Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > Cooking forum

Simple Glaze for Fruit Tart needed ASAP

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2012 8:54:51 AM PDT
MommaCat says:
Aw : ( But at least it tasted good!

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 8:35:02 AM PDT
TinkHerToy says:
Looked terrible. Tasted amazing. My glaze came out too runny and didn't set on top of the fruit. Maybe it was the liqueur. Maybe too much liquid and not enough cornstarch. Going to tweak and try it again. I wanted to make small individual tartlets, but I didn't have a pan. Going to the kitchen store at the factory outlets to score a tartlet pan, then I will try try again. Thanks for the help and interest!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2012 7:21:58 AM PDT
MommaCat says:
Tink: I need to know! How did everything turn out last night???

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 2:35:30 PM PDT
TinkHerToy says:
Thanks LL! That is what I've found all over, so I left out the strawberries and just cooked the sugar, lemon juice and cornstarch. I also added about 1/8 cup of St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur. It tastes incredible but is a little runny. It will still suffice. I'm going to work on this recipe.

I'll get back to ya.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 12:22:34 PM PDT
LL™ says:
Tink,

All I can find for the tart is a strawberry glaze.

Hull and crush:
3 cups strawberries
Strain them first through a ricer, then through a fine sieve. Add to the juice:
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 Tablespoon cornstarch

Cook and stir these ingredients over low heat until thick and transparent. Cool.

Spread over the the fruit tart to be glazed.

Good luck!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 11:08:36 AM PDT
MommaCat says:
lol, forgot about the cheese!

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 11:06:34 AM PDT
TinkHerToy says:
Thanks mom, but not quite what I was looking for. Nice idea to have the liqueur in the filling instead of the glaze, but at this point it's an afterthought that I want the St. Germain in the tarts. I'd like to make something with lemon juice, sugar and cornstarch, I just can't find a recipe for the measurements.

...and of course, *tink* never ever uses any kind of cheese on anything whatsoever....

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 11:01:05 AM PDT
MommaCat says:
This doesn't have a glaze, but look at it. It uses the liqueur. Did you see it already?

http://www.tarteletteblog.com/2011/09/recipe-gluten-free-elderflower-cream.html

Initial post: Apr 24, 2012 9:49:36 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 24, 2012 10:01:23 AM PDT
TinkHerToy says:
I'll bet I can find what I need here. I'm making a fruit tart, the graham cracker crust is cooling, I have a lovely lemon custard to fill it with and strawberries and blueberries to top it. I need a simple glaze that does not involve melting jellies or jams (I don't have any on hand) I need proportions for a sugar/cornstarch glaze that I may or may not add lemon juice and/or St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur. HELP! I NEED TO HAVE IT DONE LATER TODAY!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Cooking forum (874 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Cooking forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Apr 24, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions