Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Cooking forum

What is the most exciting challenge in a Cooking Show?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 6, 2012 7:29:34 AM PDT
Whale Tart says:
In your opinion, when you consider all the cooking shows you have watched, which challenge did you find the most exciting or creative?
There were two challenges which stood out for me in all the shows I have watched: The one challenge where they had to create a gourmet meal out of convenience store products and an even better challenge which was the one where all their cooking utensils were taken away from them. That one brought out all the brain power! The one chef used the pots and pan rack to grate cheese onto his dish!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 6, 2012 10:07:53 AM PDT
MommaCat says:
I liked the challenge on Chopped where they had to use prepared foods to create meals. My reasoning is that's realistic. Taking prepared fried chicken and apple pie and turning it into something totally and completely different (the pie became salad dressing, I think) showed talent and real people what they could do.

I agree with you on the convenience store challenge. That was great.

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 4:39:13 AM PDT
My favorite challenge was on top chef, it was a basic skills speed challenge test. The chefs had to choose a member to chop onions, cut up a chicken, etc. I was amazed that some these top chefs had problems with such basic skills.

Posted on Aug 15, 2012 12:44:43 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 15, 2012 12:46:32 PM PDT
What is the most exciting challenge in a Cooking Show?
-Of course there can be a lot of delicious meal ideas, this is what will encourage people to watch the show and cook the meals themselve but the most important part of it is the presentation.

There was this guy here in QC who had this cooking show a few years ago and let me tell you that this was the most hilarious cooking show ever. The guy seemed to have some good meal ideas but didnt really fit the profile... He was big, bald, with tattoos and earings and he had a very deep voice. He basically looked like if he just got out of jail! His instructions were way too basic: " So now i take this, i mix it with this, and then i cut this like this...chop.chop.chop and then i cut this like this..chop.chop.chop and then like this.....I forgot the name but the show was hilarious! It would've worked better if the guy was a little more professional looking.A good presentation and look for both yourself and your meal is very important when you cook on a TV show :) LOL!! My grand-Mother loved cooking shows, but she was scared to death of that guy!

Posted on Aug 19, 2012 8:19:57 PM PDT
D. Robinson says:
I don't know if it's exciting, but one reason I love Chopped is because they force the "ingredient snobs" to use decidedly non-gourmet ingredients. Things like Velveeta, or pork rinds, or canned vegetables.

I love the look on the snooty French chef as he pulls something like Spam out of the basket.

Posted on Aug 20, 2012 2:39:59 AM PDT
Whale Tart says:
I have never watched 'Chopped' Will rectify my ignorant status immediately.
Canned vegetables are a bit of a impossible ingredient to work with, actually, I suppose a nightmare.
Soggy flavourless veg, what did he do to rise to the challenge?

Posted on Aug 20, 2012 2:59:54 AM PDT
I like Adam Richman's food challenges
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Cooking forum (874 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Cooking forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Aug 6, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions