Customer Discussions > Cooking forum

Help with finding large, non-drippy teapot?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 14, 2012 11:22:27 AM PDT
BanjoGirl says:
Hi all-

I used to have a large Brown Betty: now I hear that company is under new management and the quality is shot. My current teapot is a good size but has a drippy spout. It holds 52 ounces of water, aka 6 1/2 cups (real measuring-cup cups, not teacup measures, whatever they are). I am looking for a teapot that is at least that size or a little bigger, with a non-drippy pour, and ideally an infuser, though that isn't as important.

I spent way too much time today looking at teapots online, and the thing is, I suspect many many teapots out there have a drippy pour because the spout is shaped to look cool not to pour well.

Does anyone have a recommendation? A really big but not insanely huge teapot that you use and like and that has a clean pour?

Thanks! -Jessica

Posted on Mar 14, 2012 1:25:34 PM PDT
Sheila (NJ) says:
I gave up on teapots for that very reason. Now I use those carafes that are usually sold for coffee, they pour well and keep my tea nice and hot. My husband got my last one so I don't know where he got it, but I saw a 51 ounce carafe at bed bath and beyond and if you put coffee carafe in the Amazon search engine you will get a lot of choices.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2012 2:01:49 PM PDT
BanjoGirl says:
This cracks me up because the insulated carafe that came with my coffee maker is even worse than my teapot...stupid thing dribbles all over the table! I'm sure that ones you buy separately pour better. Thanks for your reply; I'll consider it if I can't find the teapot of my dreams...

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2012 6:27:26 AM PDT
Sheila (NJ) says:
I don't drink coffee, but any time I've poured coffee from one of the things that came with the coffee maker, it has dribbled. I don't have any problems with the one my husband bought separately though. I went to check the name on it for you, but apparently I scrubbed it off the side and my husband accidentally placed the carafe on the stove when the stove was still hot so the bottom is too melted to read :)

As a huge tea drinker I feel your pain, if you find the perfect pot be sure to post it. For now I'm sticking with my melted carafe, at least my tea is hot when I forget to drink it right away.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2012 4:59:47 PM PDT
I have a Groche teapot and I love it. It's clear glass and extremely strong. Stronger than you might think when you see it. You can brew regular tea in it or you can make a blooming tea in it. Either way, it looks really neat. I have used it for several months now and like it more and more every day.

Posted on Mar 17, 2012 5:00:24 PM PDT
Oh, I forgot. It came with an infuser too.

Posted on Mar 17, 2012 9:02:57 PM PDT
I just purchased the Corelle Coordinates Callaway Teapot which seems not to drip. I'm sure the tea pot is too small for what you are looking for but...I'm very happy with this purchase.

Posted on Mar 18, 2012 5:31:56 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 18, 2012 5:32:13 AM PDT
Bundtlust says:
I have a large Unikat Polish pottery teapot by Maria Starzyk that I absolutely adore (I believe it's 5 cups). You can also get extra-large Polish teapots that have two handles and hold 8 cups. I've had good luck purchasing through American Heritage (http://www.amerheritage.com). You can expect to spend between $80-100 for a Unikat teapot (these have the highest level of detail in the design).

Posted on Mar 18, 2012 8:30:37 PM PDT
The picquot teapot was re released a few years back...beautiful styling and a sycamore handle and a good pouring spout.

Posted on Mar 19, 2012 12:59:59 PM PDT
P. Gitaitis says:
Last year I bought a Paula Deen stainless steel tea pot that can go on the stove. By today's standards it is pretty large. I think they can be bought online. It pours great and holds a lot of h2o.

Posted on Mar 22, 2012 12:10:14 PM PDT
BanjoGirl says:
Thanks to all who posted! Definitely looking for a ceramic teapot, not metal or glass. The Polish ware is lovely but surely there must be other options that are more budget friendly...suggestions anyone?

Posted on Mar 25, 2012 7:57:56 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 25, 2012 7:58:55 PM PDT
I love my glass teapot. Itis very strong and holds a good amount of water. If you don't have a particular decor reason for not considering glass, give it consideration.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 26, 2012 1:33:06 AM PDT
I didn't think I would like glass when I bought mine, but I wasn't willing to take chances on what the metal kettles might be made of and leaching into my tea. Now I can't imagine using anything but glass. I love it. Groshe is the brand.

Posted on Mar 26, 2012 11:04:03 AM PDT
BanjoGirl says:
Wow, there is no one out there who loves their ceramic teapot, except for the Polish Pottery one. I will have to take another look at them.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Cooking forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Mar 14, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions