Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Cooking forum

Senseo coffe pods cancelled?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 306 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012 3:23:27 AM PDT
melissa says:
Costco has their own brand which is very good. Comparable to Starbucks.

Posted on Jun 9, 2012 4:24:28 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 22, 2012 8:35:53 AM PDT]

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 12:45:52 AM PDT
M. Barnes says:
Senseo and Douwe Egberts have been brands under Sara Lee Corporation. On Sara Lee's website (saralee.com) under Brand News, on June 05, 2012 it states Hillshire Brands Company will be the new name of Sara Lee's North American business. The other more interesting news on January 26, 2012 is about plans between Sara Lee (coffee) and Philips (coffee machines). The article talks about SENSEO but says nothing about Douwe Egberts. According to Bloomberg on June 12, 2012 Douwe Egberts split from Sara Lee after more than 3 decades, has neen renamed D.E. Master Blenders 1753 DV, and started trading in Amsterdam. Since they've always been a Dutch company, I understand how people in the Netherlands could get Douwe Egberts coffee when we couldn't. I have a Senseo coffee machine, don't like K-cups, and definitely hope we'll be able to get Douwe Egberts/Master Blenders coffee pods again in the US. I have an outstanding pod order with Amazon and it looks like I'll have to cancel it. Boo-hiss!

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 11:14:25 AM PDT
Sukru Tikves says:
@Kate Thanks for the information.

So, this means we will be out of Senseo pods for a while. Douwe Egberts was real good, hope they offer something of their own.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 12:14:46 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 18, 2012 12:17:16 PM PDT
KatieKat says:
Actually Senseo has stopped making all pods for their brewers. There probably will be some still out there till they run out. However, I hear Melitta is now making versions of pods specifically designed to work in Senseo pod machines! There's a Dark Roast, Medium Roast,& Decaf on Amazon now.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 1:32:23 PM PDT
emceemk says:
Thanks for the references-- I've heard lots of loose talk & it's good to know you took the time to know what you're talking about.
Thanks,
emceemk

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 5:15:03 PM PDT
I haven't heard about this but, in my and my sister's opinion, the Baronet coffee pods are far, far superior to Senseo...much better coffee and about the same price. They ship in lots of 3 18-count packages of med. roast columbian for $18.57 whereas Senseo 4 18 count med. roast (not specified as Columbian) is $23.88, negligable difference - neither at Subscribe and Save pricing - both are "temporarily out of stock" at the moment. I just received Baronet 100% Columbian Med. Roast Decaf - it is AMAZING. My sister doesn't drink decaf and she said it was way better than the Senseo when she decided it might be to late for her to have another regular coffee last night - well, this morning at 4am after we'd been making bread all night! I know her, she'll be up here drinking up my decaf now! So after her honest opinion I just ordered the same Baronet Decaf 3 18 count bags, Subscribe and Save, at $15.78!!! Any price difference is worth it to me but this sounds like a better deal, especially for better coffee!

As for the make your own pods, I didn't feel great about that expensive gadget that 'ironed' the pods closed but I did get the Ecopads which work better if you give your regular coffee a whirl or two in a coffee grinder before filling...Hope you get to try Baronet pods, some come individually sealed in little foil packets so they stay fresh longer and would travel well.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 6:14:17 AM PDT
Abe says:
I learned yesterday from a clerk at Schnuck's Grocery Chain out of St Louis (Missouri and Illinois) that they too have started to pull/stop SENSEO PODS from their shelves...only pods left now are decaffienated (yuk). So better buy up...or make your own...or move on with technology me thinks...AB Bloomington, IL

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 6:59:47 AM PDT
Appletree333 says:
I don't understand the panic. Melitta, Baronet and JsvaOne all make pods that I prefer to the Senseo brand ones. I've only tried dark roasts, but I find the trick to coffee that is strong enough and has a nice crema is to WET THE POD FIRST!

I always use Subscribe and Save, and cancel or skip a shipment if I want to try a different kind.

Hope this helps,

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 9:32:15 AM PDT
emceemk says:
The other two brands I have, but tell me about the Java One. Since you know the "wet to pod" secret, I figure you know what's up. In general, I like it dark-dark, but not burnt.
And @WSS, thanks for the tip on decaf, because the Senseo decaf did truly blow.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 4:14:38 PM PDT
Appletree333 says:
I just got my first shipment of JavaOne Sumatra and it's not as strong as I like. The pods are actually smaller than the Baronet Coffee Blast, Dark Roast, my current favorrite. One pod in the double holder makes a nice mug of cuffee.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012 5:15:01 AM PDT
emceemk says:
@Ap3,
Do you get any crema with the Baronet in the double holder? I've been manhandling them into the single pod holder, and getting a fairly thick crema (on the Senseo scale).
I have also got a little Nespresso maker that makes a fantastically rich dark crema, but the capsules ara a tad pricey, so I use it on the weekends.
It's pretty pathetic; we had beautiful granite in stalled in the kitchen remodel, and decided to keep kitchen appliances off the countertop, for which we had paid quite a bit. The only exception? THe Senseo, the Nespresso, and an under-the-cabinet drip maker.
We are such coffee addicts....

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012 5:18:46 AM PDT
melissa says:
I got a coffeeduck and a milk frother. it is working great with the two items. Get good coffee and good crema....

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012 5:22:00 AM PDT
Appletree333 says:
Yes, I get a respectable crema. I do wet the pod thoroughly (under gently running hot water), close it in the Senseo, and let it sit for a while before I make the coffee.

Please let me know how you make out.

Posted on Jun 20, 2012 5:28:44 AM PDT
emceemk says:
... I don't hear anybody talking much about the Wolfgang Puck pods. I've purchased some from Amazon, and they seem to be fine. The other nice thing is that the Puck, the Baronet and the Melitta Buzzworthy are individually sealed, so I'm not oblliged to use them all up soon after I open up the pouch, as was the case with the Senseo pods.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012 5:35:31 AM PDT
emceemk says:
@mel,
Okay, dish. How do you get good crema with the coffee duck? I have _never_ gotten more than a thin film of farily watery bubbles across the top of the coffee. I've tamped, ground, and tried just about everything besides bribery or sacrificing a chicken to the coffee gods.

emceemk

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012 5:42:14 AM PDT
melissa says:
bought a frothing machine for $45. works great. frothng takes about as long as the water in the senseo takes to heat. froth-add to cup-add coffee.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012 6:00:17 AM PDT
emceemk says:
@mel,
Stupid Girl is not entirely sure what you mean. Guess I haven't had enough coffee yet. Are you just talking about adding frothed milk, or getting good crema in just the coffe by itself?
Hey, now I have an excuse to have another cup. Woohoo! Think I'll go with the Baronet French.

Posted on Jun 20, 2012 6:07:39 AM PDT
Lulu says:
I found this website DavesCoffeePods.com and have ordered pods that fit my senseo and they work great!
Coffees and teas!

Posted on Jun 20, 2012 9:51:49 AM PDT
Sara Ruffin says:
I would agree with the other Senseo users that the Green Tree Coffee & Tea pods are a superior product. I particularly enjoyed the French Roast blend. Great flavor and not TOO dark just right for me.

Posted on Jun 20, 2012 9:55:56 AM PDT
Green Tree Coffee and Tea offers three flavors of individually wrapped pods which work well in the Senseo coffee maker. In bulk, they are competitive with store brands. (I have not affiliation with them.)
http://www.greentreecoffee.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=GTCAT&Category_Code=1600

Posted on Jun 20, 2012 11:48:32 AM PDT
KatieKat says:
Melitta has just started making pods specifically for Senseo and Hamilton Beach pod machines....

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 2:54:07 AM PDT
melissa says:
Expensive?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 2:56:04 AM PDT
melissa says:
Add the froth before the coffee and it floats to the top like the cream.

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 10:13:33 AM PDT
User says:
it looks like there is plenty of them in amazon co uk but they would not ship to USA.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Cooking forum (875 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Cooking forum
Participants:  87
Total posts:  306
Initial post:  Apr 13, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 20, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 24 customers

Search Customer Discussions