Customer Discussions > Cooking forum

What are your favorite intriguing finds atTrader Joe's?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1176-1200 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jun 10, 2012 9:33:16 AM PDT
Frozen white corn, tastes like fresh from garden.
Orange chicken, freezer section, yummy!
Refried rice, freeer section. Add some fresh shrimp and soy for a wonderful change. Good the way it is too.
Their Yogurt is the best!
Bananas!! They always last longer.
They have great soaps and an isle of energy bars, both great and reasonable.
Ginger Cookies, in plastic container!! Made with crystalized ginger.....nothing like ginger snaps, these make your mouth HAPPY.
Introduced to TJ's in California and now have one in Tennessee! Love their sale magazines that are mailed to your home with new product and seasonal items.

Posted on Jun 10, 2012 11:11:21 AM PDT
vaaazes says:
Was actually looking for a toaster for artisan bread shapes and stumbled on this post. Newest discovery at Trader Joe's for me is Wasabi Mayonnaise...need I say more. Just had it on a BLT with the Apple Smoked Bacon. The mayo had the perfect touch of wasabi. Try it.

Posted on Jun 10, 2012 12:43:58 PM PDT
LKL says:
Tahina Sauce in the refrigerated section is great. I use in the place of mayonnaise for tomato sandwiches. It makes awesome homemade hummus. Also, great by itself as a dip. I pick up three or four containers each trip to TJ's.

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 9:47:23 PM PDT
Christi S. says:
Trader Joe's Banana Bread mix is really good, and I'm not usually one for mixes. I added a mashed ripe banana and dark chocolate chips and was pleasantly surprised. Their Sumatra/Colombian blend coffee is also quite good, and so much less expensive than that corporate brand. Also, frozen croissants- you let them proof overnight and bake in the morning. Warm, flaky, and fresh-tasting; so much better than any I have bought from the supermarket bakery.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 5:30:24 PM PDT
Madam B says:
I agree about the croissants, fresh out of the oven, so good and not huge. I have been drinking TJ's french roast for 30 something years. Will occasionally try one of the newer ones, liking the peaberry's right now.
Your reply to Madam B's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 3:02:07 PM PDT
Brown Rice Pasta at an affordable price.
Organic onions
Shitake mushrooms

These are some of the food items I use to make a waterless cookware Saladmaster electric skillet
Layer veggies (onion, garlic, zuchini, brown rice pasta, spaghetti sause (1/2 jar), layer again.
Top with spinach then mozzarella cheese.
Cover. Start at 250 degrees. When the vapo-lock clicks lower the temp Cook till pasta is aldente.

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 11:15:15 PM PDT
Patti H. says:
Wow - So many great suggestions. I'll add my TJ favorites:
Chicken fajitias - pre-marinated, ready for the grill
Orange-cranberry scones
Mochi - frozen dessert, chocolate
Chocolate covered caramels
Goat's milk brie cheese
gnocchi in the vacuum pack (not frozen)

Also, many people mentioned products that are sadly no longer available. I used to love their smallish sugar cookies (shaped like gingerbread men), I believe they were called "Sugar Tots". Perfect with coffee! Too bad they are gone.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 11:22:04 PM PDT
I adore those scones! I had forgotten about them.

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 8:06:57 PM PDT
new thing (to me, anyway) .........Monkey Business Trek Mix

chocolate covered cocoa nibs clusters, tart Montmorency cherries, dry roasted + salted peanuts, and banana chips

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 6:16:46 PM PDT
dora says:
Good to know. I love the organic ketchup... i will get the mayo next time

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 7:34:06 PM PDT
Trader Joe's Cookie Butter (Speculoos) - has to be the very best thing ever!! Found it by chance, just walking around and am now hooked. Could say it has crack in it if that didn't sound bad - it's just that good!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 7:39:01 PM PDT
People keep raving about this! How do you use it? Put it on toast or in baked goods or what? Thanks! Sorry to be so naive.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 7:47:51 PM PDT
Need help! Love TJs.....moved from Calif to Msryland (sad). In Calif they sell a tartar sauce made with dill and jalapeño .....it is fantastic!! I have begged the stores and the web site to. Ring it to the east.....no luck so far.

I just took the end of my jar to a crab dinner here in MD....people loved it! Were eating it on crackers and buttering corn!!

Please, please help me get it out here!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 10:21:33 PM PDT
blues clues says:
Carol in Virginia

we eat the cookie butter like peanut butter! on toast, sandwiches, with veg sticks !!
all gone before I can try to experiment on baking with them.

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 10:51:43 AM PDT
E. Crenco says:
Obsessed with the Organic Olive Oil Popcorn. So good! I try to eat very little processed/"junk" food, but this is definitely what i "cheat" with! (and the flax seed veggie tortilla chips). The tabbouleh and different varieties of hummus are great too.

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 6:32:15 AM PDT
Trader Joe's Caramel Sauce in a jar. Awesome on vanilla ice cream!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 6:58:47 AM PDT
Mostly just put it on a spoon and then my tongue!! I guess it would be great on vanilla wafers or, as someone else said, ice cream. It is a great replacement for peanut butter. Just try it on anything. I don't have any recipes using is, yet, but will be experimenting soon.

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 3:27:21 PM PDT
Catwoman2965 says:
Where should I start? I love TJs and just found out they're going to be putting one in within walking distance of where I live!! The other one isn't far, but this will be so much more convenient!

Anyway, getting back on topic:

Frozen organic brown rice
Valencia peanut butter with roasted flax seeds
mini brie cheese
caramel sauce (which I eat straight from the jar)
I forget the exact name, but its old fashioned root beer, made with cane sugar
powerberry trail mix
21 seasoning salute
smoked oysters in olive oil

I know there's more since when I go I spend anywhere from $60-100 each time!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 3:54:14 PM PDT
J. Wellman says:
I'm with you there. I love that stuff.

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 11:26:32 AM PDT
Cyberpainter says:
I actually am disappointed this time in the roasted salted pistachios with 50% less salt. I've loved these in the past, but this time they tasted stale. Says on the package best by 4/23/13. A different supplier maybe but they had a less pleasant flavor. I would have returned them, but ate them anyway!

I love the 50% less salt dry roasted salted almonds. You only need to eat a few and they're very satisfying! I love that they have so many choices of nuts.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2012 10:31:03 AM PDT
RE: Blue dog food. Did you try gradually switching him over to Blue? Sudden changes can cause digestive system distress. I don't have a TJ here in OK, but visit CA frequently and there is one close to where I stay. Get so spoiled by their great products. Hard to choose which to purchase to bring home, due to luggage limitations. Their almond butter with flax seeds is like no other product available. So delicious and good for you.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2012 10:32:06 AM PDT
RE: Blue dog food. Did you try gradually switching him over to Blue? Sudden changes can cause digestive system distress. I don't have a TJ here in OK, but visit CA frequently and there is one close to where I stay. Get so spoiled by their great products. Hard to choose which to purchase to bring home, due to luggage limitations. Their almond butter with flax seeds is like no other product available. So delicious and good for you.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2012 1:31:26 PM PDT
Pearl Bates says:
$2.49 where we are.
Red wines set on a magnet 'age' in about a half hour.
I have one that is inside what looks like a wine bottle coaster.
Before we obtained that, I used a magnet from the hardware store.
How does it work... don't know, but it was recommended by a bil who owns a UBrew shop in Canada ... and it does work.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2012 1:57:39 PM PDT
Pearl I looked around the web and couldn't find the "aging" coaster...

Can you post where to get one on the thread?

Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 12:25:22 AM PDT
Katy Did says:
orangeblossom liquid soap and fresh tangerine juice.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Cooking forum (867 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Cooking forum
Participants:  541
Total posts:  1318
Initial post:  Jan 9, 2010
Latest post:  Jan 29, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 78 customers

Search Customer Discussions