Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > Death forum

Near Death Experience

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 5, 2007 9:56:08 AM PDT
David says:
I recommend my own book: "Journey Through The World of Spirit: God, Gaia and Guardian Angels." Journey describes my experience in more detail that the other experiencer books out there. It is extremely profound. Journey doesn't tell my life story, it sticks to the event, unlike the top selling book in the genre.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2007 10:14:58 PM PDT
David, I MAY take a look at your self-recommended book, but am far more likely to have a jaundiced opinion of it because of your overt criticism of already-published literature on the subject. When you refer to the "top selling book in the genre", would this be Saved by the Light, by Dannion Brinkley?
I would say that it shows a lack of humility to put down someone else's (profoundly personally moving, and influential) book because it tells a life story. Moreover, it tells a life story in a fascinating, deeply self-critical way, AS A RESULT of the NDE, and DUE to the happenings at the time of death.
Perhaps you're saying that you are good, and therefore didn't have the profoundly enlightening life review that the amazing Dannion Brinkley did?

You know, there is a reason why that particular book is the best-seller in its genre - because it IS profoundly authentic, transformational, and hope-giving. It is also well-written, and all the better for putting the NDE within its life context.

This book has helped me more than any other, and given me strength during my darkest times.

Would yours compare? Does it disregard humanity and the personal - after all, that is in the state in which our souls find themselves on this Earth!!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2007 5:17:50 AM PDT
David says:
Dr,

No, Dannion Brinkley's book isn't the top seller in the genre. I've read Dannion's book and liked it myself, it helped me to decide to share my own experience and appreciate it for what it was. I'm glad you got something you needed from Saved By The Light, I know surely did.

My point isn't to slam the other books, it is simply to point out the difference between my book and the others so folks can make an informed decision as to whether to consider it or not. If the readers are looking for a good life story, they'll know where and where not to go for one. If they are looking for a story whose sole goal is to describe the afterlife the writer saw and experienced, Journey would most likley be a good choice for them.

As for comparisons, perhaps it would be a good idea to check my story out and see if it passes muster. What happened to me is all about humanity, the personal and how these relate to the state we are in. If you liked Dannion's book, you might like mine.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2007 7:12:44 AM PDT
David: Sorry if my earlier comment came across as sharp. I'm guilty of trying to defend the good! (And, more clearly now, it seems the good wasn't under attack).

Yes, I will read your story, it sounds like a particularly well-written narrative that does much to inspire, and I'm interested in your account and the outcome after many long years of assimilating that experience. All writing in this genre I find fascinating, reassuring and essential to a very REAL ontological security, having had personal experience of loss of that many decades ago - or was it from the beginning? - which has now been regained on a deep spiritual level. This does not, however, make for a happier or, more accurately, less devastating physical, embodied life, but aids in spiritual assimilation of tough-beyond-endurance type experiences.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2008 6:19:50 AM PST
The question I have is how are near death experiences related to deja vu experience? I have had several near death experiences in the past year. This is difficult for me as I am a funeral director and author by profession and deal with death quite often. Are Near Death Experiences spiritual or just in the mind?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2008 9:30:31 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2008 9:31:46 AM PST
They are definitely spiritual experiences.
I would recommend anything by P.M.H. Atwater, or Kenneth Ring.
Try www.nderf.org, then click on "Current NDEs" and you will see first-hand
accounts.

Also, see my summary of 787 cases at:
www.UncleVinnys.com/nde.html

Most who have these experiences come back with a profound
sense of the reality of a loving God.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2008 1:58:56 PM PST
That was my experience, a new level of Loving God and a Laser focused purpose.

I will check it out.
Thanks.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Death forum (11 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Death forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Sep 5, 2007
Latest post:  Feb 21, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions