Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS
Customer Discussions > Cooking forum

Temple of the 8th Day Twinkiests (Chocolatey Ho-Hoers also welcome!)

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 7776-7800 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jun 14, 2012 5:36:59 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 14, 2012 5:37:43 AM PDT
tonyS says:
Last day of school for 2 of the kids. I haven't YET said "can't wait for school to start". And I'm off to Belgium for a few days to see my better half. Ta-ta, lovely maidens.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 7:29:12 AM PDT
GW says:
Take care of Teddy's needs?!
I'll PASS.

I'm not ABOUT to lick the spot where his GONADS usta be!

Gotta LOVE condo living.
The 3 guys below us fight all the time.
At least I *think* they're fighting....I keep hearing furniture hit the wall & one of 'em screaming the EFF WORD!

Been admiring their window treatments, tho....RAINBOW fabric.
So colorful & cheery.
Can't figure out WHY they always fight like cats.

Perhaps it's just good-natured "rough housing" huh?
Boys will be boys, after all.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 7:32:45 AM PDT
GW says:
Tony,
A full oral report will be required upon your return.
And btw, I'm sure I speak for ALL the Goddesses when I say we wouldn't turn down Belgian Lace Togas as a memento of your holiday/tryst.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 5:50:56 PM PDT
joaniepony says:
Gina,

Sandusky liked to "rough house" with the young boys.
any of your neighbors Penn State alumni?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 11:35:02 AM PDT
GW says:
Not in THIS trailer park.
These guys are more into *animal husbandry.

*G

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 3:15:03 PM PDT
Oh, I'm sorry! How are you doing, Miss Gina?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 3:16:58 PM PDT
Have a safe trip!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 3:49:18 PM PDT
GW says:
I'm just a tad drunk right now....just back from an early happy hour.

What are we gonna DO around here without our RUDDER to steer the course?
I wonder when tone is coming back?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 3:51:40 PM PDT
I know! We are going to be totally lost until he returns.

Just a wee bit tipsy? Sometimes, that is the best way to be!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 6:46:27 AM PDT
GW says:
If he REALLY loved us, Aimee, he could keep in contact.
I hear there's such thing as "AIR email" these days!

Hope he's back in time for the African Safari Joanie duh Pony is planning.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 7:47:41 PM PDT
Me, too! He can certainly stay in touch with his goddesses even while he's gone.

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 7:59:12 PM PDT
joaniepony says:
Where is LaLa, Bean Town or Spain?
Inquiring minds want to know, and mindless minds want to know too!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 8:07:50 PM PDT
Where is everybody?! I don't know if she already came and went, or if she's still here?

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 10:26:05 PM PDT
Has anyone heard from Acey, lately? Maybe I should send out an email to her.

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 9:04:28 AM PDT
tonyS says:
Saying air-hello from Belgium. Coming back tomorrow with lots of chocolate. Come on over and I'll hand feed it to you. I even brought back some more chocolate-on-a-stick thingys that are good stirred into hot milk to make FANTASTIC hot chocolate. I bet they're also really good for insertion into other warm places for an enjoyable snack.

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 5:31:12 AM PDT
LL™ says:
HELLO......

I got back yesterday...I´ve missed you all....<smooch>!!!!

I was using only my iphone in Boston, making typing a real bore...(Aimée I don´t know HOW you do it).

I thought something more traditional from Boston would work best so I brought back buckets of clam chowder, I hope you all like it. I am especially looking forward to spooning it by hand to our resident God when he arrives.

We had a blast in NYC, it has been some time since I was last there it was so much fun. We went to see The Book of Mormon, we all like musicals and really enjoyed the production....we don´t get much of that this side of the pond and it is often lost in translation as you may imagine. I was only there three days and fighting jet leg, but we had fun catching up, drinking Martinis and pretending to still be in college.

RAIN, RAIN and more RAIN in Boston...it must follow me around, it was even cold a few days but then it turned warmer...Boston was full up with graduation parties and visiting parents from all around the Globe so booking tables for dinner was a bit of a nightmare but it was nice to see the city looking so prosperous.

I spent a weekend in Portsmouth at a resort called Wentworth by the Sea, sort of old world-ish, we treated ourselves to a Spa day and had another by the pool, it was surprisingly warm and fun to catch up with some local friends.

The gang in Boston are doing ok...the dialysis seems to be going well, with that I mean as well as can be when being stuck on a machine three times a week, but my Uncle (who is like a Dad to me) is in high spirits and rearing to go on his off days, so we hit all the exhibitions in town. I went to see the Isabella Gardner Museum which is very eclectic, strange and beautiful in its own way....anyone named Isabella has free admission, the new wing was inaugurated in January, it was designed by the Italian architect Renzo Piano...he is currently designing the Centro de Arte Botin here in Santander. Also went to see Alex Katz exhibition at the Museum of Fine Arts...loved that...I mean I wanted to buy one...unfortunately I just didn´t have enough spare cash with me :-)

I ate lots of classic food, chowder, lobster, crab cakes, oooooh and PANCAKES at the local diner, and of course Italian....the dieting begins today, believe me!

Now, back to the grind...well not so much, as I am now retired :-) sort of!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 9:51:21 PM PDT
LOL! I am so glad that you had a great time! You get used to using your phone once you get kicked off the computer by a precocious six year old meatball. I have good, strong thumbs now.

I am also glad that you made it back and forth safely. It is nice to have a vacation, but it is also nice to get back to a routine and home.

I am glad that everyone is doing okay. It really sounds like you went to some really awesome places!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 9:53:13 PM PDT
Ooooooh! Belgian chocolate! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Ah, yes! The chocolate artwork... ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012 4:44:09 AM PDT
tonyS says:
Sounds like meatball needs a laptop of his own, and Mama meatball needs her own, too!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012 6:28:40 AM PDT
Mmm, crab cakes! That was a great trip!

Tony, give up the chocolate before it melts. I swain, if I could afford it, I'd give you my address and CC number and have you send some of that fine stuff from Belgium to me.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012 7:29:25 AM PDT
LOL! You are right! I can get him a cheap one and me a good one! I think that we can make the budget manage somehow. ;-)

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 8:41:27 PM PDT
GW says:
HELLO? .......hello?.............hello?
<only hears echo>

<Gina grabs her "FRIDAY" & "SATURDAY" panties & locks the Temple door. Notices crumbs of what LOOKS like fine Belgian Chocolates. Gina looks around....then licks the floor.>

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 2:22:52 AM PDT
ace™ says:
dubsy!! those are the self-same chocolates i fell in love with during my three days in brussels! I'D lick the floor, too!! i ate over a pound of them while there... and bought a pound to bring home! i am SO happy to know that i can buy them on our beloved amazoon!!! now... if they only sold the Liège-style belgian waffles like the street vendors there do... OMG. i'd get SO fat!

yes, i'm here in the temple again... with LOTS of posts to read...
and, with stories to tell! hummingbirds... wild bunnies in the yard... writing a book, i think... putting music on my mp3 thingy to listen to in the radio wasteland of MT when we head to MN in august... making a sweater to wear over me lovely dress for me dau's wedding in two weeks... having to see the ex again :'-(

more later, adonis (that's greek for "tony", right?? or have i mixed up my greek and roman dudes?) and goddesses!

hubby is gone... only 4 days this time... he leaves the day after dau's wedding for two weeks...

so, i'll chat more after i get caught up reading the 200-some posts that i'm behind on... sorry if i've worried anyone... been busy and frantic... and a little sick... you know... the usual acey stuff...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 2:50:08 AM PDT
LL™ says:
So what, no one liked the clam chowdaa???

Ace, I was ready to call out the guards, I have been worried, not even your yellow light on letting me know you were around!!!

Glad you are back and keeping your usual office hours ;-)

Typing on the phone, please ignore typos.

Besitos

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 8:13:49 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 22, 2012 8:16:53 AM PDT
GW says:
XOXOXXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXO ACEY/DOOSEY! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOOOX

I was thinking the udder day that it must almost be "camp in da middle of NOwhere & work your @$$ off" time again! I don't even wanna THINK about you working so hard.

Tony......GREEK?
I don't THINK so Miss Acey. Tony likka da GIRLS.
That Sandusky guy....now HE'S Greek.

A WEDDING! How exciting. As mudder of da bride did you have to organize the thing or is that PASS-SAY these days.

If I ever have to throw a wedding it better be at The Little Church of the West in Vegas where all the Wiggle women have been gettin' hitched for generations.

Otherwise, It's gonna be BBQ ribs & Mountain Dew at the park with Pin the Tail on the Donkey for entertainment & and the contents of a PINATA for dessert!

Do people still learn how to square dance in 4th grade? I have some records. All we need is one of those hand crank machines.
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Cooking forum (874 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Cooking forum
Participants:  40
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Dec 9, 2010
Latest post:  Oct 4, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions