Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Cooking forum

Senseo coffe pods cancelled?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 306 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 4, 2012 6:24:59 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 24, 2012 2:03:10 PM PDT]

Posted on May 4, 2012 6:35:39 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 4, 2012 6:38:27 AM PDT
Reader says:
In response to D. Clark - Senseo may be on the decline in the US, but it is not on the decline in Europe. Keurig is not king there - Keurig is not even sold in Europe. The "problem" is that Keurig is king in the North American marketplace. Senseo makers and pods are still sold at the same level as always in Europe (and I was just in Amsterdam a few weeks ago and saw the pods in every grocery store.) But, I guess they just couldn't compete in the US... my opinion is that the style/size of coffee produced by the Senseo machines is too different from the typical American style for most Americans to like it.

This whole situation with the pods is very annoying, though - it was BECAUSE of my experience with Senseo coffee in Amsterdam that I bought my own machine when I got home. Even some restaurants there give you coffee made from a Senseo machine, and it's great. (Unfortunately I have yet to replicate the flavor with the Senseo pods which came with my machine.) It seems to me that Sara Lee (new owner of Senseo) made a mistake by continuing to offer the brewers while discontinuing the pods everywhere except on amazon. Maybe they were just allowing stores to use up any inventory they had left. I bought my machine online from Target with no idea that the pods would be hard to come by. I thought I had found an alternative single-cup pod - Java One - which was supposedly available in my local Sam's Club store. Alas, it is now an "online exclusive." I have searched high and low, even in areas with a lot of Europeans or Euro-philes, hoping to find pods at a physical store, with no success. I'm going to stock up on Java One, which supposedly makes a tastier cup of coffee in the Senseo machine (and supposedly fits properly despite not being Senseo branded.)

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 9:28:50 AM PDT
Did multiple searches, could not locate your product.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 9:50:17 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 24, 2012 2:01:37 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 2:53:02 PM PDT
Hi. I looked at your unit on eBay and it looks simple and good. One question: how do the pods stay folded? Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 3:36:07 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 24, 2012 2:01:29 PM PDT]

Posted on May 10, 2012 9:38:47 AM PDT
Ricky D. says:
Well it looks like it's time to throw my Senseo in the trash and buy a Keurig.

Way to go Senseo!

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 10:59:57 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 24, 2012 2:01:18 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 12:24:22 PM PDT
Sukru Tikves says:
I would not be so fast to throw my machine yet. Senseo offered real good coffee, and if all goes bad, I'll probably continue with AeroPress.

Posted on May 10, 2012 2:01:07 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 24, 2012 2:01:11 PM PDT]

Posted on May 12, 2012 8:57:27 AM PDT
This SENSEO stuff sucks !!!!!!!!! From $25 to $60 on AMAZON !!! Really??? Nort making enough money?

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2012 9:08:13 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 24, 2012 2:00:50 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 11:06:22 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 24, 2012 2:00:42 PM PDT]

Posted on May 13, 2012 1:10:11 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 13, 2012 2:06:30 PM PDT
I found this pod source online from Green Tree Coffee & Tea:
http://www.greentreecoffee.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=GTCAT&Product_Code=GTCTP1CCSR&Category_Code=1600
(Be sure to combine both of the above two lines in your browser.)
I use two pre-wetted pods for a twelve ounce cup in my Senseo single-cup coffee maker. Closing the lid is a bit tight, but the coffee is good. These pods are also packaged/sealed individually, so they remain fresh longer.
Note that this company offers two flavors, "World Blend" and "Colombia Supremo." The "Colombia" is all I've tried, and it's good.
If you order the 250-pod quantity, the cost + shipping comes out to only around 32 cents/pod, comparable to Senseo brand and others.
Good hunting.

Posted on May 13, 2012 2:04:45 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 24, 2012 2:00:33 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 7:23:37 PM PDT
R. J. Walker says:
If you'll look again, I think you'll see that the Peds at $60 (and up to $100+) is not being sold by Amazon. I think these are folks who think they've cornered the market on the 'last' of the Senseo pods and are looking to make a 'killing'.... It's not Amazon's fault that Sara Lee has abandoned this market....

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 7:29:40 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 24, 2012 2:00:17 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 6:04:08 AM PDT
Mizzou says:
To the Jacobsons:

Would you happen to have any testimonials (references) from buyers of your product? I could not really read the directions for use as it was so small. Could you e-mail me the directions how this works?

Gary

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 7:13:50 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 24, 2012 2:00:08 PM PDT]

Posted on May 15, 2012 9:03:20 PM PDT
Sukru Tikves says:
To eBay sellers: You know that it's possible to sell on Amazon, too. They both have similar commissions, and such. So, there is no need to link to eBay items, whereas it would be much more convenient to buy here.

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012 3:13:04 AM PDT
"I did not know they stopped others from producing competing pods. That explains something, thanks."

They have an exclusive license from the hardware manufacturer, Philips, to produce the pads.
In their home market, the Netherlands, pads are available from several other brands, especially generic pads from house brands of several supermarket chains.

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012 7:27:04 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 24, 2012 2:00:00 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012 7:40:18 AM PDT
Mizzou says:
I would like to buy your pod maker but (by choice) I do not have a PayPal account. Is there a way I could mail you a check? I will be glad to wait for the check to clear prior to you sending it to me. If this is possible, I would need instructions how to do it. Gary Baker

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012 7:50:14 AM PDT
M. Jacobson says:
My email is mjacobson@wavecable.com. Please send me an email and I can give you the address to send a check. Thanks for your interest.

Marilyn

Posted on May 16, 2012 8:00:29 PM PDT
I was getting frustrated with the lack of choices in pods and LOVE my Senseo so started looking around about a year ago. I found any number of sites with an astounding number of pods makers in flavors I never even considered before and I'm a coffee freak much like I'm guessing you are.

My favorite is BARONET - European Blend (and most every flavor of theirs I have tried from Tanszanian Peaberry to Nutty iorishman to Capucino to Pumpkin Spice - however wasn;t thrilled with the Mint Chocolate). The pods are somewhat bigger than Senseo pods but have not had an issue with this - I use the double pod holder and put two in and if I feel it is going to cause the machine a problem with sealing I just get the top pod wet and then close it up. Too easy.

The site I buy from most (I usually buy about $100+ worth o0f pods and have them shipped at a time - keeps me in pods for months with plenty of variety) is http://www.coffeewiz.com/Coffee-Pods/

Oh - and check out Marley Pods - Lion's Blend - excellent cup of coffee. Liked the One Love too but quite strong. And I dig strong coffee... And just a suggestion - the Lavazza pods were a stellar disappointment. Worst ever Espresso.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Cooking forum (874 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Cooking forum
Participants:  87
Total posts:  306
Initial post:  Apr 13, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 20, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 24 customers

Search Customer Discussions