Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Cookbook forum

Dashi and Umami

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 21, 2012 6:32:49 AM PDT
Hey All

Would any one know where to grab a copy of "dash and umami the heart of Japanese cooking" book, at a reasonable price, ones on amazon seem extremely expensive. Can anyone explain why this is?

Cheers

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 2:37:53 PM PDT
Miss C. Foy says:
It seems to be so expensive at the minute because it has gone out of publication therefore is a collectable. I have a copy of it. What would you call a reasonable price for it?

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 2:39:04 PM PDT
Miss C. Foy says:
It seems to be so expensive at the minute because it has gone out of publication therefore is a collectable. I have a copy of it. What would you call a reasonable price for it?

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 2:39:11 PM PDT
Miss C. Foy says:

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012 3:23:07 PM PDT
MommaCat says:
When I googled it the only ones I saw for sale were in Europe.

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 3:59:40 PM PDT
Miss C. Foy says:
Yes in Europe but also in America theyre on amazon.com start at $600. Which is a bit cheaper than £3000.00

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012 4:34:42 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 23, 2012 4:36:32 PM PDT
Hello there Miss C
Thank you for your reply, I also had a copy of this book and lent it to a friend who then unfortunately lost it. I am prepared to purchase another copy if you would like to sell yours. I can get my hands on a copy of this book for $280.00 Aus here in Australia, I am prepared to pay up to $200.00 Australian plus shipping, if the book is in good condition. Please feel free to email me on sausagesarecool@hotmail.com if you would like to sell your copy.
Thank you again
Rhys

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 4:34:04 PM PST
Bundt Lust says:
Don't know if this is the same book, but it is only going for 25 pounds:

http://onlineshop.eat-japan.com/product.php?id_product=41

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 10:48:46 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 1, 2015 10:49:26 AM PDT
John blandi says:
I have a a brand new copy I'll sell for $300
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Cookbook forum (132 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Cookbook forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Apr 21, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 1, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions