Customer Discussions > Cookbook forum

Slow cooker recipes

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 10, 2009 2:56:53 PM PDT
Hey does anybody know a Recipes book for SLOW COOKING?
I have just made pot roast, and chicken

Posted on Jun 11, 2009 4:24:24 AM PDT
Check out the "Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook" -- but, and I must make this perfectly clear, FROM THE LIBRARY. Do not buy it until you're certain you'll use it. It has some good starting points, but none of the recipes have been tested by the editors, and it's astoundingly repetitive (eight or a dozen variants on beef pot roast made with cream of mushroom soup, at least as many of the onion-soupmix variant, half a dozen version of pork-chops-and-sauerkraut).

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw_0_10?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=fix+it+and+forget+it+cookbook&x=0&y=0&sprefix=fix+it+and

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2009 7:25:12 AM PDT
Hey Mitchell, thanks a lot for your information, i will try to find it in the library :)

Posted on Aug 16, 2009 7:30:14 PM PDT
OneHotMama says:
I like Sandra Lee's slow cooker books.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 17, 2009 4:58:10 AM PDT
Thank you OneHotMama :) i'll check it out :)

Posted on Aug 25, 2009 4:15:48 PM PDT
Texas Tea says:
Check out the TasteofHome.com site! Their recipes are fantastic and they have a special "slow cooker" section with dozens of good and tasty slow cooker recipes.

Posted on Sep 27, 2009 3:07:33 PM PDT
Southern Living also has a slow-cooker cookbook that I have never made a bad meal out of. All tasty, homey recipes.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2009 5:09:19 PM PDT

Posted on Oct 7, 2009 4:47:01 PM PDT
Briochegal says:
I like all of Beth Hensberger's slow cooker cookbooks, "Not your Mother's...." There are no recipes using canned soup, which most of the other slow cooker cookbooks rely on. Everything I've made has been terrific.

Posted on Oct 8, 2009 9:24:21 AM PDT
There are slow cooker recipes in Best Slow and Easy Recipes: More than 250 Foolproof, Flavor-Packed Roasts, Stews, and Braises that let the Oven Do the Work (Best Recipe Classics)

Posted on Dec 15, 2010 4:42:53 PM PST
K. Sanders says:
Ultimate Crockpot Recipes will do the trick! Enjoy.Ultimate Crockpot Recipes: 196 Pages Of Mouth Watering Crockpot Creations (Volume 1)

Posted on Jan 24, 2011 4:36:07 AM PST
Firefly says:
Check food.com. You can adapt most of your own recipes to the slow cooker. You'll probably have to use less liquid,and beans will work best if at least half cooked,but I just use my own regular recipes. And I'll go to the library and get some of these cookbooks for inspiration!

Posted on Feb 13, 2011 7:54:05 PM PST
Definitely Fix It and Forget it Fix-It And Forget-It Big Cookbook: 1400 Best Slow Cooker Recipes. It is fantastic that has everything from breakfast to dinner, appetizers, beverages and desserts!

Posted on May 13, 2012 2:55:06 AM PDT
blues clues says:
I recomend Slow Cooker Revolution out to be my favorite slow cooker cookbook out of the several that i own. I find that I can almost always rely on ATK for recipes,tips and so on. The only thing that I do not rely on ATK is for asian cooking. (^o^)

Posted on May 15, 2012 5:48:03 PM PDT
Crockery Cookbook (Sunset Cookery Books). This is an old one but my favorite above all other crock pot cookbooks. I have a collection of Sunset cookbooks and they are all very good. I like this crockery book because the recipes aren't just a collection of soups and stews as most others are. It has many different types of recipes like variations of beef brisket, short ribs, turkey, chicken, vegetarian dishes and desserts like bread pudding and poached pears. And none of them call for any canned soup. It's a wonderful cookbook. I agree with S.C. Mitchell's comments about the "Fix it and Forget it" books. I own one of them and there is a lot of repetition. All of the recipes in them are sent in by home cooks and most of the recipes are good. But how many recipes do you need for scalloped potatoes? In the version I have, there are close to a dozen of them.
I used to only use my crock pot during the colder months but have learned to use it year round, especially in the warmer months when I don't want to heat up the house with the oven on for hours.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Cookbook forum (132 discussions)

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Cookbook forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Jun 10, 2009
Latest post:  May 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions