Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > Cooking forum

Is there a food you just won't eat?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 276-300 of 734 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 10:02:57 PM PDT
D. Curington says:
Don't you people have anything better to do? I mean get a life. But since I'm here and if I were to put something on the list I would have to say rattlesnake, dog, cat and horse. lol. You guys are nuts. But here's my 2cents anyway. I mean, since I'm here.

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 1:21:51 PM PDT
P. Cvetic says:
I really don't like most cooked vegetables(aside from ones most don't eat raw ie potatoes & corn). I just prefer raw for most veggies. I actually hate bananas(hate banana flavored candy more).

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 3:28:10 PM PDT
TinkHerToy says:
That reminded me of my root beer thing. Ewww ick root beer. Root Beer Barrels hard candy....yum. I don't get that one.

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 7:04:15 PM PDT
riedmur says:
I hate martian balls, aka Brussels sprouts

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 8:50:27 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Dec 9, 2014 11:34:20 AM PST]

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 3:54:06 AM PDT
Have to add a couple to my list of not eaten foods:
Medium or Hot chicken wings. Just can't do the hot stuff let alone hot stuff in oil.
Actually, I'm not crazy about chicken wings period. Too much work to eat and you get icky, oily stuff on your hands.

And I do not like Italian sausage - it's not that I refuse to eat it, but I really just do not care for it no matter how it's cooked or what it's in.

Will also add "rat on a stick" to that list.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 9:19:17 AM PDT
MommaCat says:
Whenever people get oil on their hands it means the item wasn't fried right or drained after frying. Don't blame you. Bet you'd love my fried chicken wings though :-)

My hubby said the same thing you did about too much work to eat... doesn't say that anymore.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 9:37:15 AM PDT
MommaCat:

What did you do to make him quit saying it? Didn't involve the frying pan I hope :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 10:11:07 AM PDT
MommaCat says:
lmao! No, I told him he had to at least try it before he said anything. There really is a lot of meat on a wing, and if made right it's awesome.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 10:27:22 AM PDT
MommaCat:

Thank goodness you resolved it peacefully :) On a serious note, I have to agree about the tastiness of well prepared wings . . . they are delicious. Also, tell your husband it is my opinion he is a lucky man . . . home cooked meals are rapidly becoming a thing of the past.

Chuck

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 11:40:36 AM PDT
It is pretty good when prepared properly and well cooked. Tripes are also very nutritious.

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 12:37:39 PM PDT
There are very few foods that I truly dislike. There are a number that I am not particularly fond of, and generally avoid. The only food I can think of right off hand that I truly dislike is raw oyster. I enjoy oysters prepared any other way (especially breaded fried). With raw oysters it is not just the texture (while that is repulsive to me), it is the taste itself.

On the other end of the spectrum . . . foods I enjoy, with the reason being somewhat puzzling . . . water chestnuts. They are bland, to nearly tasteless, but I really do enjoy them. I'm guessing it's the texture.

Chuck

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 1:52:04 PM PDT
i dont eat raw tomatotes. it is a texture thing. i do like catsup, tomatoe sauce, even tomoatoe juice. just not raw tomatoes. i even like salsa. i also hate canned peas. again the texture thing. i dlo love sweet raw petite baby peas tho.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 3:45:33 PM PDT
TinkHerToy says:
My DH won't eat tomatoes raw, either, he says they taste like metal cans. He also won't eat onions. *sigh* I sure do miss cooking with onions.......

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 4:19:51 PM PDT
MommaCat, for the most part, it's the butter (or whatever) sauce they swirl the wings in to add the spicyness (is that a word?) that gets my fingers sticky.
For me eating wings involves using a lot of napkins and/or a damp paper towel.

~~*snicker~~ "martian balls" That's hysterical.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 4:51:36 PM PDT
MommaCat says:
Gotcha P.Fulton, my daughter won't eat messy foods either-she doesn't like to eat with her hands.

Tink, have you ever tried grating onions into foods? At least it would be flavored.

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 5:38:39 PM PDT
Licorice, angelfood cake, coconut and scrambled eggs. I know most people like all of these foods and I want to like them but I just don't. Oddly enough, I love oysters!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 6:11:18 AM PDT
TinkHerToy says:
Tried it, momma. He just won't eat it. I keep an onion in a secret place and make onion stuff for myself when he's not around. He insists onions are a communist plot. Otherwise, he's a really awesome guy.....

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 6:26:30 AM PDT
heyray says:
A cow doesn't have a penis.

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 6:52:27 PM PDT
L. Nichols says:
I don't eat any kind of beans. My dad made me eat them as a kid even though I didn't like them even then. Now that I am all grown up I avoid all kinds of beans and refuse to eat any dish they are in. The only chili I eat is beanless and my family thinks I am strange.

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 12:08:53 PM PDT
Lives to Eat says:
Prefer not to eat escargots (yechh), clarified butter (too rich), organ meats.

Chicken liver - I know why. When a child of about 6 yrs old, my Grandmother's cook had per-preped chicken for a buffet. It was only browned, NOT COOKED. She had it on a cabinet top to cool. The chicken smell was so enticing. At that age I could reach the cabinet top (but not see it), so, I reached up and felt around for a small piece to steal. Unfortunately for me, it was a chicken liver. Boy, was it nasty. Had just started to spit it out when cook turned and caught me in the act. First she commanded me to finish chewing and swallow that chicken, meanwhile she chastised me for stealing. I certainly learned my lesson. To this day, even though I love the smell of liver and onions cooking, there is no way to make me eat it.

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 2:35:35 PM PDT
Paula S. says:
I love all veg. but cannot stand Okra. I hate the flavor, texture, and it is slimy. Yuk. Not a fan of organ meats either. I did have jellyfish once and did not like the texture on that either. If I do not like a food, chances are it has to do with texture.

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 8:31:30 AM PDT
The first thing that comes to mind is rice. My mom made "sticky rice" that was cold by the time I sat down to eat and she put a cold pat of butter on it that would never melt. Disgusting! I agree with teh Veg-All - how does ANYBODY like that? Also on my list are fish sticks (they will NEVER be brought to my house or fed to my kids) and Banquet Pot Pies. I am just now coming around to pork chops. Mom only cooked them in the toaster oven. Yeah...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 8:55:43 AM PDT
MommaCat says:
OMG. Toaster ovens are great, but I don't want to think about those pork chops. I think our mothers would have gotten along just fine.

I hated pot pies until I decided to try making them myself. The idea sounded good ( looking at Marie Callendars) but I refused to eat frozen, so I gave it a try and put in things that I like. Like fresh, not frozen veg. Wow.

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 10:41:30 AM PDT
The gardener says:
Okra, slimy when cut and hairy on the outside total yuck!!!!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Cooking forum (874 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Cooking forum
Participants:  134
Total posts:  734
Initial post:  May 7, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 16, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions