Initial post: Apr 13, 2012 7:49:40 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 13, 2012 7:50:58 PM PDT
Granny ;-D says:
Just thought we'd get started...

Previews, article, trailer links WELCOME

I love the WHONIVERSE!

Posted on Apr 15, 2012 2:14:32 PM PDT
The Rentman says:
Still anxiously awaiting the announcement that Hugh Laurie is returning to the BBC (after making himself incredibly wealthy from his award winning tenure as "House" on Fox) to star as the 12th Doctor....................

Posted on Apr 21, 2012 5:25:30 PM PDT
Henley says:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/news/bulletin_120326_01/First_Preview_of_the_New_Series

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 8:21:35 PM PDT
Grant says:
some interesting photos from an upcoming episode....

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/04/22/ominous-set-photos-from-doctor-who-series-seven/

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012 12:44:33 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 23, 2012 12:45:08 AM PDT
Byron says:
The possibility that Rory would be the one to die after so many previous 'deaths' would be the most obvious and boring plot decision they could make.

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2012 1:35:20 AM PDT
Henley says:
Byron says:
The possibility that Rory would be the one to die after so many previous 'deaths' would be the most obvious and boring plot decision they could make.

Rory has had it then!

Posted on May 7, 2012 12:21:06 PM PDT
J. A. Lynn says:
The teasers allude to the Ponds tragic removal from the series by the 50th anniversary. Which promises to be a biggie! There are also pictures of a new Riversong. A reminder that she did regenerate in Let's Kill Hitler! Smith's spot seems secure at least for the coming season. The same teasers tell us that while old enemies remain The Dr will have a new crop of villans to deal with.
All in all can't wait for the season to get here.

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2012 1:52:35 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 7, 2012 2:08:07 PM PDT
Byron says:
The question now is..... from where in her own personal timeline will River Song come from this time? For most of her time on the show she and the Doctor were roughly moving in opposite directions. With 'Let's Kill Hitler' he jumped all the way to the beginning of her Alex Kingston incarnation and her first meeting with him as an adult. Now the 'opposite direction' cycle would seem to be broken and their meetings might truly be more random.

J.A.---
The 50th anniversary won't fall during the upcoming 7th season but rather during the following 8th season (November 2013). Amy & Rory will be leaving the show before the end of this year so they will have been gone for over a year by the time the 50th anniversary special rolls around.

In reply to an earlier post on May 9, 2012 7:17:12 PM PDT
Granny ;-D says:
I am thinking is has to be some temporary assistant! PLEASE - PLEASE - PLEASE!!!

Posted on May 10, 2012 11:05:58 PM PDT
Grant says:
posted this in the series 6 room by accident...Looks like another 4 or 5 months till we get some new Who episodes...

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/05/09/doctor-who-premiere-august/

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 5:40:26 AM PDT
J. A. Lynn says:
Much to long( weep, weep). We have already waited forever! I am on my 3rd review of seasons 1 to 6. AND YES, I did say seasons. I really dislike the current trend to split up a season with no announced dates provided.

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 8:00:40 PM PDT
Granny ;-D says:
I totally agree.... not only did they split the seasons which I can take ... they delayed playing the season at least 6 months!

I have only watched season 6 the whole.. but I own a lot of the Classic Who and have played many of them!

I can't hardly wait either!

Posted on May 15, 2012 3:12:38 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 15, 2012 3:14:40 PM PDT
Byron says:
OK--- It looks like the next season of Who will probably be starting on August 25th or September 1st. Moffat will be screening the first episode at a festival in the UK which takes place from Aug 23-25 and, traditionally, the show airs within a couple of days of the preview.

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012 7:00:00 PM PDT
Granny ;-D says:
OH there is NOW light at the end of the tunnel!

Thanks Byron!

Posted on May 25, 2012 11:02:01 AM PDT
Grant says:
Here's a preview of the new Star Trek the Next Generation meets Dr. Who comic. The art in this comic is absolutely dreadful....

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2012/05/star-trek-tng-doctor-who/

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2012 6:10:00 PM PDT
The Rentman says:
You're right Grant, sadly it look's like Baby's First Water-Color.............

Posted on May 26, 2012 10:23:00 AM PDT
Grant says:
Dr. Who gets to cary the olympic torch....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/articles/Matt-Smith-Carries-the-Flame-for-the-Games

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012 1:34:26 PM PDT
Byron says:
Of course we all know that it has to be David Tennant who runs the last stretch.

Posted on May 26, 2012 8:37:17 PM PDT
Granny ;-D says:
Some people must think it is cool to just cut down everything!

I don't get that!

Posted on May 27, 2012 9:34:18 PM PDT
Byron says:
I wasn't cutting down Matt Smith's running with the torch, just making reference to the end of 'Fear Her' where the Tenth Doctor lights the flame at the 2012 Olympics.

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2012 11:30:31 PM PDT
Granny ;-D says:
I really wasn't talking about you... That is a good reference.

I really like David Tennant.. Or is it Only Matt Smith that will really run the stretch in the REAL LIFE Olympics?

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2012 12:08:01 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 28, 2012 11:11:02 AM PDT
The Rentman says:
I thought it was Granny bemoaning Grant and I being less than enthusiastic in the analysis of the D-Grade Talent that was procured to produce what should have been the monumental comic series joining two of Sci-Fi's biggest names in the Comic Book realm. Sadly, in our world, everyone isn't a "Winner" and we all don't get "Gold Stars" for effort. In other words, Crap is still Crap. Good Sci-Fi deserves at minimum passable talent to make it appear worthy of consideration. There is nothing worthy about the poor, laughable junk in that book. Nuff said.

Doctor Who & Trek deserve better than some lame D-Lister Artist/Inker/Colorer.

Posted on May 28, 2012 8:08:01 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 28, 2012 8:10:27 AM PDT
Granny ;-D says:
Yes Rentman.. I think the art you were judging ... is just fine. It wasn't anything weird like Picasso so I consider it just fine.. I saw images that I understood, the color was pretty good.. it is a comic book drawing.. not everything can be an Albert Bierstadt Bierstadt (In The Mountains) Art Print Poster - 24x36 Poster Print by Albert Bierstadt, 36x24

Posted on May 28, 2012 10:30:24 AM PDT
Grant says:
I wasn't trying to sound "cool" by saying that art was dreadful. It was dreadful. This is 40 years of reading comics and collecting original comic art talking. I know what I like and what I don't like and that art is subpar. This can be attributed to a varitey of reasons. IDW, the company that puts out the comic, is a smaller company. Perhaps they shot their wad on getting the license and couldn't afford a name artist. Perhaps IDW doesn't care about getting a quality artist. Companies that put out a lot of creator owned books like IDW usually don't want to pay for top talent on licensed properties. All though all of that seem unlikely since there are quality artists who will work for practically nothing. Licensed properties are notorious for having subpar interior art. There is no dearth of excellent comic artists out there. One need only go to DeviantArt.com to see that for themselves. There is actually a surplus of excellent comic book artists that can't get jobs. I can literally name a hundred artists that could have done a better job.

Finally, I expect certain things from comic art. An attention to detail, clean lines and great anatomy such as in these examples....

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Go_URG8KdTo/TIig_fc7oUI/AAAAAAAADnY/vXbOnW2jtbE/s1600/hasbro-savage-land-frank-cho-b.jpg

http://www.comicartfans.com/Images/Category_5192/subcat_43672/NEWAVNIL003002s_ink_w.jpg

http://comicbookjesus.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/ulthor_1_preview3.jpg

I find none of those things in this...
http://www.wired.com/underwire/2012/05/star-trek-tng-doctor-who/?pid=7085

So yes, I stand by my statement that this art is amateurish at best and that IDW should have shelled out for better talent on something as high profile as Who/Star Trek. And I say this with the knowledge that I am not trying to sound cool. I'm not remotely cool. My wife tells me so all the time.

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2012 10:50:31 AM PDT
The Rentman says:
Granny, you don't get it. Grant however, who actually is a consumer of comics as I have been, does. So as to not belabor the point, I'll defer to the links that Grant posted that, unlike yours, are actually of comic book art. It's best to not compare apples to oranges.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 31 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Doctor Who forum
Participants:  17
Total posts:  771
Initial post:  Apr 13, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 5, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions