Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more
Customer Discussions > Cookbook forum

Beans and Rice made into many different meals

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 28, 2010 7:30:41 PM PDT
blest.momma says:
Hello :)

My husband and I have 6 children and our main daily meals are Rice and Beans, and sometimes Beans and Rice. Needless to say we are getting a little board since we've been eating this way for about 20 years.

I am looking for a cookbook that allows me to to use beans and rice and then make many easy meals. So I would cook a big batch of rice and beans on Monday and then am given different recipes using the beans and rice already cooked. :)

Thank you in advance!

Posted on Aug 29, 2010 11:28:31 AM PDT
slimivy says:
If rice and beans are your family's staple, you should try latin flavors such as those in Stefanie Molin's Sabor Latino: Flavors from Cuba, Mexico, and Spain Sabor Latino: Flavors from Cuba, Mexico & Spain to rejuvenate your dinner repertoire. They are simple and flavorful meals that save time and money as many can use precooked ingredients. Try the Cuban chili, a healthy and hearty meal that feeds an army and uses precooked beans. The Mexican rice will jazz up your old boring rice and goes with everything. The Mexican Quinoa is a nice change from rice and uses precooked beans. The Cuban Pork with Black Bean sauce uses precooked beans and goes great with rice. The burritos use precooked beans and rice and can be made with ground beef, turkey, or meatless. These recipes will surely liven up your meals with some Latin flavors. For some completely new recipes with leftovers try the fajitas or shrimp. And for a real treat have the flan.

Hope this helps.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 29, 2010 8:23:01 PM PDT
blest.momma says:
Thanks Slimivy :) This book says "Kindle" only. I will look around and see if there is something in print.

Shannon

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2010 3:01:51 PM PDT
slimivy says:
I think you can download kindle for pc, mac, iphone, blackberry, etc. then you can get the book.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 9, 2010 8:00:44 PM PDT
June says:
Beans and rice are good for you and can be made in so many ways.

http://moneysavingmom.com/2009/10/how-to-live-on-beans-and-rice-for-a-week.html

Also, I've made bean burgers adding tomatoes, onions, green pepper.

Beans and noodles, with italian spices tastes delicious. I like to add stewed tomatoes.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2010 6:28:12 AM PDT
blest.momma says:
THANK YOU...this is what I am looking for. 1 main item and a different way to make it each day throughout the week. Now, if only I could find a book like this! Thanks again.

Posted on Mar 16, 2011 7:52:33 AM PDT
LilTuscany says:
My cookbook is FULL of FRUGAL recipes that kids love! It's only .99 cents!
The Recession Era Cookbook 2010 (Cookbooks By Sheri)

Sheri Gill
Whispers Of Angels
A Knight In Glendalough (The Aerleah Series)

Posted on Mar 17, 2011 12:52:32 PM PDT
TinkHerToy says:
I never met a bean I didn't like, and I've always been a huge rice fan. I prefer rice over potatoes or pasta any day. Right now my favorite is black-eyed peas over jasmine rice. We like it spicy, so I make Hoppin' John. There are tons of recipes, but just cook a bag of black-eyes with some garlic, salt and pepper, bacon or fatback, celery/onion/peppers, and add a chopped jalapeno. Nice with a side of cornbread.....
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Cookbook forum (132 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Cookbook forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Jul 28, 2010
Latest post:  Mar 17, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions