 2011 2:09:11 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2010 11:42:35 PM PDT
Grant says:
Hey, I didn't know you already started one, lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2010 2:37:09 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 23, 2011 6:50:36 AM PDT]

Posted on Aug 31, 2010 3:33:08 AM PDT
What do you expect its the internet. Where's the mods when you need em eh. Just like the cops. Oh well we can just hit report abuse on all their posts. See what happens.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2010 3:35:11 AM PDT
Yeah... my only guess.. is that jake and jen are prepubescent teens who's parents wont renew their world of warcraft accounts..

Posted on Aug 31, 2010 3:38:15 AM PDT
D. Evert says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Aug 31, 2010 3:38:31 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2010 3:40:49 AM PDT
D. Evert..

Im not sure if this forum will last.. since we're being trolled. But what sort of comics are you into. I mostly read indies... Vertigo/Image.. IDW.

Posted on Aug 31, 2010 3:51:28 AM PDT
D. Evert says:
I'm kindof omnivorous when it comes to comics. I'm exposed to all different kinds through my work and I have pretty varied tastes. I don't keep up with the major names- X-Men, DareDevil, etc. like I used to though. I have a lot of respect for IDW, Vertigo, Darkhorse, Radical... and I'm a Marvel fan from way back.
So why is this forum having so much trouble? Did you guys run over someone's cat or something?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2010 4:00:30 AM PDT
D. Evert

Well this forum is the continuation of a previous forum. A handful of us have been talking to eachother for over 10,000 posts and so we feel comfortable talking about all sorts of things.. not just comics. Anyway.. this 4thgrader Jake/Atlas and his lil girlfriend came along.. didnt like that we didnt just talk about comics.. and I really dont know what there problem is. They're rude and immature and jake cant write a haiku worth beens :)

Posted on Aug 31, 2010 4:10:14 AM PDT
D. Evert says:
Ah, a Japanese Poetry Inferiority Complex...I've seen it before. It's always so sad to see Haiku-envy manifest as such obnoxious passive-aggressive behavior. Tearing other people down is not going to help you learn to love yourself and count syllables!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2010 4:15:07 AM PDT
Well D. Evert..

It's nice to have someone join us, who understands the importance of good haiku.

Do you have any regular monthly titles you pick up?

I subscribe to;
American Vampire
Sweet Tooth
Morning Glories
The Boys
Marvel's Oz series
Grant Morrison's Batman titles
Joe the Barbarian, Day Tripper and the Last Unicorn for mini-series
Also.. Dark Horse is releasing a 3issue Metalacolypse comic series.

My BF is a big fan of Green Lantern, and he's diggin the Brightest Day stuff, including the Flash title.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2010 4:30:59 AM PDT
D. Evert says:
Wow, nice selection. I wish I could afford to subscribe to everything that I really want to.
Right now I'm just getting American Vampire, Kill Shakespeare, Supernatural: Beginning's End, True Blood, and I'm waiting on Syndrome and Earp.
Metalacolypse comics? And by Darkhorse? Remove the chain because that is off of it. Thank you much for the head's up.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2010 4:35:34 AM PDT
D. Evert

Are you like the True Blood comic series. I wasnt impressed with the 1st issue, and after the second I decided I had no interest.. between the show and the books.. I'm good.

And yeah.. i spend too much on comics every month. I heard its cheaper to read most of them with bittorrents, but the comic industry is already flirting with online comics.. so I show my financial support for the paper comics.

Anyway.. I really like the ones I'm currently getting. iZombie is one I've been getting too, but Im bored and I wont be getting anymore. It's like the stackhouse series with a Zombie. It's not doing anything new for comics. Is Kill Shakespeare fun?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2010 5:00:29 AM PDT
D. Evert says:
So censorship!!
I hate to do this because we just started having a real discussion but I gotta cut out. Its 5 am and I'm watching my nephew today and if I dont get at least a few hours sleep I might lose him or something, which would probably make my sister pretty mad.
But now that I know this is here I will come back!
Thank you for talking with me and explaining things :)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2010 5:02:55 AM PDT
D. Evert.. it was nice talking to you. Late.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2010 5:13:58 AM PDT
D. Evert says:
Likewise. Good luck with your trolls!

Posted on Aug 31, 2010 5:28:16 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 27, 2011 2:09:24 PM PDT]

Posted on Aug 31, 2010 5:28:46 AM PDT
hey D didnt see ya there. I'll catch ya when you come back. In case its quite a few pages in. This board can move pretty quick sometimes.

I'm mainly indy, marvel, gotham, but I'm going on a DC binge latly so thats probaly what I'll be talking about. I'm schooled but nowhere near what these guys are.

Starting new Green lantern #1 thru soon to decide if I want to read Blackest night or not, I've enjoyed bits of Brightest so figured why not.

I have way too much time on my hands. And all my money is tied up till Christmas. Damn responsibilities! (Shakes fist in air)

Why can I not find Venture brother Season 1 and 2 on blu ray!?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2010 5:45:18 AM PDT

Good idea, I can't believe I nevered checked Dusty's status. Oh well, here's to another 10,000 posts with you crazy cooks ;)

Posted on Aug 31, 2010 6:04:05 AM PDT
We're going to probably have to check profiles on a regular basis now. *sigh*

Posted on Aug 31, 2010 6:25:03 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 27, 2011 1:57:47 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2010 7:40:57 AM PDT

I think everyone should have JakeScion/Atal and this other Dusty Bottoms/ most likely Jenny on Ignore. I dont want to change my name.. besides.. they'd just change it to that anyway.

Obviously things could have gone better with Jake and Jenny, but this D. Evert chick seems nice, so maybe we're not scaring everyone off.. huh.. maybe it is just that Jake and Jenny are the problem. I'm not even sure what I myself did wrong. I was the one who brought up the mosque, so my bad I guess. But I was offended by anyone's replies except Jakes. I feel like we've been talking on the web for so long, that it's fine to bring in other topics than comics. If we want new people to join in, who aren't TROLLS, than I guess we should make it more interesting for people. We don't debate things at length like we used to. But I've got going on lately, and spending all this time dealing with trolls when I'm trying to talk to you guys is driving me crazy. I have this idea. Maybe Jake and Jenn, possibly the same person, should get new profiles and try again. Maybe we were the jerks in the beginning, but posting a billion times to end our last forum like that, and to copy my name and pretend to be me is just too stupid and rude to deal with.

And I hate to ask.. but do you guys think we should just start a new forum.. This one will always show this fiasco as the intro to the thread.

How about Fanboy Rants and Raves?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2010 10:25:42 AM PDT
Art Franklin says:
Man, last night I was joking about making more than one raves thread, but this is seriously st00pid!

And yes, discussion does not need to be limited to comics - I don't think the mosque was the problem.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 400 Next ›
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Comics forum (547 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Comics forum
Participants:  64
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Aug 30, 2010
Latest post:  Apr 8, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 11 customers

Search Customer Discussions