Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing May4th
Customer Discussions > Computer forum

Wireless Router for Mac G5 and Wii

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 16, 2010 9:46:49 AM PDT
Dahlia Jane says:
I'm sick of dealing with a mess of wires across my living room and I need help! I have a Mac G5 and a Wii which I want to stream Netflix movies to so it needs to be connected to the internet. Can Wii's connect to wireless routers? Can anybody recommend a no-fail wireless router for me? Thanks!

Posted on Jul 22, 2010 10:36:40 PM PDT
Danger says:
Yes, Wii's have wireless network cards built-in (unlike the Xbox360). A simple 802.11g wireless router should do you well. My favorite two are:

Buffalo WHR-HP-G54

Buffalo Technology Wireless-G High Power Router and Access Point with High Gain Antenna WHR-HP-G54

and

Linksys WRT56GL

Linksys WRT54GL Wi-Fi Wireless-G Broadband Router

Posted on Jul 26, 2010 8:19:29 AM PDT
WolfPup says:
Wiis don't have anything BUT wifi built in, unfortunately. I just bought Apple AirPort Extreme Base Station (Simultaneous Dual-Band) (MC340LL/A)

That from Amazon on Friday. So far I like it a lot. Defaults to correct security settings, etc. I think it would be the easiest to set up for someone not super familiar with wifi. My main router is a linksys, and the airport even correctly identified that it should just be passing the connection through, etc.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Computer forum (100 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Computer forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Jul 16, 2010
Latest post:  Jul 26, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions