Customer Discussions > Early Reader forum

Christian Chapter books for 7 year old ( on the level of Junie B. Jones)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 28 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 29, 2008 8:31:53 PM PDT
J. Smith says:
I'm looking for a series of Childrens books on the reading level of Junie B. Jones that will teach my son values, morals... pertaining to Christian faith. I can't seem to find anything without Magic, dragons, wizzards, etc.. I can't believe there isn't anything out there.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2008 5:06:43 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 30, 2008 5:07:13 PM PDT
Try these:
The Cul-de-Sac Kids or The Incredible World of Wally McDoogle
Some others that might be for older readers are The Sugar Creek Gang and TheTrailblazers series.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2008 5:46:39 PM PDT
J. Smith says:
Thanks! I appreciate the help!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2008 4:10:45 AM PDT
You might also try Janette Oke's Animal Friends series.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2008 9:23:03 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 3, 2008 9:31:36 AM PDT
You might try the Rooter and Snuffle series of books about brother raccoons. Each book contains 3 stories. The Misadventures of Rooter and Snuffle, On the Go With Rooter and Snuffle and Trouble Finds Rooter and Snuffle are available now at Amazon.com. There are themes about sharing, caring, bullies, self esteem, friendship, responsibility, etc. You may also find others by Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. to fit your needs.

Shari Lyle-Soffe

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2008 9:49:09 PM PDT
K. Nelson says:
I know you have a son, but for anyone else out there, there are Meghan Rose books -- Meghan Rose has a Secret is one. I'm not sure on the author. The series has at least 4 books. My girls like the Cul-de-Sac kids too. I guess I'm not the only one who doesn't like Junie B!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2008 7:45:29 AM PDT
V. Eby says:
My kids enjoyed the Three Cousins Detective Club series at that age. The series is good for both girls and boys.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2008 6:00:08 PM PDT
I would try the American girls books. They are great at teaching Biblical lessons (you can pull them out) and history. My 5 year old loves being read these stories and the characters make good choices,..at least Molly and Kit seem to. We are going to read Felicity next.

Posted on Feb 5, 2009 5:31:11 PM PST
H. Jacobsen says:
My 7 year-old is devouring the Dinotopia books. They are about a utopian society of people and dinosaurs, well written, beautiful illustrations, moral and good for the morale!

Posted on Feb 6, 2009 12:14:00 PM PST
I don't know if these are above a second grader, as I used to read them aloud to my 4th graders, but the series is about a girl named Alex. Some of the titles are:french fry forgiveness, mint cookie miracles, peanut butter and jelly secrets...the kids loved them, and they are very much Christian based.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 6, 2009 2:14:56 PM PST
K. Nelson says:
Do you have an author for these? Or the name of the series?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 7, 2009 7:05:05 PM PST
A Nice Guy says:
Try the new children's books by Penelope Dyan. There is a whole beginjing reader series and several supplements out there,

Posted on Feb 11, 2009 8:25:57 AM PST
The Rev says:
The grandma's attic books are really great. My mom read them to me when i was eight. They are funny and teach little kids and older kids lessons in faith, friendship, and forgiveness!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 13, 2009 9:05:44 AM PST
Hi there. You should check out the company Timberdoodle, they are a Christian company and their products are outstanding! My eight year old son is reading the series called Building on the Rock by Joel R. Beeke and Diana Kleyn. There are other series like Helping Hands and Days Go By. You absolutely will not be disappointed and your little boy should love them. Its nice to find material that honors God and doesn't numb them to evil.

Posted on Feb 19, 2009 12:57:07 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 19, 2009 1:02:36 AM PST
rusticblue says:
Glad you asked! I'd Take a look at The Moody series by Sarah Maxwell:

http://www.titus2.com/ecommerce/products/prod_listing.php/1170

Here's what one mom (with a son) wrote about the books: "We wanted to write you, Sarah, just to let you know how much we loved your new book, A Summer With the Moodys. My son and I read it each night before bed and we enjoyed it immensely. We laughed alot. It is a very quality book for children to read or have read to them because of all the many instances where children relate to their parents and each other in a Godly fashion of respect and honor. We loved the book and we are telling all our friends about it. A mom and son"

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2009 10:41:45 PM PDT
L. Day says:
The Adventure's of Penelope Desiree Montclair, Age 10 is a book I would recommend. It brings back childhood innocence with a vengence. Penelope is a naive and spunky ten-year-old. As you read through her diary, you will laugh out loud at her many adventure's. It was published by a christian publisher.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2009 1:44:57 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 18, 2009 1:55:51 PM PDT]

Posted on Apr 18, 2009 1:58:41 PM PDT
K. Nelson says:
The author of the Penelope book is Lisa Day, obviously also the writer of the last post. Has anyone else read this book?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2009 3:07:26 PM PDT
A. Johnson says:
hi...i will give you a few suggestions, but first, let me recommend a book by gladys hunt entitled, "honey for a child's heart". this book is written by a cristian and recomemmends books for your children according to their age, from 0 to 14 yrs. well worth the price of $12.99, and one you will refer to over and over again!
we were faced with the same dilemma for my 8 yr old granddaughter. here are some of the books we have found to be just wonderful. ...not all necessarily with the christian theme, (which we also wanted), but, they are good books with a morally pure message.
try the indian in the cupboard series. also, certain magic treehouse books, (not all)... do not have all the wizzards, dragons, etc, you just have to skim through them first. also, rikki tikki tavi is a great book. ...captain courageous...chitty chitty bang bang...i could go on and on. god bless...hope this
helps you a bit.

Posted on Sep 2, 2009 6:37:57 PM PDT
Look into "The Boxcar Children" series. Very easy (maybe too easy, maybe not), and wholesome as well.

Posted on Sep 3, 2009 11:26:11 PM PDT
Rebs says:
My son LOVED the Sugar Creek Gang books. He started at about 7 (or maybe 8?) years old and has read them about 3 times each since then. (All 36 of them!) He's 10 now and still loves them. They definitely emphasize morals and are definitely Christian based, and also full of fun and adventure.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 4, 2009 10:33:15 AM PDT
Well, I personally think that there aren't many out there because books that are written strictly about religeon/faith aren't interesting/captivating enough for young children to concentrate on (which is why fantasy books that DO have dragons and magic in them are written)

Try teaching him the values you want to instill in your son through Bible study and interesting passages from the Bible. I'm not a religeous person in the least, but as a child I went to an in-home Jr. Bible study group; being able to interact with children his own age and read/discuss things together will make it much more interesting and fun for him to learn. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2009 8:11:22 PM PDT
L. Day says:
The Adventure's of Penelope Desiree Montclair, Age 10 is a fun easy-read as it is in diary format. It's innocent and spunky main character, Penelope and her friends will keep it's readers laughing. Although it is not religious, there are strong moral values and it is published by a Christian book publisher.

Posted on Apr 17, 2012 5:23:03 AM PDT
Another GREAT series are the Moody Family by Sarah Maxwell. You get get them at Titus2.com They teach character in a fun way. Here is the web site has to say about the books:
Are you searching for wholesome, godly reading books for your children? Books that are filled with positive role models, rather than negative ones which children are so prone to imitate? The Moody Family Series is the answer! These fiction books are about a Christian, homeschool family-the Moodys. Throughout each book, you'll find the Moodys very easy-to-relate to. Children are delighted as they read about another family who homeschools.

Serving Jesus together, homeschooling, blessing neighbors, and loving each other are several themes in the Moody Family Series. Many moms have shared how their children have become more helpful, polite, obedient, kind, and loving after reading about the Moodys.

The books make a great family read aloud with children of all ages. If your child is reading the book by himself, the reading comprehension is suited for about ages 7 on up.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 11:52:56 AM PST
Try the Roman Mysteries books by Caroline Lawrence. Set in ancient Rome, with a gentle but profound underlying Christian narrative.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Early Reader forum (109 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Early Reader forum
Participants:  22
Total posts:  28
Initial post:  Jun 29, 2008
Latest post:  Jun 10, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 15 customers

Search Customer Discussions