Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > Cooking forum

Rice cooker

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 9, 2013 6:57:15 AM PST
Hi everyone,

I am looking to purchase a rice cooker (under $100) that is easy to use, I could steam vegetables is and possibly use as a slow cooker too. I've seen aroma has some but I was wondering if I can get some suggestions as to rice cookers that are easy to use, allow me to just keep rice warm all day for when I want to eat it and isn't made of non-stick or aluminum so I have to worry about chemicals being in my food.

Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2013 4:32:19 PM PST
There's this one:

Aroma ARC-753SG 6-Cup (Cooked) Simply Stainless Rice Cooker

But if you aren't going to use a non-stick cooker, then you are not going to be able to let it sit on Warm all day - it will get all stuck on the bottom of the pan & will be a pain to clean.

Posted on Feb 9, 2013 4:56:16 PM PST
Grandma says:
This is the one I bought my daughter a few years back. She uses it almost daily. Panasonic SR-TEG10 5-Cup (Uncooked) Rice Cooker/Warmer/Steamer with Domed Lid

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 10, 2013 8:39:09 AM PST
I think you are going to have a hard time finding a rice cooker that isn't non-stick, unfortunately. I wish I could find one too.

I enjoy using a rice cooker, but because my rice cooker is non-stick, I have spend some time learning to make rice consistently well in a pressure cooker just because I am not fond of non-stick.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Cooking forum (874 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Cooking forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Feb 9, 2013
Latest post:  Feb 10, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions