Books with Buzz Courage To Act by Ben S. Bernanke Learn more Shop Men's Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Janet Jackson All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Grocery Amazon Gift Card Offer blacklist blacklist blacklist  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now STEM Toys & Games
Customer Discussions > Cooking forum

Looking for a large convection / toaster oven

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 29, 2012 4:08:16 PM PDT
jerie says:
I can't seem to find anything that has an interior larger than 0.6 cubic feet, and descriptions only include outer dimensions, not actual interior dimensions, so it's almost impossible to find what I need. Too much to explain but basically need something that takes the place of a regular oven, able to accomodate at most a 14" by 10" pan, for example. Any suggestions?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2012 5:44:13 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 29, 2012 5:50:58 PM PDT
jamekwilson says:
Take a look at Oster. Will fit 14 inch pizza pan. Digital controls. Adjustable temp, time, convection (yes/no), broil, pizza, warm, bake. I like it. Stainless outside. Two racks -removable, glass door. Quiet even with convection fan running.
Had mine about 1 1/2 years. Bought at Walmart at the time about $100.00. Can't see mod. # - sorry. Good Luck.
Looked at Amazon : Oster TSSTTVXLDG Extra Large Digital Toaster Oven, Stainless Steel - pennies under $100.00

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2012 8:22:26 PM PDT
jerie says:
Thanks, going to check it out!

Posted on Aug 6, 2012 9:31:35 PM PDT
Ty says:
This one could possibly fit two. Hamilton Beach Countertop Oven with Convection and Rotisserie

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 8:28:57 AM PDT
You don't say anything about your price limit, but the Viking convection / microwave oven is a gem. You can order it in different colors, too. It is pricey, but a good investment--I think. I am so very happy to have it. I can bake pies, cakes, breads, roast chickens and turkey breast, broil steaks, and lots more. It is my preferred method for baking my pies. I think there is a model that will steam also. It is more accurate than my Viking Professional oven. If I ever have to move into tiny living quarters, this appliance is coming with me. It can sit on the countertop or buy a package that will convert it to a built-in. I think GE also makes a similar appliance; probably other manufacturers too. The Viking is made in the USA.

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 2:55:38 PM PDT
Scott Turner says:
We have the Breville convection oven and it is fantastic. The product page says it's .8 cubic feet. We love ours, and use it several times a day. Be sure to get the bamboo board that sits on top of it if you want to set anything on top of it, as it gets pretty hot.

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 10:18:16 PM PDT
jerie says:
I am thankful for every suggestion and I have hunted them all down to at least the largest models, and find that all except the Oster are about 13.5" wide inside. Iirc, the Oster was about 14" in width so would be the best deal, sizewise and moneywise. I just wonder at the design esthetics, I like my kitchen appliances to enhance the decor, not drag it down. Seems like almost all of the larger ovens are just big blocks of stainless steel..

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 11:08:48 PM PDT
John Wang says:
We recently got a Breville as well and it is no contest the best convection oven we have ever used...intuitive and versatile we find it handles 90% of the dishes we previously prepared in our conventional oven. An unexpected surprise is that it heats up so quickly that we wound up using it to reheat our food as well. No more soggy microwaved leftover pizza in our house.

Posted on Jun 14, 2013 1:47:12 AM PDT
blues clues says:
It has been almost a year (2 months shy) and was wondering if you ended up getting the Oster TSSTTVXLDG Extra Large Digital Toaster Oven? How do you like your convection/toaster oven? I too am looking for a convection/toaster oven and would like to hear your input on the product. Thank you!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2013 3:35:43 PM PDT
jerie says:
I never did get a new one. I am still using my old oven as I was never able to find exactly what I wanted, even with all the helpful suggestions!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2013 6:43:51 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Dec 26, 2013 5:13:33 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2013 7:28:20 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Dec 26, 2013 5:13:02 AM PST]

Posted on Dec 26, 2013 5:03:51 AM PST
RobinD says:
I couldn't be happier with my Breville Smart Oven. Cooks Illustrated Test Kitchen tested a variety of toaster ovens and found the most consistent temperatures and best features in the Breville. I couldn't agree more. I used it as an extra oven this Christmas to bake cookies. The Williams Sonoma Goldtouch quarter sheets fit perfectly and every cookie on the pan was baked to a consistent color(a true rarity for toaster ovens). I've had mine since last February and couldn't be happier with its performance.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Cooking forum (870 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Cooking forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Jul 29, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 26, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions