Customer Discussions > Decorating forum

St. Nicholas Square

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 91 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 23, 2010 7:41:24 AM PDT
Cromer says:
I am not sure if I am posting this in the right place but I was wondering if someone could help me. I am looking for the St. Nicholas Square Village Collection Police Station. I noticed it is hard to find since it is retired. Does anyone know where I can find one for sale other than eBay? Thank you.

Posted on Oct 13, 2011 7:38:37 PM PDT
J. Ceculski says:
I actually have one that I am selling if u are interested. Let me know! =)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2011 4:36:13 PM PDT
M. McElroy says:
If they are no longer interested and you still have it. i may be interested. =)

Posted on Oct 28, 2011 8:28:46 AM PDT
J. Ceculski says:
I no longer have the Police Station, but have other ones if your interested.

Posted on Nov 2, 2011 1:04:21 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 2, 2011 1:08:13 PM PDT
Sethusoid says:
I am looking for the 2008 St. Nicholas Square schoolhouse. Not the Berrywood one. The one I am looking for says "St. Nicholas Square School" on the front and has a flagpole also. If anyone knows where I can find one for sale, please let me know!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2011 9:37:19 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 7, 2011 9:37:52 AM PST]

Posted on Nov 26, 2011 1:28:07 PM PST
My wife has a decent sized collection of this village set. Last year however one of our cats chewed up one of the cords beyond repair. Does anyone know of anywhere that I could get a replacement of just the power cord? Any advise or direction would be helpful.

Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2011 3:37:56 PM PST
J. Ceculski says:
You could find a power cord at any craft store like Pat Catan's, JoAnn Fabrics or Michael's. I hope this helps!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2011 8:20:28 AM PST
awe@ipa.net says:
It's missing the flagpole but the school you're looking for is available here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260908928133

Posted on Dec 7, 2011 8:15:36 PM PST
Pops says:
I'm looking forf a C7 Lamp 6volt, any ideas where I can find one. This is for the St. Nicholas Square Theatre. Thanks

Posted on Nov 25, 2012 9:07:19 PM PST
I have 2 retired pieces that are new in box. I have the Cathedral Of Peace and The Service Station. The church retired in 2004, and the service station retired in 2001. They have never been displayed. Let me know if you are interested. I want to get rid of them, and I already have 2 different listed on Craigslist. I have 2 Department 56 pieces that are also retired already listed.

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 6:05:48 AM PST
I am looking for a replacement cord for St. Nicholas Square village house, not the
standard one bulb cord, but the black cord that comes with both the single (night)
light bulb AND a plug in that operates the flashing lights on the house. Does anyone
know where to get it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012 10:28:29 PM PST
I'm looking for one too, can't find it anywhere. If I find it i'll let you know.

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 6:14:08 AM PST
I have a problem with the exact same cord for the exact same cord (St. Nicholas Square village house). I am about to just buy another piece and put a normal light in it. the added blinking lights were a distraction anyway.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 10:41:45 AM PST
My cord I need is for Ryan's bike shop, the extra light is for the sign that says bikes. It doesn't blink, I'm just going to get a regular light that I can get at michaels for now.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 3:12:08 PM PST
We are looking for one too! (the cord with the bulb and the power for the blinking lights) We received one with a retired item that didnt work out of the box and the store is out of them

Posted on Dec 10, 2012 6:40:09 PM PST
Pnc Bank says:
That's my problem to, but I need three of them, bought them at kohls, I should just take them back, but I have them set up already

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 1:59:59 PM PST
i am also looking for the same kind of cord,i am going to look in a couple of craft stores around here and see what they have ill post again if i can find anything

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 5:28:18 AM PST
I am having a problem with my power cords, on 3 of them the outer lights to the building come on but the inner night light does not come on. I replaced bulbs and tried messing with the cords but they dont work.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 8:46:37 AM PST
Sorry to hear that. You would think because of how much these houses cost the plugs would last! I can't believe there is no way to replace them, I can't even find a number for the company who makes them. It is very frustrating. If I ever find a replaceable plug I'll post where I got it.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 9:52:14 AM PST
I am also having this problem -- the two new village pieces I bought this year both have had the lightbulb part go out (and will no longer work even with a replacement bulb) within the past month. Today I noticed my movie theater that I bought 2 years ago also only has the AC part working, not the bulb. Replacing the bulb does nothing. I also would take them back, but I don't want a replacement if the new cord stops working again and my village is all set up. I am going to keep looking for an AC adapter/light replacement, but I wish there was an official place we could complain on the Kohl's website, there is apparently something wrong in the manufacturing process.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:32:31 PM PST
I agree, I have went back to Kohls to replace the new Library this year twice, and both times, the inside lights go out, but the bushes still blink. Replaced the bulb, wiggled it, nothing. Obviously they need to be aware that this seems to be a recurring problem. Can't get a replacement this year again because they are sold out... :(

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 9:25:28 AM PST
Rockenfield says:
I am looking for a St. nicholas square police station. Can anyone help?

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 8:08:29 AM PST
C. Jansky says:
So, it sounds like the AC adapter cord is a real problem. We received the Doughnut Shop for Christmas. It has both a night light bulb and a plug in for the outside blinking lights. The blinking lights will work for about 5 minutes. Then, they go off. Has anyone had this problem? Does it sound like a plug issue too? it sounds like they are impossible to find.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 8:22:35 AM PST
Michael says:
No I think the cord is fine. I took the assembly apart completely and saw that the main light works by basically cutting two small holes in the cord and placing the tiny metal contacts for the light bulb carefully positioned over the cuts.

It is a cheap poor design that will fail if you tug on the cord and the contacts become mis-aligned.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Decorating forum (17 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Decorating forum
Participants:  41
Total posts:  91
Initial post:  Oct 23, 2010
Latest post:  May 1, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 20 customers

Search Customer Discussions