Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Cooking forum

"Quiet" Induction Cookware, please!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 113 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 11:41:30 AM PST
S. Kessler says:
My cast iron enameled Le Creuset Chef's Oven works like a charm on the Max Burton.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 12:43:28 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 4:12:52 PM PST
Calphalon is what I primarily had before my GE induction Range. I still have a few of the large pieces that I use in the oven, but the rest I gave to family and friends. No problem with noise from my current varied collection.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 3:10:22 PM PST
D & R says:
They say that the best way to check if your cookware is going to be good for induction is to check it with a magnet. Well since "REAL" Stainless Steel is NOT magnetic, then I can understand why you are having problems with it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 4:01:59 PM PST
CMK says:
Hi Lisa,

I recently bought another European brand induction pot at my local TJ Maxx, and it works great (and does not make too much high pitched noise at high power cooking). The brand is called Schulte-Ufer. This and the other brands I listed in an earlier post say on the bottom of the pots that they are for induction cooking.

CMK

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 4:34:47 PM PST
Gregg Irwin says:
As far as buzzing, we don't get a problem from any cast iron or enameled steel. We do get some from cookware that has a sandwich bottom construction (e.g. Kuhn Rikon pressure cooker). It's not severe for us, so I haven't researched it more.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 2:12:50 PM PST
NJAZ says:
Just got a Nu-wave PIC and a Max Burton disc...No noise! I hope it doesn't start just because I said that!! I heated cheese in an aluminum pan and it boiled instantly...Corn in a Calphalon pan never did boil, but there were bubbles. This was on the "sear" setting. Currently, I'm looking for an affordable set of induction pans. Our kids have a set of T-Fal pans that say "induction cookware" on the bottom. They LOVE their PIC. Could the noise be related to the brand?

Posted on Feb 7, 2013 10:53:39 AM PST
Has anybody tried the Chantal cookware I just bought a GE induction cooktop and they recommend Chantal cookware

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 7, 2013 12:19:55 PM PST
CMK says:
I haven't tried Chantal.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 8, 2013 3:07:10 PM PST
Hi CMK,
Chances are you have a slab bottom pan or one that is multi-ply with opposing metals that expand and contract at different rates. 7PLY and 9PLY cookware, slab bottom and cast iron will all HEAT UP on an induction cooker - however, the more plies and the heavier, the slower the transfer of heat. The two best cookwares for induction cooking are Health Craft 5ply Magnetic Surgical Stainless Steel and Saladmaster 7 Ply induction - both Made in the USA.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 8, 2013 5:38:44 PM PST
CMK says:
Hi Chefs,
I haven't really focused on the transfer of heat of cookware - induction cooking is so quick and efficient, that it does not seem to be an issue. I'd be listening for the type of "noise" the cookware that you mention makes. Have no need for new cookware at the moment, though. Am happy with what I've got. Love induction cooking! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2013 5:09:25 AM PST
P. Radcliffe says:
So tell us please, what variety of pots are much quieter?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 10, 2013 10:04:57 AM PST
CMK says:
Hi P. Radcliffe,
I mentioned the brands in two earlier posts here. Check my posts of Nov. 14, 2012 and Dec. 2, 2012, please. They are European brand cookware that I found at TJ Maxx and Marshalls. The ones I've found there are of great quality, not too heavy and definitely have the least amount of high pitch "buzzing" at high power induction cooking.
Feel free to let me know if you have other questions.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2013 8:51:40 PM PST
The two best induction cookware are Saladmaster and Health Craft

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2013 4:40:43 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 16, 2013 6:49:36 AM PST
Anne Shirley says:
I ignored it the first time, but you made a second post promoting Healthcraft cookware. Aren't you the founder and president of Healthcraft? I guess there is a chance that your posts might not be against Amazons terms of service not allowing self promotion, technically, since your cookware isn't sold on Amazon as far as I can tell, but I bet it is a violation.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2013 8:13:10 AM PST
CMK says:
Hi Chefs,
What makes you say the two brands are the best? Which others have you compared them with and in what ways have they outperformed the others?
Just curious!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2013 12:55:05 PM PST
Hi. I have had an induction cooktop since 1985 and love it. I cook with Chantal cookware and my grandmother's old cast iron skillets. No buzzing!

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 9:13:24 AM PST
Jimbo says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 3:28:42 PM PST
P. Radcliffe says:
Look it up.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 5:06:06 PM PST
Noreen says:
I have Al-Clad, supposedly the best, have been using it for a year now, I don't know how old you are, but I'm sixty and now my elbows are killing me. They may be the best, but if you cook pasta and you fill on with water it is so heavy!!!!!! I am going this week to find a few pieces that require a lot of water and try and find lighter ones, best of not, I need my elbows for pretty much the rest of my life, so cookware will have to suited to me. Al-Clad you can't put in the dishwasher so you really handle them a lot, beware, try one or two pieces before you decide.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 24, 2013 6:36:15 PM PDT
pj says:
I have no trouble at all ive got two cook tops theyvwork great you just have to use correct pots & pans pj

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 28, 2013 6:28:26 AM PDT
GamingLady says:
Good Morning, i too just bought a new induction range by whirlpool and I found some pots at Kohls that work very well, and they didnt cost an arm and a leg! If you are in the market for some high end pots try bed bath beyond, they were about 400.00 ...but my Kolhs were 119.00 and they looked very much like the more expensive brand. The brand on them are A- La- Carte and they came in a yellow box... make sure to wash them by hand and they should work well for a good long time!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 28, 2013 6:29:57 AM PDT
GamingLady says:
Kohls ......has a line A- La - Carte and they are not loud at all but neither are my Farberware.......could it be your range?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 29, 2013 9:30:09 AM PDT
Noreen says:
I bought the best, paid an arm and and leg but they are so heavy. A year later my elbows are killing me! I see that they have a set on sale now that I'm going to buy just because when you have to cook pasta and you get out a big pot and fill it with water it is sooooo heavy. BB&B has another set on sale now and I'm going buy it because they are probably lighter, plus they have 3 skillets and you need a searing skillet. After you use a skillet for searing the finish is ruined for cooking stuff like eggs or pancakes. Induction cooking is great though!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 29, 2013 9:32:36 AM PDT
Noreen says:
I find Kohl's to be too expensive. When shopping around they are almost 50% higher than other stores especially if you have a particular name of something you're looking for.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Cooking forum (875 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Cooking forum
Participants:  51
Total posts:  113
Initial post:  Mar 20, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 10, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 19 customers

Search Customer Discussions