Customer Discussions > Digital Camera forum

Fuji Finepix s9100- new lens option???

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 18, 2012 5:16:19 PM PDT
Jamie Buetow says:
I've had my Fuji Finepix s9100 for several years, and have been extremely pleased....but it does not have interchangeable lens capability..... Having a hard time finding an option for a lens to attach for more telephoto options....Any advice would be appreciated!!

thanks

Posted on May 18, 2012 9:42:26 PM PDT
Les Schmader says:
The old teleconverters for P&S are pretty much gone today. There might be a few Olympus T-con 1.7's still available somewhere and Panasonic still lists the LT55, which is the same as the T-con. Both have 55mm mounts. I use the T-Con 17.

The last T-Cons were selling for @$75-$100 new. (The 17F and 17C are the smaller mount)

Other than those, the only thing I know of in a good quality is the Raynox.

Posted on May 19, 2012 2:43:39 PM PDT
JCUKNZ says:
You will find the Raynox 2020 and 2025 listed on Amazon as of now. The 2025 has an 82mm thread up front and fits a lenshood while the 2020 is plain ...I found a plastic drain pipe connector which fitted. The addition of a lenshood is important for IQ.
The cost is around $280 and really since it will only give you 300x2.2=660mm Angle of view you might be better to get yourself a Panasonic FZ or either Canon or Nikon Super-Zoom for a few hundred more. Check www.dpreview.com for details of these cameras. You are starting from a moderate zoom with your S9100 with a 300mm AoV and adding the Adaptor doesn't give you any more than a camera designed to zoom to the greater reach. My FZ50 with the Raynox gives me 950mm reach with an effective aperture marginally faster [ f/4.5]than your Fuji [f/4.9]without the adaptor which will loose you about a third of a stop of light [That depends on how well camera lens and adaptor suit each other]
I also have a TCON x1.7 and find little difference in IQ between them. On the FZ50 the Raynox vignettes immediately you start to zoom back, the TCON permits a zoom back to x7 from x12 ... it is very frustrating to be 'too close' to the subject :-)
The other angle is that your Fuji is a 2006 model, six years is a long time with digital cameras however much you know and like it .. time for a new camera?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Digital Camera forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  May 18, 2012
Latest post:  May 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions