Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Deradoorian $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation STEM Toys & Games
Customer Discussions > Cooking forum

Senseo coffe pods cancelled?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 251-275 of 305 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Aug 28, 2012 2:28:23 AM PDT
melissa says:
What is the ecopad?

Posted on Aug 28, 2012 6:09:56 AM PDT
emceemk says:
@Superfan:
...Instant? Really? I'm intrigued. I imagine most instants have some sort of additive that makes the coffee go into solution faster, and this would make it a little foamy. But I haven't inflicted instant coffee on myself for a decade, as it used to blow mightily, without exception. Is there actually an instant coffee out there that is even vaguely comparable to the late great Senseo dark roast, may it rest in peace?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 6:26:13 PM PST
Have you come across http://www.brew-yet.com/ ?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 6:27:38 PM PST
http://www.brew-yet.com/

Easy to use BREW-YET Coffee Disc Maker allows you to make your own Coffee Discs at home, instead of buying prepackage coffee pods, to brew your favorite coffee or blend of coffees - resulting in a perfect fresh cup of coffee from your Coffee Pod Machine - every time.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 6:28:45 PM PST
M. Baker says:
Just bought the coffee duck device from Amazon and it works fine.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 2:27:33 AM PST
melissa says:
The pods are back

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 9:27:48 AM PST
M. Jacobson says:
Do you sell this on Amazon?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 9:45:39 AM PST
M. Jacobson says:
Do you sell this brew-yet on Amazon?

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 11:35:44 AM PST
No, sorry it is not sold here yet. But that's a great idea! Thanks.

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 12:32:08 PM PST
emceemk says:
I can make the pods myself without the aid of a purchased gizmo, and for a lot less. But to anyone else still following this discussion, hey, whatever works for you is what counts.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 2:15:07 AM PST
melissa says:
How

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 2:22:52 AM PST
melissa says:
Yes

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 2:23:46 AM PST
melissa says:
Just got some

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 9:55:19 AM PST
emceemk says:
Earilier in the thread, several YouTube videos are cited. I'm sure that if you use their search tool you can find them, but if you just scroll back the discussion you'll see various other helpful hints and tricks other people have used, especially those of us who had chemistry in school (e.g., wetting the filter paper).

Posted on Jan 12, 2013 9:19:31 PM PST
J. Roscovius says:
I recommend BetterCoffee.com. Shipping is reasonable and they have lots to choose from. Samplers and grab boxes are also available. Highly recommended.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2013 2:52:23 AM PST
melissa says:
Do you recommend any ?
My latest senseo dark roast were awful.
?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2013 5:53:33 AM PST
Appletree333 says:
Why did you find it awful? If because it was weak, try wetting the pods with very hot water first.
I like strong, dark coffee, so I use one 10g pod, thoroughly wetted, in the two-pod holder. It's wet enough so that when I close the top I hear a squish and get a few drops of liquid in a cup. I then use one of my favorite English bone china mugs, that hold 10 ounces. If I press the 2-cup button, I get a cup of coffee filled almost to the top, with a wonderful crema.
Ever since I saw the recent British study that claims two cups of coffee per day are extremely beneficial (especially for women) I have been enjoying my one mug every morning. (Here's one link to study results: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/05/17/health-coffee-drinkers-live-longer_n_1523600.html
Hope this helps!

Posted on Jan 13, 2013 5:59:53 AM PST
Appletree333 says:
In brief, my Senseo recommendation for a mug wih great crema:
Use 10g pods (Senseo-brand pods are smaller)
Thoroughly wet pod with hot water
Put one pod in the two-pod holder
Press the two-cup button

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2013 10:04:11 AM PST
chris14 says:
The "new" Senseo Dark Roast and Columbian are truly awful. I ordered about a half dozen of other pods and didn't really like any of them. I have had luck making my own pods using Costco brand Columbian Coffee and 4 cup basket type coffee filters-3 level tsp/pod. I purchased a little wooden gizmo being sold on ebay (be sure to get the one where the round insert for tamping down the coffee appears to fit snuggly). There are a number of you tube videos on how to make your own pods and one of them shows you how to do it with a 1/4 cup measuring cup (I think it was a tupperware one) and a drinking glass. Be sure to tamp down the grounds and try to to let any loose grounds cling to the pod. I use the 2cup pod holder and the 2 cup setting. Always rinse/wet the pod holder before each cup. Periodically I use the wire inside a twist tie to ream out the little pin hole on the pod holder> Sorry if this is somewhat too much info.....Also--it is probably a good idea to wet the pod holders, but don't use cold water. 4 cup basket filters are hard to find. I just trim about a half an inch off of the 8 cup filters. Good luck

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2013 12:23:26 PM PST
melissa says:
Recommend a 10g pod....

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 3:05:18 AM PST
melissa says:
What 10g pod do you use?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 4:36:17 AM PST
Appletree333 says:
I like strong, dark coffees and I have found many that work. I have used Melitta Buzzworthy, various Baronet dark roasts (I'm currently using their Dark Kenya AA) and was about to reorder the Reunion Island extra bold French Roast but decided to try instead some of the bettercoffee.com dark variety packs.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 6:34:57 AM PST
G. Carabe says:
Dark Coffee isn't necessarily stronger, the darker the roast the less caffeine it has, light roast is actually the strongest coffee

Posted on Apr 14, 2013 7:15:18 AM PDT
If u dont want your machine anymore I will take it kcups are crappy.send me a email davidcostanzo01@gmail.com

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 14, 2013 2:43:21 PM PDT
G. Carabe says:
David Go to senseo.com and order a machine.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Cooking forum (869 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Cooking forum
Participants:  87
Total posts:  305
Initial post:  Apr 13, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 3, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 24 customers

Search Customer Discussions