Customer Discussions > Cooking forum

Christmas Wish List

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 40 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 1, 2012 3:09:08 AM PST
Mattie says:
What new things is everybody asking for for the holidays? Any new "must have" kitchen wants? I usually get kitchen things from hubby that I request but have to admit that this year there is nothing out there that has caught my eye. I'm wondering if like everyone who comes here says "I have too much as it is in the kitchen arena"

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 5:36:16 AM PST
For years Jim and I would do one big house purchase for Christmas. This year we are saving money, wanting to retire in 4 1/2 years, so no big purchases. We recently bought a nespresso that we both love, but the capsules are a luxury to say the least! So we'll probably end up buying espresso pods for christmas lol!

Now, if i had won the powerball...

hahaha, and yes, I have to much. My kitchen cabinets are full, we built a cabinet work station and it's full, I have two industrial shelving units in the garage with overflow, and a glass cabinet... way to much!

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 11:25:40 AM PST
Whale Tart says:
I want some ScanPan pots!

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 11:26:48 AM PST
Whale Tart says:
And someone to shoot the guy who invented Induction Cooking, I just caNNot master It!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 11:28:07 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 1, 2012 12:39:32 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 11:58:32 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 3, 2012 9:09:58 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 12:03:46 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 3, 2012 9:42:20 AM PST]

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 12:29:39 PM PST
Could anyone recommend a new pressure cooker? I have an old Mirro that I use for ribs and chicken breasts. The gasket is bad, and the company doesn't carry it anymore.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 12:46:24 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 3, 2012 9:10:12 AM PST]

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 2:05:16 PM PST
Mattie says:
Joaniepony,

That slicer looks exactly like the one I have here, except mine only has a 10 inch blade on it! Mine is about 16 years old at this point and still looks and works as new after getting lots of use here at home and at various places I have worked over the years. I know mine was bought at Zabars in NYC and was under $400 at the time, my old employer bought it for me as a going away present. Hubby thought it would just sit and collect dust when it was presented to me but the truth is we have used it a lot over the years and the smaller size is easy for me to get out and use when I need to. It only weighs about 15 pounds compared to the heavier real commercial slicers that would need to take up valuable counter space, I keep it on some shelves in the diningroom and put it on the counter when I need to use it. That Globe is a nice one but the price is out of sight too.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 2:16:13 PM PST
Mattie says:
Charlie Prop,

I have all kinds of pressure cookers here and use them often. My favorite is the large 12 litre Kuhn Rikon that I make stocks and massive quantities of foods in. It seems to have a tighter seal than all my others and stocks made in it seems stronger. I also have several Fagor stovetop PC's and for years they were one of two brands I used. I now use a smaller digital PC for smaller quantites when it is just hubby and I for dinner, I love the set it and forget it technology of them but realize the stovetop cookers will outlast my lifetime where as the electrics usually have a much shorter life span. There is one thing I will strongly suggest for any cooker you choose to buy, get one or two replacement gaskets when you make any purchase and put them in a safe place. Lately there have been lots of trouble with people trying to buy a new gasket for their cookers and finding out either the company went out of business or they no longer manufacture the replacement gaskets for older model they used to sell. People have to toss perfectly fine cookers because they can't locate a gasket for their PC. If money is not a problem for stovetops I would go with a Kuhn Rikon, they will last a lifetime and be passed down to the next generation, if $$ are a concern I would go with any of the Fagor models, my oldest Fagor is now about 20 years old and still going strong. If the electric digital is more to your liking I would also go with either a Fagor or the one Cuisinart puts out, both are dependable and the Cuisinart has the longest warranty of all the electric models. Hope this helps!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 3:11:23 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 3, 2012 9:58:17 AM PST]

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 3:45:39 PM PST
I want a cook for Christmas - just for a few days. It would be sooooooo wonderful to just sit down and have dinner ready.
Stupid lottery! If I'd won, hiring a cook and kitchen cleaner for a week was at the top of my wish list.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 3:46:32 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 3, 2012 9:58:05 AM PST]

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 3:30:12 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 6, 2012 11:48:52 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 3:55:30 PM PST
S. Kessler says:
I swear by the Kuhn Rikon. So easy to use and always accurate.

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 4:17:59 PM PST
joaniepony® says:
All I need is a new Deluxe Kitchen.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 5:50:09 AM PST
widowTink says:
Don't have any kitchen gadgets or gizmos on my list....but there are lots of cookbooks that have caught my eye. I've got just about all the tools I need. I've put plenty of vegetarian and vegan cookbooks on my list, DH will pick out one or two. We're not completely vegetarian and nowhere near vegan, but I've found these books, with the emphasis on fresh fruits, veggies and whole grains, are a healthy way to get started on new ideas. If I want to add meat....I can. We are eating for the future, not just for today, and I need many, many healthy years with my grandkids. Once in a while though, I just gotta have me some bacon......

I wish for a new tattoo, a kitten or a puppy, a plane ticket to see my grandbabies and a box of gourmet Petit Fours.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 9:26:45 AM PST
Whale Tart says:
hI pArrOT!
It is amazing at how much yo can feed yourself with just One good knife hey?! I did a naturapath menu plan for one week and I was amazed at how little effort and implements it took, it was literally my chef knife and chopping board and also the best I have felt in forever! But steak is just tOO gOOd sO I am a rebel in da kitchen now, meaning I know what is gOOd fOr me but I just cannot be so wholesome!
My Christmas Wish would be that Cattle undergo a metamorhysis and be made just out of Fillet! Seriously, who can fOOk up a fillet?

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 9:30:41 AM PST
MommaCat says:
My pizza stone broke a couple of months ago. I'd like that and a nice pizza cutter. Mmmmm, petit fours from Solvang!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 10:45:19 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 10:45:34 AM PST
S. Kessler says:
Check out the Emile Henry Pizza Stone:

Emile Henry Flame Top Pizza Stone, Black

It results in really crisp crust and is easy to clean cheese drippings off of it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 12:01:30 PM PST
widowTink says:
oooooooh.......Solvang! I haven't been there in decades! Do they still have all those awesome little bakeries and restaurants and shops all quaint and dutch and stuff? Do they have mail order? (gonna google that next...what an exquisite gift idea you've plopped into my head!)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 12:10:51 PM PST
MommaCat says:
It's been a while, but nothing changes there does it?

You know that big place at the end of town? THAT'S where you get pastries!

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 12:53:58 PM PST
Kay Shepherd says:
I use nice Wusthof 8 inch knife...I keep thinking I might want a really nice 10 inch knife. Along with that I'd love a really good cutting board...nice and roomy - my current one is small to mid-sized and made of bamboo. It's lightweight so that's good, but I don't really love it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 1:43:44 PM PST
S. Kessler says:
I love my bamboo cutting board. It's so kind to knives. As for a chef's knife, I highly recommend the Shun Classic, which Williams Sonoma often runs specials on.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Cooking forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  40
Initial post:  Dec 1, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 18, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions