Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > Cooking forum

Christmas Wish List

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 40 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 18, 2012 2:21:43 PM PST
GW says:
NOW I SEE what's going on here!

You 2 are somehow managing to make enemies on an innocuous forum like COOKING and we young innocents get hit with the residual flack!

I refuse to take this lying down!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:39:08 PM PST
That would work for me too Pony - it's a great idea.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 5:36:10 PM PST
joaniepony says:
Puff,

I tried to get a group to do trade offs~~~Like an Atlas pasta maker~~~~

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 5:33:31 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 17, 2012 5:34:02 PM PST]

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 8:27:50 AM PST
Whale Tart says:
You should never ever give a knife as a gift to friend or family, only to enemy..........
I have tested that theory and am now convinced.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 8:38:17 PM PST
Other than having a cook for a few days I'd really like to have an Espuma (foamy food) maker - but since I'm not sure it's a thing I'd enjoy using I'd like to have one just to give it a try.
And I'd enjoy having an idea book with lots of pictures for making little kids meals -that they'll actually eat.
So much of the stuff that's online is too complex for a small child's appetite and tastes.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:04:16 PM PST
S. Kessler says:
I have the Victorinox and they are extremely good for the price. But the Shun really feels like an extension of your hand. It is so well balanced. And the edge is really long lasting. If you can afford it, splurge.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 8:02:19 PM PST
S. Kessler says:
I have both an 8 and a 6. Small hands. I use the 6 inch more often.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 7:22:35 PM PST
I have had the chef's knife for over 25 years, it's traveled the world with me. The black handle has faded somewhat to a grayish over black, but the blade is great, it fits my hand, and though I've tried many others from expensive (though not shun) and cheap this is the one I reach for over and over.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 7:05:34 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 7:06:21 PM PST
Kay Shepherd says:
Victorinox Swiss Army 8-Inch Fibrox Straight Edge Chef's Knife

Victorinox 47521 10-Inch Chef's Knife, Black Fibrox Handle

Cook's Illustrated rates these knives very well - and they are pretty reasonably priced, too. I gave the 8 inch to my son when he moved out on his own. He's not much of a cook or anything, but I wanted him to have a decent knife.

I just dream over a beautiful Shun...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 6:00:43 PM PST
Teddy says:
April,
You should never give sharp objects as a gift (That's what my grandma usta say), you can sell them for a penny or a nickel~~~I gave (sold) my daughter some Forschner knives, Chefs, bread, Slicing ect. They are made by the "Swiss Army Knife" Company and are highly rated by Cook's Illustrated. You don't have to keep them locked up in a safe as you do with Shun.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 5:47:57 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 17, 2012 6:01:32 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 3:45:48 PM PST
MommaCat says:
That would be a nice trip. And not all that far for you. You can overnight it to me. My address is MommaCat's House, The Cat House, Urine, UTah

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 2:52:32 PM PST
TinkHerToy says:
Yes, it seems I make it there every 20 years or so, ever since I was a kid. I was always in love with those Danish bakeries and the cases full of decadent, wonderful, unique sweets! hmm...that would make a nice road trip. Maybe visit Hearst Castle on way. A quirky little place called Nepenthe. The Madonna Inn. Driving Hwy 1. ahhhhhhhh..............

btw...I couldn't find anything delicious to mailorder from Solvang :-(

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 1:51:58 PM PST
Kay Shepherd says:
Yeah, a nice Shun is what's been calling out to me....do you use 8 or 10 inch?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 1:43:44 PM PST
S. Kessler says:
I love my bamboo cutting board. It's so kind to knives. As for a chef's knife, I highly recommend the Shun Classic, which Williams Sonoma often runs specials on.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 12:53:58 PM PST
Kay Shepherd says:
I use nice Wusthof 8 inch knife...I keep thinking I might want a really nice 10 inch knife. Along with that I'd love a really good cutting board...nice and roomy - my current one is small to mid-sized and made of bamboo. It's lightweight so that's good, but I don't really love it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 12:10:51 PM PST
MommaCat says:
It's been a while, but nothing changes there does it?

You know that big place at the end of town? THAT'S where you get pastries!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 12:01:30 PM PST
TinkHerToy says:
oooooooh.......Solvang! I haven't been there in decades! Do they still have all those awesome little bakeries and restaurants and shops all quaint and dutch and stuff? Do they have mail order? (gonna google that next...what an exquisite gift idea you've plopped into my head!)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 10:45:19 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 10:45:34 AM PST
S. Kessler says:
Check out the Emile Henry Pizza Stone:

Emile Henry Flame Top Pizza Stone, Black

It results in really crisp crust and is easy to clean cheese drippings off of it.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 9:30:41 AM PST
MommaCat says:
My pizza stone broke a couple of months ago. I'd like that and a nice pizza cutter. Mmmmm, petit fours from Solvang!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 9:26:45 AM PST
Whale Tart says:
hI pArrOT!
It is amazing at how much yo can feed yourself with just One good knife hey?! I did a naturapath menu plan for one week and I was amazed at how little effort and implements it took, it was literally my chef knife and chopping board and also the best I have felt in forever! But steak is just tOO gOOd sO I am a rebel in da kitchen now, meaning I know what is gOOd fOr me but I just cannot be so wholesome!
My Christmas Wish would be that Cattle undergo a metamorhysis and be made just out of Fillet! Seriously, who can fOOk up a fillet?

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 5:50:09 AM PST
TinkHerToy says:
Don't have any kitchen gadgets or gizmos on my list....but there are lots of cookbooks that have caught my eye. I've got just about all the tools I need. I've put plenty of vegetarian and vegan cookbooks on my list, DH will pick out one or two. We're not completely vegetarian and nowhere near vegan, but I've found these books, with the emphasis on fresh fruits, veggies and whole grains, are a healthy way to get started on new ideas. If I want to add meat....I can. We are eating for the future, not just for today, and I need many, many healthy years with my grandkids. Once in a while though, I just gotta have me some bacon......

I wish for a new tattoo, a kitten or a puppy, a plane ticket to see my grandbabies and a box of gourmet Petit Fours.

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 4:17:59 PM PST
joaniepony says:
All I need is a new Deluxe Kitchen.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 3:55:30 PM PST
S. Kessler says:
I swear by the Kuhn Rikon. So easy to use and always accurate.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Cooking forum (874 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Cooking forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  40
Initial post:  Dec 1, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 18, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions