I am about to pull the plug on one or the other since we're going to see grandkids at Christmas and taking them to Disney shortly thereafter.
I have a Canon t2i (kit & great zoom IS lens) and love the images, but it is big to always have with me everywhere.
I really didn't want to spend that kind of money, but just bought an inexpensive P&S which didn't do what I wanted it to do, so, I'm resigned to spending more money. (Black Friday Panasonic 7 something or other) and will be giving it to the grandkids). I'm spoiled by decent shots.
1. I need something that is EASY for my non-photographer spouse to use. (almost idiot proof - not that I'm calling him that)
2. HAVE to be able to use it in bright light - haven't had good luck with just LCD screens, but haven't tried new ones.
3. I have to wear glasses for reading (When did THAT happen?!) so I'd like a viewfinder which was almost a deal breaker against the Sony RX100 - but I'm willing to consider because of the great reviews.
4. I shoot lots of interior and hate to use flash unless absolutely necessary.
5. Kids. They move. They move Fast. Indoors & out.
6. I tend to be better and enjoy taking photos of people rather than landscape.
7. Image stabilization for crisp shots is important - spouse isn't always that steady (not going to use a tri-pod)
How important is the 5x Canon zoom vs the 3.6 Sony zoom? I'm used to being able to zoom a lot, but can crop to get the photo I want.
The cameras are about $200 apart - worth it?
I'd love to hear from someone who's actually used them.
Nothing like waiting until the last minute!
Recent discussions in the Digital Camera forum
|Which of these 8 Cameras is the best for me?||0||Dec 24, 2015|
|What is the best camera under $400?||1||Dec 20, 2015|
|How to get battery out of Nikon d5100||17||Dec 8, 2015|
|Best digital camera for capturing Northern Lights and withstanding Yukon winter temps||0||Dec 7, 2015|
|Good,basic digital camera on a budget needed||1||Nov 28, 2015|
|Need help choosing a good digital camera--fast shutter speed important||73||Oct 30, 2015|
|Manual digital SLR's||32||Oct 1, 2015|
|Best digital camera display in bright sun conditions||25||Sep 25, 2015|
|New York Camera Store Scams & What You Can Do About It||101||Sep 19, 2015|
|Cameras with Date/Time stamps||2||Jul 30, 2015|
|Camera for photographing art||36||May 27, 2015|
|Cannot install the wrist strap on the Canon ELPH 100 HS.||11||May 24, 2015|