Customer Discussions > Cooking forum

Single Cup Coffee Makers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 32 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 10, 2013 10:44:33 AM PST
M. Schmidt says:
I'm having trouble trying to decide between the Breville BDC550XL The YouBrew Glass Drip Coffee Maker and the KRUPS KM9008 Cup On Request. I've tried the pod coffee makers before, but it's gets to be so expensive.

Anyone have good experience with either? Which is the better choice?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2013 1:28:33 PM PST
Sheila (NJ) says:
If you still have one of the pod ones you can just buy a reusable pod and fill it with your regular coffee.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2013 3:26:59 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 10, 2013 3:33:36 PM PST
LL™ says:
M. Schmidt,

I gifted a family member with the Hamilton Beach Single Serve Scoop Coffee Maker. She is very happy with it as you do not need to use a pod, can use almost any coffee, and you don´t have to worry about recycling the pods.

I myself have a Nespresso CitiZ D110 Espresso Maker, Black and I am very happy with it and I don´t mind the pods, though I admit it would be easier and more economic to be able to use any sort of coffee.

Posted on Jan 11, 2013 9:12:47 AM PST
OldAmazonian says:
Melitta Ready Set Joe Single Cup Coffee Brewer

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 9:16:51 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 9:18:42 PM PST
Donna says:
Buy a Keurig!!! We bought one at the beginning of January and recently purchased the K-Cup filter which we use to put our favorite dry coffee in; only fill the filter about 2/3 full of your favorite coffee to avoid any problems. Works beautifully! Just purchased a second Keurig (Special Edition series), at Costco, for our store. It came with the K-Cup filter and a box of K-Cup coffees. Love, Love, Love them!!

Posted on Jan 25, 2013 8:21:51 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 25, 2013 8:22:28 AM PST
I love my aeropress: Aeropress Coffee and Espresso Maker

If you're willing to spend the money, go for one of the Saeco Superautomatics. You can buy a certified factory refurb for as little as $250: Saeco Vienna Plus Superautomatic Espresso Machine - Silver - Certified Refurbished . I've had good experiences with this vendor, Seattle Coffee Gear.

They're great machines. I got about 12 yrs service out of my first one and have had no problems after 3 yrs use with my second.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 2, 2013 4:29:15 PM PST
I agree. For a single cup, the Aeropress is great.

Posted on Feb 3, 2013 1:56:11 PM PST
Jackie says:
I hope someone can help me with finding the correct paper filters to use with my Keurig, I have the Keurig replacement cup and mesh filter. I've tried using my coffee with the replacement but I have the brown gunk in my coffee cup, all it needs is a paper filter. Right now, I'm cutting my regular coffee filters to fit, but that is very time consuming and messy. Please help me. Thanks.

Posted on Feb 14, 2013 7:20:23 PM PST
Hani H. says:
It all depends on what kind of coffee you want to drink. If you are set on using a coffee machine that uses pods AND want a large selection i suggest a Cuisinart SS-700 or a Keurig since they both use K-cups. If selection is not your biggest issue then i highly recommend the Nescafe KP210050 Dolce Gusto (this is the one i use in my office). The coffee it makes is very high quality and made under very high pressures which makes a nice frothy coffee! If you want some good information on single cup pod style coffee makers i found a couple good reviews that have a lot of good information. Good luck!

http://www.nichepage.com/n/kitchenware/single-cup-coffee-maker
http://www.nichepage.com/n/kitchenware/keurig-coffee-makers

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 14, 2013 7:24:18 PM PST
Yasser D. says:
If you like the keurig, then you should go for the b70 brewing system. Its really the best one out there. Great links buddy, really informative.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 10:14:41 AM PST
Grandma says:
I purchased the least expensive (Hamilton Beach Coffeemaker - around $15.00) from Amazon. I have used this coffeemaker for nearly one year and am delightfully satisfied. I did buy the $40.00 pod maker as I like to make my own pods. Also, I've found that I use far less coffee (which increasingly gets more expensive) than I did with my 10-cup coffeemaker.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 3:46:37 PM PST
ispeedca says:
buy the breville cafe roma and get pods for it. coffee will be delicious.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2013 9:07:56 PM PST
B. Geppert says:
Be careful with the Breville... I've owned THREE since they came out hoping that Breville would fix the problems with it. I realize that common sense dictates that it's Breville so it must be high quality, but you'd be wrong :(.

Check out the reviews here on Amazon as well as on BedBathandBeyond. Sorry to be the barer of bad news...

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2013 6:02:58 PM PDT
Nichepage L. says:
I agree with B. Geppert sentiment towards the Breville. I did not have a good experience with one i bought for my office. How ever i bought a Cuisinart SS-700 for my home and it has been working great.

http://www.nichepage.com/n/kitchenware/single-cup-coffee-maker/

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2013 11:39:34 PM PDT
Don't bother with the paper filters. Walgreens sells a package of 4 plastic inserts that you can fill and empty without taking apart the whole device.
If you can't find them in Walgreen's then Bed Bath And Beyod has them as we'll but thy are much more expensive.

Posted on Jun 12, 2013 7:18:26 AM PDT
I like the french press. You put the coffee in the bottom, boil the water, add, let sit a few, press, and it's fabulous, low tech, no filters and stuff to mess with. It also works when the power goes out if you have a camp stove or grill to heat the water on, as we found after 6 days of no power after Isaac last year.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2013 10:56:37 AM PDT
OldAmazonian says:
Excellent presses:

Frieling French Press Ultimo 17oz ~ Insulated Stainless Steel Mirror Finish Coffee Press (17-Oz.)

Frieling Polished 18/10 Stainless Steel French Press, 36 Ounce

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2013 8:17:49 AM PDT
I have a plain old bodum. Although that first one is sure purty!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2013 1:48:06 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Dec 17, 2013 5:32:20 AM PST]

Posted on Jul 23, 2013 7:38:11 PM PDT
Anyone having problems with their Kuerig Single cup? Mine is less than a year old and it will not pump the water.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2013 2:30:32 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 6, 2014 6:29:59 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2013 2:46:04 PM PDT
I watched mine carefully, also, so I don't think that is the cause.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2013 2:49:52 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 6, 2014 6:30:08 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2013 4:09:22 PM PDT
PS says:
I understand that Keurig is good at replacing them for free~~~They make their bucks off the K-cups. Same with printers, the big bucks are made on the ink.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2013 7:52:38 PM PDT
Can't locate my paperwork on it; so I really do not know if it is under warranty anymore or not. I will take your advice and call them. Can't hurt to try. Thanks.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Cooking forum (851 discussions)

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Twinkie Temple #4 244 2 days ago
springform pan 10 3 days ago
Pressure Cookers 160 8 days ago
Has anyone actually seen Corning Ware Pyroceram or VISIONS cookware explode? 454 14 days ago
Baking in a Breville Smart Oven 161 18 days ago
Good Toaster Oven Cookwear 26 18 days ago
Anyone Use Eat Your Books? 17 19 days ago
Volts 0 21 days ago
92x24 tablecloth 0 22 days ago
Kindle edition vs actual cookbook 4 25 days ago
An alternative to aluminum foil? 36 26 days ago
pasta express ctc machine recipe needed 30 28 days ago

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Cooking forum
Participants:  25
Total posts:  32
Initial post:  Jan 10, 2013
Latest post:  May 3, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions