Customer Discussions > Cooking forum

non stick cookware

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 15, 2013 10:20:32 PM PST
Hani H. says:
What is the best non stick cookware? I am moving out on my own and have been doing lots of research on pots, frying pans etc, and i am finding out that there is a lot to learn.

So i ask is non stick cookware really safe? Should i consider the ceramic non stick surfaces that are on the market like green pan?

If green pan is a no go then what brand of the teflon stuff would you recommend, based on safety and reliability? Or should i for go owning any non stick cookware and just go for stainless steel?

Thank you in advance!!!

Posted on Feb 17, 2013 5:22:39 PM PST
goodcook1957 says:
QVC offers great nonstick cookware. I have only used the traditional nonstick fron them. Buy the ones that have the NSF seal stamped on bottom. Check that they are dishwasher safe, not all is, if that is important. I wash my mine by hands reguardless. The hard anodized and the stainless are wonderfull. Check to see if the handles on pot is oven safe esp. on fry pan. Lots of my dishes go from stove top to get finished in oven. Buy pots and lids that are rivited not screwed on for safety and endurance. My sis owns QVC color set, loves it. It is pretty but I have not used. Read reviews and weigh pros and con. Also QVC have lifetime warranty on most cookware. I hope this is helpful. I remember starting and non 40 yrs later I am happy if someone benefits fom my learning from errors.

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 11:16:45 AM PST
meto says:
Got a deal on Todd English green pan offered on hsn.... two for one deal fry pans with covers.. .... I must say this is the only pot I would ever need.... just rinse it or wipe it out with a paper towel. forget about dishwasher cause it is not necessary.. I have other non stick pot sets awa cephalon pans. I am so impressed with the green pan ,are all green pans alike, I'm not sure.. Just know this particular pan is flawless.. maybe one day I'll buy a complete set when there is a special offer..

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 12:42:35 PM PST
Nichepage L. says:
If one of your main concerns is health related. I would suggest the green pan. Check this page out for some great information on non stick surfaces. Good luck.

http://www.nichepage.com/n/kitchenware/best-non-stick-frying-pan

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 1:09:54 PM PST
I don't have any non-stick skillets. I use two well-seasoned cast iron skillets. I have several enameled cast iron pieces, Dutch ovens and sauce pans, and a set of All-Clad stainless; I used to have hard-anodized aluminum and some Teflon, but I never miss not having any now.

Anyone else get by with cast iron and enameled cast iron in lieu of other non-stick?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 10:25:09 PM PST
goodcook1957 says:
I have enameled cast iron. I like it for long cooking items. Only disappointment is some chipping along edge. I also have regular cast iron that is older than I am (55). I allow no one else to use or wash it. There are rules to follow for reg cast iron, follow them and it will last many generations. I like my nonstick for different things like scrambling eggs, omlets,pancakes,and things that require quick release.l have tried plain18/10 stainless and my cast iron and found the release is not always reliable

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 10:35:25 PM PST
goodcook1957 says:
I have wanted to try those green pans. Are yours stainless or hard anodized? I am told one conducts heat more evenly. Any one notice?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:55:22 PM PST
S. Kessler says:
The green pans that I have looked at don't get very good customer reviews.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Cooking forum (867 discussions)

Thank you for your support of Amazon Discussion Forums. Due to the changing needs of Amazon Forums, we have decided to stop supporting the ‘Active discussions in related forums’ feature in order to focus on providing the most value for our customers.  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Cooking forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Feb 15, 2013
Latest post:  Feb 20, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions