Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Customer Discussions > Cookbook forum

Dashi and Umami

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 21, 2012 6:32:49 AM PDT
Hey All

Would any one know where to grab a copy of "dash and umami the heart of Japanese cooking" book, at a reasonable price, ones on amazon seem extremely expensive. Can anyone explain why this is?

Cheers

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 2:37:53 PM PDT
Miss C. Foy says:
It seems to be so expensive at the minute because it has gone out of publication therefore is a collectable. I have a copy of it. What would you call a reasonable price for it?

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 2:39:04 PM PDT
Miss C. Foy says:
It seems to be so expensive at the minute because it has gone out of publication therefore is a collectable. I have a copy of it. What would you call a reasonable price for it?

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 2:39:11 PM PDT
Miss C. Foy says:

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012 3:23:07 PM PDT
MommaCat says:
When I googled it the only ones I saw for sale were in Europe.

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 3:59:40 PM PDT
Miss C. Foy says:
Yes in Europe but also in America theyre on amazon.com start at $600. Which is a bit cheaper than £3000.00

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012 4:34:42 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 23, 2012 4:36:32 PM PDT
Hello there Miss C
Thank you for your reply, I also had a copy of this book and lent it to a friend who then unfortunately lost it. I am prepared to purchase another copy if you would like to sell yours. I can get my hands on a copy of this book for $280.00 Aus here in Australia, I am prepared to pay up to $200.00 Australian plus shipping, if the book is in good condition. Please feel free to email me on sausagesarecool@hotmail.com if you would like to sell your copy.
Thank you again
Rhys

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 4:34:04 PM PST
Bundt Lust says:
Don't know if this is the same book, but it is only going for 25 pounds:

http://onlineshop.eat-japan.com/product.php?id_product=41

Posted on Jun 1, 2015 10:48:46 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 1, 2015 10:49:26 AM PDT
John blandi says:
I have a a brand new copy I'll sell for $300
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Cookbook forum (132 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Cookbook forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Apr 21, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 1, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions