Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Arts & Crafts forum

quilting

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 17, 2008 9:39:14 AM PST
Brenda Kay says:
Hi to anyone interested in quilting,
I've been reading the arts & crafts emails and might join that group if I don't find some "long distance friends" from this thread. Join up and we can share ideas or maybe even from our fabric stashes. B from South Ala

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2008 10:40:59 AM PST
MerryBee says:
Hi Brenda,
I am interested in joining yor group if you get enough people interested. I f you don't get a good response, you could check out the group I'm already in. Go to About.com's Quilting Forum. I am open for swaps of fabric or quilt blocks. I'm in MN in the suburbs of Minneapolis.
Merry

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2008 10:43:47 AM PST
Cousin It says:
Hi Brenda!
You should join the arts and crafts group anyway....its kinda fun and they are a nice bunch...and we always like to have new participants. Sorry I don't quilt, the machines scare me!

You might alos like to know that there is actually a quilting forum........copy and paste this link and it will take you straight there!
http://www.amazon.com/tag/quilting/ref=tag_cdt_jt_ijmp/

But don't forget all about the Arts and Crafts group!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2008 2:02:08 PM PST
Jill says:
Hi Brenda,
I love quilting and have been doing so for about 5 years. Just can't get enough of it. I live in Puyallup
(pew-all-up) Washington. We're snowed and iced into the gills now. I couldn't get out of my driveway today and a lot of back roads are flat out closed due to the ice. I enjoy Applique, machine and hand piecing and quilting, and just about anything to do with fabrics. I probably have enough to start my own store. I sew weekly with a small group of women in my middle aged group who get together every week and have a ball sewing and just talking. How long have you been quilting? Mine started when I picked up a quilting magazine at the local grocery store check out. I've been at it ever since. I'd love to have the long distance friends to share our quilting journey and what we all have to share with each other. I'm no pro, just looking for fun and friendship. Take care in the south, I know you've been hit this year with some pretty bad whether.

Hugs,
Jill ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2008 5:30:02 PM PST
Brenda Kay says:
Hi again,
I know you didn't understand my greeting (again) but this is the second post that I have attempted to write. Computers don't like me for some reason. Just teasing. I'm a klutz with machines.
I'm just back from two weeks in Memphis, TN and loving the above normal highs here in Alabama. That's nothing compared to your weather, I know, but I grew up in Fla. and like spring, fall and early summer for the mild weather. Did I also say I'm a wimp? Ha
About quilting, I've almost given up on this site so I check out the arts and crafts group here and go to the quilters chat group at www.phpbbserver.com/quiltangels. They're a small group of quilters from all over the U.S. There are only 2 southerners there, but several from the NORTH! As I've noticed with other groups that I visited briefly, a few people are on everyday and others come and go. Try it, though, I think it's my favorite. Nice talking with you. Bye for now. B

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2008 5:32:34 PM PST
Brenda Kay says:
Hi Merry,
I just heard from Jill and told her about a website that I have been visiting. No one comes by here much so I don't even check it much any more. Try this one if you would like.....www.phpbbserver.com/quiltangels.

It's a small, friendly group from all over the U.S. and one lady is from England...all quilters. Talk with you later. B

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2008 12:01:11 PM PST
Jill says:
Hi Brenda, I just joined the site yesterday. It's so nice to "Talk" with long distance friends who also enjoy quilting. I intend to get more on the site as my schedule allows. I'm snowed in now in western Washington, but still have heat and electricity. Thank heavens. Hope to be able to talk with you soon.

JillB

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2008 9:24:23 AM PST
Brenda Kay says:
Hi again,
I'm glad that you joined the quilting group. I was concerned that you might not be able to access it. I've had trouble getting there the past few days but I read somewhere that others were having the same trouble. Don't know why. I'll talk with you there if I can find it again. Bye for now. B

Posted on Dec 8, 2011 4:26:58 PM PST
goldendog says:
I go to an online group, called Quilting Haven. They have swaps and
talking to each other, and anything you would want to do.
http://www.quiltinghaven.com/index.php

Judy www.goldendogquilting.com
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Arts & Crafts forum (228 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Arts & Crafts forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Nov 17, 2008
Latest post:  Dec 8, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions