Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Country Music forum

How much does Taylor Swift Suck

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 301-325 of 409 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 4:11:51 PM PDT
dallas says:
Paula Bosch13
Taylor Swift is now 21 yr old and yes she is amazing in many ways she is a good singer and person.

Posted on May 19, 2012 12:27:36 PM PDT
Hinch says:
Whether we agree or disagree on the topic, it's good to see several new posters on the country music forum. It would be nice to see this forum come back and be a fun place to discuss music.

In reply to an earlier post on May 20, 2012 3:27:00 PM PDT
It would be cool if REAL country, western, hillbilly, honky tonk, swing and other forms of traditional American music was given its rightful place within the culture. As for the current pop-goes-the-country 12-pak of watered down brew, it ain't country, western or even hillbilly rock. The world is in desperate need of some shuffle and twang.

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2012 12:52:17 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 21, 2012 12:53:13 AM PDT
Hinch says:
Jana

I agree! I dont really care for any new mainstream country artists of the past few years. There is still some music like you describe but you have to search for it.

Im a big fan of old country like Hank Sr, Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, Connie Smith, Patsy Cline, Faron Young, etc. I also love artists like Waylon and Willie, Kristofferson and Hank Jr. I guess the most recent artists I like very much are Alan Jackson, Tim McGraw and Jim Lauderdale. Yeah, they've been around a while, but like I said, I dont care for much newer mainstream.

Jim Lauderdale isnt really mainstream. He plays a variety from bluegrass to traditional coiuntry, and writes most of his music, but for some reason he's not really well known by many.

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2012 1:24:08 AM PDT
Kevan James says:
It is still out there, it just doesn't get the attention. I've bought some great new country music recently - albums from Kenyon Lockry, Jerry Kilgore, Will Banister, Jason Arnold, The Cactus Blossoms, Bob Manning, Davy Jay Sparrow - none of it will trouble the country charts or get a play on mainstream radio but all of it excellent and worthy of being heard by more people!

Posted on May 24, 2012 12:47:17 PM PDT
hooterville says:
sorry...but the girl can't sing.....and the songs she writes are complete tripe.....her acting is comically inept.

Posted on May 24, 2012 1:24:19 PM PDT
she is a super awesome singer, and is great in everything else she does so just cut the trash talk

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2012 2:17:24 AM PDT
Kevan James says:
Ha ha!! Come on, hooter, tell us what you really think!! Tell you one thing though, I'd rather hear Swift than that Underwood person!

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2012 10:17:48 PM PDT
Hinch says:
Kevan

I'll have to agree with you on that one. Carrie may have a better voice, but she's never sounded like "real" country to me. Over produced!

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012 7:20:43 AM PDT
dallas says:
kevan James

I have to agree with you on one thing here all Carrie Underwood does is yell when she is singing I really dislike her.

Posted on May 27, 2012 11:52:58 PM PDT
2cool says:
I'd love to find out how much she sucks!!!...........Heh, Heh, Heh

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2012 7:55:45 AM PDT
Hinch says:
:-)

Posted on May 28, 2012 8:38:35 AM PDT
In my opinon she is a celebrity slut, Seems to go after any single celebrity that is availble I don't think she is good looking, I do give her credit for writing her own songs, I actually do know a little bit about her but I won't share b/c that's her private life, but as far as public life it isn't role model worthy

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2012 9:46:28 AM PDT
dallas says:
Kevin J.Thompson
Taylor Swift isn't a slut and you really should get your eye's looked at by a DR. and soon.

Posted on May 30, 2012 1:49:37 AM PDT
Hinch says:
>that's her private life<

Exactly!! Then why even bring it up? It's fine if you dont like her music and even think she has no talent. I'm not a big TS fan, although she has had several songs I like.

I've never understood bringing the private life of an artist one doesnt like, into a discussion of their musical talent or lack thereof.

I havent seen anything in her public life that would make her a bad role model, but do we really need recording artists, sports figures and hollywood celebs to be "role models"? Maybe parents should be the role models.

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2012 9:23:22 AM PDT
J. Lyons says:
i dont see them making a show about you either. does that mean your a bad role model too? im sorry you have a taylor flavored stick up your rear end.

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2012 9:45:07 AM PDT
dallas says:
J.Lyons
Thank you for making my day couldn't agree more.

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2012 9:48:15 AM PDT
dallas says:
Hinch
You are right parents should be the role models for our kids.

Posted on May 31, 2012 8:11:24 AM PDT
Ron H says:
I'd like to meet her and find out.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2012 5:23:40 PM PDT
Now that's a quality critique!

Posted on Jun 7, 2012 2:51:12 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 7, 2012 2:54:08 AM PDT
Wow, batty, you are so batty. Your reasoning about Taylor Swift makes absolutely NO sense. Music is a choice and an individual one at that, not your choice, not your opinion, not your place to school the world on what you think "real country" is. Some hard core country purest would say there is no place for horns in a country song and yet the only person you think is worthy of country status uses horns in his, Patchwork River Album. Yes, his bluegrass sounds like pure bluegrass, but that's bluegrass...a kind of genre in the genre of country music. I grew up listening to country music and still love it, as well as, new country, pop, r&b, soul, rock, hip-hop, alternative, singer-songwriter...
You are wrong about country music not being popular or dwindling as a style of music. In fact, country music is more popular than ever and has been on a resurgence since the 80's because of artists like, Swift, Kenny Chesney, Toby Keith, Keith Urban, Rascal Flatts, Brad Paisley, Sugarland, Gretchen Wilson, Trace Adkins, Shania Twain, Miranda Lambert, Blake Shelton, Garth Brooks, Trisha Yearwood...the list is long. When people listen to Taylor or one of the others you bashed, they are exposed to a form of country music, which usually leads people to explore further into country music, where maybe they might find other country music they like, maybe even somebody you consider country. The fact is there is a lot of great country music out there, old and new, but it is all personal preference, for each person to decide what they like, not you. I happen to like Taylor Swift, is she a great technical singer? No. Is she an entertainer? Yes. She can sing better than me and probably better than you!! And for her age she can write pretty good songs. I checked Amazon and iTunes and didn't see any of your music listed. There are some great technical country singers and some great country entertainers, its always been that way and always will be and its that way in every genre of music. I love Merle Haggard, Johnny Paycheck, Willie Nelson Waylon Jennings, Hank Williams Jr and Sr, Buck Owens, Patsy Cline,Marty Robbins, Eddie Rabbit, Roger Miller, Randy Travis, Dolly Parton, Lynn Anderson, Janie fricke, Charlie Rich, Conway Twitty, Sonny James, John Anderson, Alan Jackson, Dwight Yokam, Jim Reeves, Donna Fargo, Crystal Gayle, George Jones, Jonny Lee, Mickey Gilley, George Strait...the list goes on. I like all kinds of music and have a very extensive collection of music, over 23,000 songs on my computer alone, which doesn't include all my albums, as of yet. I would never presume to tell someone who they can and cannot like and because I don't like a certain artist, they must not be country. Can you tell me what her weight has to do with her music? Are you overweight? Nobody bashes someone for being too skinny, unless they're fat!! Perhaps, you should go back and read all your posts as if they were someone else's, you might then be able to see how narrow minded and stupid you sound. I hope you don't have children and if you do, heaven help them if they like something you don't. I think Taylor Swift is a fine young woman, who has talent that will continue to grow and mature as she does. Stop being such a hater and try to see if you could write a, multi-platinum selling album that you put out there for us to judge. If its anything like your writing, don't quit your day job!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2012 6:55:24 AM PDT
dallas says:
This is not my life.
Wow you did a great job here and I have seen all the singer's you have name here and they all have done a great job at what they do had a blast at each concert.

Thank you.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 10:47:12 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 8, 2012 10:50:41 PM PDT
Hinch says:
>country music is more popular than ever<

I live in Nashville. The Country Music Festival is on this week. People come here from all over the world and the tickets for the shows have sold out everyday.

Certain people will argue, those fans dont know what "real" country music is, because they're being fooled by what's played on the radio, and they're not smart enough to know it's not "real" country music.

Let's see now, I think it was Roy Acuff who said if it doesnt have a fiddle, it's not "real" country. People said Marty Robbins wasnt "real" country when he brought horns onto the Grand Ole Opry. Waylon and Willie were not "real" country in the 70s and country radio in Nashville wouldnt play them. The first time I heard Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson on the radio was on the local FM rock station here in Nashville. Ditto Hank Jr. Some said The Urban cowboy movement in the late 70s wasnt "real" country.

Country music continues to evolve. Hank Williams didnt sound like Uncle Dave Macon. Ray Price didnt sound like Hank. Waylon didnt sound like Ray Price. Taylor Swift doesnt sound like Patsy Cline, but it's still country music, whether it's music I like or not.

I prefer music such as Hank Sr, Patsy Cline, Faron Young, Alan Jackson , Lila McCann, Waylon and Willie, Kristofferson, Jim Lauderdale and Johnny Cash and many of the artists you listed. I like very few of today's artists, but that doesnt mean it's not country music.

Although she's had several songs I like, I'm not really a fan of Taylor Swift, but she's young yet. I didn't like Tim McGraw's first several albums. I still don't, but he matured and developed and became someone I like a lot.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012 7:27:27 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 9, 2012 7:29:03 AM PDT
Gena Chereck says:
Very good points about Marty Robbins and those guys; I'd also like to add the early pop-crossover success of Eddy Arnold.

As for outlaw and Urban Cowboy, I thought it was rather funny how legendary DJ and interviewer Ralph Emery (in '50 Years Down a Country Road') noted that both of these "movements" were basically media-driven phenomena (a matter of outside sources pointing out trends rather than conscious movements within Music City itself). Speaking of which, in the Urban Cowboy/1980s chapter Ralph goes on a bit of a mild rant, the gist of it being that he is not a purist when it comes to crossover and diversity of sounds in Country, and he has little use for critics who try to be "the last word" on what constitutes "real" Country or not -- one's own opinions, tastes and preferences are what really matter.

I'm inclined to agree with that -- what attracted me to Country radio in the late '80s to the mid-'90s was the relative diversity of the artists that were played. After that, unfortunately, most of the stuff getting airplay started sounding all the same to me (though I have favorite artists such as George Strait and Alan Jackson who are still pretty popular, and I still follow old favorites such as Patty Loveless, Trisha Yearwood, Mary Chapin Carpenter and Terri Clark long after they've stopped getting radio play) -- I don't know if it's just my age (and the fact that I don't have quite the same energy or patience to sort all the new artists out as I did 15-20 years ago), or if playlists have become that much tighter and more homogenized...

Posted on Jun 10, 2012 3:11:04 PM PDT
Michelle says:
My Toilet Sounds Better Than Her Voice.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Country Music forum (129 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Country Music forum
Participants:  72
Total posts:  409
Initial post:  Jun 28, 2011
Latest post:  Aug 2, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions