Customer Discussions > credit cards forum

Amazon Visa declined

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 28, 2013 4:23:32 PM PDT
jBj says:
I was pretty put off by having a purchase declined at Office Depot after attempting use my Amazon\Chase VISA.
Can't remember when if ever being declined using any credit card except this one.

Just to check I used the card at ACE right after Office Depot and had no problems.
Is this Chase's fraud protection working against me?

Posted on Aug 28, 2013 7:00:56 PM PDT
jBj says:
Well I called customer service and was assured everything would be fine after speaking with a representative.
Not so!
I tried making a high dollar purchase again at Office Depot and was again denied.
This will teach me to believe customer service for Chase\Amazon Visa.

The Amazon Rewards card is going in the shredder right after I cancel this Chase\Amazon card account.

Very frustrated, insulted and angry.
I'm done now.

Posted on Aug 29, 2013 8:40:03 AM PDT
M. Smith says:
There is most likely a daily spending limit to avoid fraud. Did you let them know you were attempting to make a high dollar purchase? If not, they may have only needed to raise the daily limit for you.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 29, 2013 9:05:09 AM PDT
jBj says:
I did let them know what my intentions were and I do appreciate being protected against fraud.
Seems as though my attempt to use the card did not fit the previous spending profile thus the denial.

I did use this card to make the large purchase on-line the purchase was approved.
Finding it strange that I can use the card on-line, yet not in person for local purchases.

Still not happy with the Amazon\Chase rewards card.
It may be best to stay away from Chase cards altogether.

Posted on Aug 31, 2013 10:04:26 AM PDT
John says:
I was upset when my amazon.com rewards card was declined for some unknown reason and then they took away my discount and charged me the full price. Sounds like a scam to me.

Posted on Sep 6, 2013 4:36:06 AM PDT
do not have a amazon/chase visa I have a amazon credit card

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2013 6:18:15 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 3, 2013 6:18:37 AM PDT]

Posted on Oct 3, 2013 6:21:36 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 3, 2013 6:25:52 AM PDT
Darman says:
Darman says:
Chase is without a doubt the worst credit card company I have ever dealt with.. Customer service is completely terrible, never get a straight answer about anything

I had cards with a company they took over in the 08-09 mess they immediately raised interest rates and lowered credit limit. Chose to closed accounts and lock interest in which was in very fine print..

Then Chase sent me pre-approved cards 3 months later under Chase name. but then raised the interest rates again on the cards I had when the new banking laws kicked in 09 to 26.77% think that was there number So 2 Cards in EXCELLENT STANDING and a credit score in the upper 700's went from 3.2% to 26.77% with no explanation, payed off the $150.00 I owed and cancelled them accounts were closed cards cut up sent back with letter by certified mail. months after cancelling they charged me 2 annual fees for accounts that were closed that never had annual fees. NEVER have I dealt with a bigger RIP-OFF organization. They reopened my closed accounts to charge me with the annual fees. Took months to clear this up had to send them copies of there own mailings to me confirming accounts closed.. They still send me PRE-APPROVED cards for 7.8%, NOPE NEVER GONNA HAPPEN....... Dealt with them for 2 years, that's enough Chase gets money for almost ZERO and charges almost 30% and yet we think the MOB was criminal?

Oh forgot when dealing with Credit Card companies (guess this should apply to any company) start a file and every piece of paper you get from them other then advertisements put in that file some day you may need it to save yourself a lot of money and bad credit reporting.

Posted on Oct 4, 2013 5:46:53 AM PDT
How do I cancel this card before I even get it. I do not want the thing!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2013 7:20:56 AM PDT
James R. says:
good advise I closed all my chase cards it seems they want to be your mother. I told them the job was taken.

Posted on Dec 28, 2013 9:46:52 AM PST
Amazon declined my Amazon card and Visa card! WHY!?!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2014 10:43:56 AM PDT
DCH says:
My card was denied on Amazon as well, but for future reference (I know this thread is months old) Amazon does indicate that by changing your payment method you will lose the discount. However, at that point you DO have the option to cancel the order, which is what I did. I'm just pissed off that there is NO explanation given for rejecting the card, neither on the order summary page nor via email. Other things about Chase irritate me as well, so I'm seriously considering closing this credit card account.

Posted on May 1, 2014 12:45:33 PM PDT
cancel amazon/chase credit cards and get wells fargo instead//////

Posted on Jul 29, 2014 7:44:47 AM PDT
Apparently I entered an expired card ..I have the new on. What do I do?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the credit cards forum (140 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  credit cards forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Aug 28, 2013
Latest post:  Jul 29, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions