Customer Discussions > Cooking forum

best kitchen gadgets in constant use

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1501-1525 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2012 1:51:22 PM PDT
I bought two of those at TJ Maxx, and several smaller ones too, all for a song. I use them a lot. But like S. Kessler, I have Emile Henry ones I paid a lot for, and I do prefer them.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2012 6:15:06 PM PDT
joaniepony® says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2012 9:06:39 PM PDT
Hi Cheryl:
"I have to read up on what to do next."

I googled "growing ginger at home" and got a whole bunch of hits. eHow has all kinds of great info on this.

Your progress is EXCITING! And it give me hope for my own attempts at this, due to begin tomorrow!

Posted on Jul 10, 2012 12:31:33 AM PDT
JVC says:
I use a salad spinner quite frequently. I was skeptical about this at first, because I couldn't see how spinning water off of lettuce leaves was going to make a big difference. Yet somehow it does. A friend of mine had one and I was amazed at how good the salad was (I've never been overly fond of salad, but I have to admit the spinner does wonders). I have two now, one for a big salad and one for a single portion. Everybody who has had salad made using the spinner has raved about how good it is :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2012 12:02:31 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 15, 2012 1:41:34 PM PDT
joaniepony® says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2012 12:05:01 PM PDT
joaniepony® says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2012 1:37:19 PM PDT
Ginger sprouts!

YAY! I just planted mine yesterday!
This is fun. (Please tellyour 'hello' for me.)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2012 1:41:00 PM PDT
ginger

PS:
I jsut read on some google link that one can eat the "ginger grass" from the plants. I had googled "can one eat the leaves of ginger plants" and goat several links about this.

http://www.dinnergarden.org/specialPlants.html
"Be sure to clip pieces of the ginger grass to use for . . ."
http://www.dinnergarden.org/specialPlants.html

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2012 1:51:08 PM PDT
joaniepony® says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2012 1:58:19 PM PDT
Love the lottery idea. Me too!!!

googled "How to grow mangoes at home:"

http://www.gardeningchannel.com/how-to-grow-a-mango-plant-indoors/

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2012 9:10:44 PM PDT
S. Kessler says:
By drying the greens, you provide a better surface for the oil in the dressing to adhere to. If the greens are wet, the oil will just slide off and excess water in the greens will also dilute the flavor of the dressing.

Posted on Jul 16, 2012 3:43:32 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 16, 2012 3:57:26 AM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 10:55:30 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 16, 2012 10:56:00 AM PDT
joaniepony® says:
PF,

I'v heard of tossing the salad greens in a 100% cotton pillowcase.
I'v patted spinich greens dry ,using Flour Sack Towels

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 11:43:55 AM PDT
Cheryl® says:
joaniepony,
No problem! I think I'm pretty well set with the Cuisinart Blender and my juicers. I keep entering contests for Vitamix and Blendtec on Facebook. You never know!

Saw on one of the other forums, you bought a new food processor (Cuisinart 16-cup model from W/S) and gave it to your daughter. Lucky girl!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 11:53:13 AM PDT
Growing papaya from seed.

The trick is to put your question into the google search box. Google corrected your question to "grow a papaya tree from seed"
an came up with MANY hits. Check it out!

Supposedly easy and fun to grow - buit a tree, not a plant.

Have fun!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 4:24:35 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 16, 2012 4:26:56 PM PDT
joaniepony® says:

Posted on Jul 19, 2012 9:09:09 PM PDT
JVC says:
Haven't read through all the postings, so I apologize if this has been mentioned already, but one of the best kitchen gadgets I've ever used are automatic can openers. My favorite one has been Black and Decker Ergo but for a while I used another one (I think called OneTouch, I think) that used batteries. They really help the hands/wrists/shoulders a *lot*.

Posted on Jul 21, 2012 3:59:38 PM PDT
luvtocook says:
Sorry, haven't posted here previously. So this probably isn't the correct way. However, I'm looking for a good 2-slice toaster that will toast, do bagels, with accurate settings and no burning! Not looking for a very expensive one, just one to replace the one I bought at Costco that burns most things and takes forever to toast, and has a yukky taste to the toast. Thanks for your help.

Posted on Jul 21, 2012 8:50:54 PM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 21, 2012 10:53:29 PM PDT
S. Kessler says:
I have a Hamilton Beach toaster that does the job quite well and is a little more expensive than the cheap ones, but not as much as the high-end ones, and it works very well. Hamilton Beach 22110 Eclectrics All-Metal 2-Slice Toaster, Sterling

Posted on Jul 22, 2012 5:12:05 AM PDT
Sheri Moore says:
I have an Oster, 2 long slots toaster. Bought at Walmart and words great, very even toasting.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 22, 2012 6:19:25 PM PDT
Toaster:

Got a GREAT on at Target - T-Fal Avante - does bagels, bread, waffles, etc. front slanta for ease and this has a Pop-up lever to bring the toast further out of the toaster so one can pick it up without reaching into the toaster or can use those wooden toast tongs. paid about $12.00 for this some 5-7 years ago - still WONDERFUL Hoppe this is helpful

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 5:41:19 AM PDT
I would recommend hamilton beach too, but this is the one we have and I love it

Hamilton Beach Perfect Toast 2 Slice Toaster (Blue Buttons)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 9:56:31 AM PDT
drawlee says:
I also couldn't live w/o my two toaster ovens.I've used the regular oven once only because the turkey couldn't fit in the mini. Once hubby learned preparing steak in a toaster oven chares it. a whole lot of items were prepared in it. Two of m friends started theirs more

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 10:08:22 AM PDT
When my wall oven went out, while I was looking for a new one, we lived on a large toaster oven and a grill (I cooked a beef tenderloin outside that Christmas because in the South you can do that). Now the toaster oven is in the attic. I enjoyed the large one, but man did it take up some space.

I am impressed that you have room for two toaster ovens! But then again, I even resent the space my microwave takes up and am looking for an excuse to get rid of it lol.

I don't find I use a small toaster oven enough to justify owning one. We don't eat wheat much, so we never toast.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Cooking forum
Participants:  175
Total posts:  1725
Initial post:  Jun 1, 2010
Latest post:  Aug 13, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 33 customers

Search Customer Discussions