Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > credit cards forum

Amazon Chase Visa credit card

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 563 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 13, 2009 3:23:38 PM PDT
Fydly says:
Chase charges a $39 late fee for late payments on the Amazon Chase credit card. I always pay on due date but this time there was a dispute between the date my bank processed it versus Chase claims to receive the payment. As a result Chase appled a 39 late in addtion to finance charges for a $102 balance. Did any body else experiene this? My call to Chase to resolve it bore no satisfactory result and I ended up closing my card account.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2010 9:20:36 AM PST
I am in the process of closing all of my Chase credit cards, including my Amazon Chase Visa account. Not only do they charge ridiculous fees, but they lowered my credit limit on other cards for no reason other than "view your credit report." I had always made payments on time and never went over my limit. My daughter experienced the same thing you did, except with over limit fees, which occurred only because they lowered her limit and then added interest, putting her $4 over her credit limit. They refused to budge on excusing the over limit fee, then charged another one because the credit protection plan she declined was charged to her account anyway. I like Amazon.com, but they may wish to consider using a different bank for their Visa card.

Posted on Jan 19, 2010 2:58:25 PM PST
R. B. Clark says:
I had a late fee added to my account. I have had 2 before which I thought were suspect as my payment system has never failed me in the past. On this last late fee, I had carefully noted the check date and walked the payment to the post office on the same day - yeah you got it - another late fee, seems that 9 days is not enough time for a payment to be sent and credited. ALL the banks are pulling these stunts for all the screw ups they made causing this finiacial fiasco, but I, like many others are not playing this game anymore. Pay off the cards, then don't use them, get a debit card from your bank and use that instead. We have got to stop this "loan shark" behavior.

Posted on Jan 19, 2010 8:37:36 PM PST
By love54 says:
I closed my account too, as they charged me 39.00 late fee plus rediculous finance charges for 192.00 balance. These Chase credit card is a big scam and people are paying high interest rate for few points.

Posted on Jan 24, 2010 3:40:50 PM PST
Scott M says:
Yes, I too am closing my account. They are ripping people people off with high fees and penalties.

Posted on Jan 27, 2010 3:00:56 PM PST
Andy Hou says:
I just closed my account 10 min. ago, because Chase's Customer Service was so...so...rude, and JUST can't not answer my question, as WHY I was charged $1.00 finance charge when amount is paid in full, and CLAIM that is my bank's problem.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2010 10:38:26 AM PST
Marina says:
I just sent a letter cancelling my account with Chase. After 6 years as an excellent-payment-on-time customer, I was charged $39.00 for a purchase that made my account over my limit - a limit of $200 that I had requested after they had approved me for $3,000. Also, I had my identity stolen a few years back (guess it was done internally) and had to spend 8 months to fix my credit. They never did anything to compensate me or even help me with this horrific situation. YES, THEY SUCK WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE - glad the law goes into effect next month to stop these thieves from this sneaky trap. I also sent a copy of my letter to amazon.com customer service so they can understand how they lost such a good customer. I wish I had read this forum last month!

Posted on Jan 29, 2010 9:23:26 AM PST
I am closing my account for the following reasons:

I did not receive a statement from Chase in December so I didn't pay my
bill. I received a 29.00 late fee on my current (January) statement. The
statement I received from Chase was so vague that I couldn't tell what a
purchase made in November was.

It was necessary for me to speak with 3 separate customer service agents.
First, Chase to get a description of the November purchase. Chase couldn't
tell me and referred me to Amazon. Second, Amazon who was able to identify
the purchase but had no authority to waive the late fee, Third, I had to
talk to Chase again to ask that the late fee be waived and they refused.

This was a very frustrating experience. I have cut up my card and returned
it to Chase.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 29, 2010 10:03:55 AM PST
They sure are trying to keep their bonus' coming in!! They raised my interest rate... prime + (PLUS) 26.99% because of the same thing!! Ordering from Amazon has been nothing but a headache! It's so not worth this trouble!! CLOSING ACCOUNT AS WELL!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 29, 2010 11:01:14 AM PST
R. B. Clark says:
Pamela, I sympathize with you I had similar problems with Chase, but it's not just Chase, all the major bank credit card issuers are playing the same game. We as taxpayers just bailed them out and now all they want to do is bite the hand that helped them. Good customers deserve better than this. My advice is to wind down your credit cards by paying them off and stop using them if that is possible. Then open and account with a small locally run bank, get yourself a debit card and also a Visa/MC if wanted. You'll find with a small bank you have the name and number of persons there to contact covering different issues. They are very customer oriented and will always do whatever it takes to keep you happy. Should this small bank be sold to a big bank, then close the accounts and move to another small bank.
The only language these big banks understand is BOYCOTT on a massive scale, but how many do you think will do that?

Posted on Jan 29, 2010 11:51:45 AM PST
I just got my amazon credit card and have already used it, Reading what people are saying ,I sure hope I didn't make a mistake by asking for it. I bank at Chase in my personnal checking & savings account and to date I have had no problem with them at all and been about 8 years now ,like I said I will soon find out if have the same problem you have had. Thank you for posting your issues here so other's like myself can read and decide . Joyce from Az. 1-29-10

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 29, 2010 6:07:44 PM PST
Fydly says:
Just be aware that it seemed likes the postings of their receipts were too slow as if almost deliberate for getting one in to the deafult

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 29, 2010 6:09:57 PM PST
Fydly says:
I agree. That is what I had and never had a problem in 11 years. Amazon card was just to have a second card and it seemed attractive. But my experience was less than pleasant.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 29, 2010 7:04:39 PM PST
R. B. Clark says:
I have no problem with Amazon itself, and when I got the Chase card some time ago I had no problems with that, but now Chase (and other big banks) have targeted their good customers with devious charges to help pay for huge losses made by their stupid mistakes. We bailed them out, now they want us to pay for bonuses to the idiots (criminals) that made the mistakes. While they sign up new victims and screw existing good customers, nothing will change. Only boycotting will achieve anything.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2010 2:22:54 PM PST
I also had a suspect late fee, one day before the payment I mailed 4 days earlier arrived. I just received my latest bill, with a $2.46 Finance Charge although I didn't have a debit balance, I suppose relating to the prior charge. I've been uncoupling the Chase Amazon from the auto bills I've had in place, and won't use the card again. I've been an "Amazon first" internet shopper for years, but I've just become an "Amazon Last" shopper, if I can't find stuff elsewhere. Frustrating, ain't it?

Posted on Feb 4, 2010 7:44:36 PM PST
R. B. Clark says:
Update: After the last fiasco with the Chase card where I had mailed full payment 9 days before due date and it posted 1 day late and I was charged a $35 late fee. I protested aggresively and the late fee was removed. Now for the "icing on the cake" : I just got my new Chase bill, and yes they did remove the late fee BUT they showed my full payment for this last bill arriving ? - yeah you guessed it, I day late ( it was mailed 7 days before due date) so a $35 late fee had been added again. I called again to engage in another battle, but I was told that their rules are that they can only refund suspect late fees to a limit of 1 every 6 months!!!! So people, Chase is like God, it giveth and taketh away.
FYI Both of my Chase Amazon cards (one for business) has a credit line of $22,000 each and they were paid off each month leaving a zero balance for years. It really does not pay to be a good customer does it? Chase is now history and if Amazon is not aware of these problems with Chase, they should be: because this bank could affect their business, Let Amazon know folks.

Posted on Feb 10, 2010 12:30:45 AM PST
D. Stoddard says:
Bye bye Chase. They mysteriously stopped sending e-bills which were automatically paid by my bank- causing late payments. Amazon - get rid of Chase. Sharks!!

Posted on Feb 10, 2010 7:08:39 AM PST
Ed MacKenzie says:
Me too. They neglected to notify my bank that they stopped sending e-bills. Meanwhile, I got a late charge that they refused to wave and froze my account. What hurts is that I'm $3 shy of my $50 reward. Once I get there this card is history. Also, I, nor anyone else in my family, will use Chase for anything ever again. I, like many others on this list, have an A+ credit score. I know times are tough for banks but the $40 Chase just cost me is going to cost them more in the long run. Also, AMAZON if you're listening, this has left some tarnish on your luster.

Does everyone realize what is happening here? I'm seeing it more and more these days. Banks want you to come to their site for everything. They don't want to add value to other banks' sites by providing their customers e-bills. Discover does it. And now so is Chase.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 10, 2010 8:18:16 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 10, 2010 8:21:33 AM PST
Jack says:
I've had it with the Chase/Amazon card! How many 'rings must be
jumped through' to cancel a personal account? This is why I'm asking
you-you've done it! Must it be in writing that I want to cancel the
account or can I call one of Chase's crack customer service people?
My card from Chase/Amazon is STILL attached to the paper that it
arrived with! Haven't signed the card. Didn't make the phone call.
I was able to charge and have paid the balance off in one payment.
Good time to cancel and be rid of the card! How easy/difficult was
it to get out of your account? Thanks for any info! Anyone that has
canceled their acct...help!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 10, 2010 9:37:24 AM PST
Don't cancel. Overpay by $1 and let them send monthly statements forever!

Posted on Feb 10, 2010 9:47:01 AM PST
Well, I was just getting ready to get a Chase Amazon card when I read this discussion. I will not get a card from them.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 10, 2010 3:30:12 PM PST
I just got my card not long ago,have used it, I found out I can pay the bill at the bank right close to me ,I have a chase checking & savings account , never had a problem with them,I really don't think I'll have trouble with the credit card either, matter of fact I called them today to see when my first bill will be,they were nice & said I should receive it by Feb> 19 and won't be due to March 15. If I have a problem I will post it here but I was wondering myself after reading all these statements ,did I make a mistake also,then I thought about it and said I will see for myself,I really think I made a good decision,I just feel it. anyhow I will surely let you know one way or the other,these feedbacks are nice to see how others feel . Joyce Lehman

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 10, 2010 6:34:58 PM PST
Fydly says:
I was able to close the acct on the phone

Posted on Feb 12, 2010 8:10:18 AM PST
Get the card to recieve your $30 off then closed the account

Posted on Feb 12, 2010 8:35:52 AM PST
Jack says:
Closed my account yesterday over the phone. Chase still wants the $1.00 that I
owe in 'service' fees! Whatta bank!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 23 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the credit cards forum (275 discussions)

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Never Received card 50 20 hours ago
deleting a credit card 100 2 days ago
Getting my refund? 140 12 days ago
Can non-Americans apply for an Amazon.com credit card 30 13 days ago
Do I get a Refund 200 14 days ago
Said I received the item, although I didn't? 0 19 days ago
Seller on Amazon has removed all items from their shop and my item has not had a shipping update in 10 days. 0 20 days ago
100% Refunds for Defective Product - Does Not Happen 22 20 days ago
Where is my refund? Yesterday a but a sports bra, but the shipping was to expensive so i decided to cancelled the article a forgot that befored my cancelation i deleted my credit card information on my account so the money was not refound, what should do 0 22 days ago
Payment posted, lost card, order cancelled 0 27 days ago
Can you delete your credit card information before an item ships? 0 29 days ago
Amazon VISA - Card Color 12 Jun 28, 2016

This discussion

Discussion in:  credit cards forum
Participants:  341
Total posts:  563
Initial post:  Aug 13, 2009
Latest post:  Apr 29, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 152 customers

Search Customer Discussions