Customer Discussions > Cooking forum

Senseo coffe pods cancelled?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 226-250 of 305 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2012 9:34:44 AM PDT
Jane Doe says:
No, I certainly do not feel better about your situation.
But I myself cannot even afford health insurance and my husband also had cancer - so many folks are in the same boat or worse.

All this of course doesn't mean that I wouldn't consider buying your pod-maker and I certainly will check it out on eBay.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2012 10:41:12 AM PDT
Marilyn, I am sorry, but I still dont think that you can simply decide that your circumstances allow you to ignor Amazon's rules.

Please take it up with Amazon; maybe they will agree that your circumstances warrant special consideration and you will be give their ok to self-promote and sell through their forums. Even then, I imagine they would require you to sell on Amazon and not promote eBay.

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 7:43:55 PM PDT
senseo is no longer offering their products in the us, not good enought sales so they are staying with over seas production and sales, pods are no longer availabe anywhere in us even online, they have been bought up completely and will not be back, guess they dont care about their true faithful customers, now i am back to searching for a great single cup coffee maker that is not the gross keurig

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 7:29:21 AM PDT
I'm buying my pods online elsewhere. It's more expensive but it's still great value (especially compared to the Keurig thing) and the selection is a whole lot better with regular specials. I don't think I'm supposed to mention external websites but if you google "artisan coffee" you'll probably find it. The pods are a little fuller so you may find you need to use the two-pod filter as I was starting to worry about breaking the hinge with the one-pod.

Heck, I need to keep this going. I have a spare machine from a returned gift (back when you could get the machines for $12) and the original is still going strong. It's a real shame that this system has not made it big.

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 10:00:42 AM PDT
Jane Doe says:
I could bring a suitcase full - Senseo or generic - from Holland, since I travel there frequently, but don't know what customs would say :)

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 11:20:22 AM PDT
Senseo(according to Facebook) was supposed to begin production of the pods in July after restructuring their plants. However, they have only last week started offering 2 types of the pods. I have heard that they will not be offering their pods to US stores anymore and will only be sold in the European market. You can get some varieties of the pods through the Senseo store. I had to give up on waiting for them because I was unable to consistently find the Melito pods in the grocery store and had to go without coffee on a few occasions. I just but the Keurig and it should be delivered this week. Kerig's patent is ending in Sept. so maybe other companies will start manufacturing their own version cheaper than the Keurig.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2012 1:39:06 PM PDT
G. Carabe says:
I wrote to senseo and was informed that the pods will still be available in US , but to watch for them, the amount that they had produced for US sales wasn't enough to meet demand and unfortunately had sold out in a week.
I was told that they would be back again near end of summer, however Melita sells a pod in a soft bag that looks like the Senseo bag , that will fit the machine exactly.

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 1:01:19 PM PDT
emceemk says:
Well,
Amazon sent me the Senseo Dark Roast this afternoon, and also the six pouch pack of the Colombian. We'll have to see how the quality compares to its previous incarnation. Anybody else get these yet?

emceemk

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 2, 2012 11:17:01 AM PDT
BookLover says:
We have received two large orders of Senseo from Amazon.com over the last few weeks. We decided to stock up since the pods keep going out of stock. Received our second order yesterday. If you are having trouble getting Senseo pods, just place an order and when the pods are in stock again, Amazon will ship them right away.

We were able to compare the Sara Lee pods with the news ones and this is what we found. The new pods are somewhat different and now taste a lot like Melitta coffee. I agree with what P. Fulton posted here on 2 July, that instead of using 100% Arabica beans, American Senseo now has Robusta beans added to the mix, or the coffee might even now consist of 100% Robusta beans. The Senseo dark roast pods are still much better than many other brands, so we are sticking with them.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 4, 2012 10:33:02 AM PDT
Jane Doe says:
Has anyone tried the Lavazza pods ?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 4, 2012 1:14:58 PM PDT
emceemk says:
Well, some time ago I stayed in a swank hotel that used the Lavazza pods, and at least at that time, they were crap. A sort of dish-water-meets-sour grounds kind of crap. So I have stayed away, being happy enough wiht the Buzzworthy, teh Java One, and the Baronet dark. It may be that they now have a variety of blends, perhaps of better quality, but I'm not spending the money to find out.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 17, 2012 11:01:29 PM PDT
chris14 says:
The pods now being sold by the senseostore.com and I am guessing also amazon are not the same coffee (imo) A few months before Senseo was discontinued, I got a shipment of coffee where the individual pods did not have the words SENSEO stamped on them...I also noticed the coffee didn't taste right. I called Sara Lee and they gave me some line of maybe machine was out of ink and sent me a couple of coupons for a free 18ct packs that turned out to be useless as no stores carried it any longer. I was drinking the Columbian blend or Dark Roast. Someone suggested making own pods using Costco brand Columbian coffee and while making pods using coffee filters and the wooden pod makers sold on ebay or a measuring cup and glass (be sure to tamp down the coffee) --this is kind of a pain, but makes better coffee, so thanks whoever you are. Thanks for the info on Douwe Eggberts.

Posted on Aug 17, 2012 11:12:08 PM PDT
Okay, I'll post this comment one more time, though I feel that I am talking to an empty room. (Apparently no one reads any previous posts!) I found good coffee pods at Green Tree Coffee & Tea. If you buy in bulk, they are competitive (maybe less expensive even) than competing brands. I have NO affiliation with this company. Here's the link showing four different kinds of coffee pods, individually wrapped for freshness: http://www.greentreecoffee.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=GTCAT&Category_Code=1600

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2012 2:50:16 AM PDT
melissa says:
I am using a contraption for senseo where you just fill it with coffee...not making anything. Found on amazon. I am using trader joes dark roast and it is easy and delicious. I bought a frother and love it.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2012 4:53:08 AM PDT
G. Carabe says:
They don't state whether or not if they fit the senseo..which is problematic , it is a great price though. I have found that the Wolfgang puck and the regular Melitta don't' , however Melitta now sells a soft bag 18 count that looks just like the Senseo bag..and I wrote Senseo and they agree , but state that the "taste" will not be the same. But buy ,buy buy , Senseo has pods for the moment

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2012 5:19:51 PM PDT
emceemk says:
I also have a coffee duck, and tho it makes a good cup of coffee (if you load it with good coffee), there's no crema. the ecopads at least deliver a nice amount of crema, comparable to the Senseo pods. And if you like Trader Joe's coffee, I highly recommend the Extra Extra Dark French Roast-- a great buy, and a personal fave.
Also, the Puck and Buzzoworthy Melitta pods are larger, but they will fit nicely in the larger Senseo holder, and in a pinch will fit in the regular holder (I use them this way, carefully, every morning). I highly recommend them. And for those of you thinking of buying the new Senseo Columbian pods, don't. I've got a whole box that I can't return, and they're really inferior. I'm satisfied enough with the "new" dark roast, but the Columbian just blows. Yuk.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2012 2:25:08 AM PDT
melissa says:
Am using the regular dark roast but will try your recommendation next time. I love. MY frother machine so just add that. Aren't the ecopads a nuisance?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2012 6:47:26 AM PDT
G. Carabe says:
I too have a coffee duck, hardly use it its a pain, with the paper pads and having to use less coffee so it doesn't leak out of the sides of the machine, yes puck fits in the larger holder ,but loosely so you get more crema then coffee , but I will use 2 pucks in the larger holder(one at a time) and run the 4 oz serving , and squeeze out or push out a little more by opening and re-closing the machine.
I really have to point out that Melitta makes a package of 18 soft bag pods that fit the machine perfectly.
But at present I have been able to buy the Senseo pods, I just by a lot. I now have enough for several months.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2012 7:42:53 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 19, 2012 7:43:53 AM PDT
Jane Doe says:
I bought the first trial batch of Melitta dark roast for my SO's biz office coffee supply and they just love it - it's perfect, I was told.
Discovered being available @ Walmart (out of all places) for $4.79 for a 18 pack :)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2012 3:57:08 AM PDT
melissa says:
Why use paper pads with the duck?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2012 4:38:49 AM PDT
emceemk says:
I've no idea why one would use paper pads with the duck.
For a lark once, I bought a pack of circular percolator filter papers at a garage sale. I used them in the large Senseo pod holder (precedure not included for brevity), and they worked fairly well. There just wasn't much crema, and tho for some a milky froth substitues just fine, I likes me some crema.
I'm thinking that I should make a YouTube video of hacks for the Senseo.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2012 5:04:47 AM PDT
G. Carabe says:
I looked online to see why people kept asking why paper for the duck, I found out that I have a first generation duck and instead of a reusable membrane on the bottom , I have to put a small paper disc in it.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 21, 2012 5:16:02 AM PDT
emceemk says:
@GC:
Ah! That older version of the coffee duck sounds like a real pain. Did it come with filter inserts?

BTW, I did a quick perusal of YouTube and found several Senseo hacks for making your own pods, some more elegant than others. Anybody who's had chem lab knows the benefits of wetting your filter paper, tho few online demonstrations seemed to do this. It's worth taking a look, for anyone who's curious.

Also, I acquired a Nespresso unit as a back-up/ step up for the Senseo, should the pods prove to be unforthcoming. I hate the price of the Nespresso capsules, but they domake a superior espresso, and the price was great for an introductory unit. I have tried the more economical Ethical Coffee Company capsules, which are less expensive and good, but not great.
Yesterday, one of these got stuck in the Nespresso machine, really wedged in there. As I tried to get it out of the unit (getting the housing off was NOT gonna happen), those smug little words "Nespresso capsules only" written across the top of the handle seemed to mock me as I envisioned my warranty going up in flames. Between using needle nose pliers, a scredriver with a long lever arm and dissecting a fresh capsule to see how it was built, I got it out of there. *Phew* so it's likely I won't be using the rest of those pods. So to anyone else who has this unit, be aware.

Posted on Aug 21, 2012 5:24:23 AM PDT
G. Carabe says:
I will be quite depressed if Senseo or Melitta stop making the pods, I brew the double holder only , my wife uses the single and doesn't mind if we had to go the way of the Keurig, I like the strength and flavor the double pod makes as does my son.
My suggestion to all that like the Senseo is really simple , do as I do , as soon as you find them available , And I do think that they will be available , I just don't think the company realized how many people were really "dying" for that Senseo cup of Coffee ...but buy as many as you can afford, after all as long as you don't buy more than a years worth , how bad could the coffee taste , I have in my basement ,(which stays around 65 all year) 3 months worth now. I still see the pods available right now.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 27, 2012 3:53:41 PM PDT
Superfan says:
I have the Ecopad as a back-up. Yes the cleaning is messy. I keep a bowl of water by my coffee maker. Helps clean them and after awhile the coffee grounds settle to the bottom. Pour water off and grounds in garbage. Yes its a hassle. What is hassle free with the Ecopad is I like to use instant coffe in them. I start the day by washing them out the rest of the day I just keep adding instant coffee. Has the foam and still a much better cup of coffee than the Keurig. charles
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Cooking forum (849 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Cooking forum
Participants:  87
Total posts:  305
Initial post:  Apr 13, 2012
Latest post:  16 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 24 customers

Search Customer Discussions