Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM
Customer Discussions > Edward Cullen forum

Bella not Good enough for Edward

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 44 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2010 2:33:13 PM PST
Bless Yahweh says:
Very true well said!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2010 2:32:23 PM PST
Bless Yahweh says:
Edward is not too good for bella in the book. Edward is too good for christian stewart.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2010 7:43:44 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 2, 2010 8:03:19 AM PST]

Posted on Apr 26, 2009 9:33:33 AM PDT
NickiM says:
D. Bryant: Maybe you could get your husband in on the fantasy. You could play Bella and he could be Edward? Do a little rescue the human from danger scene and end up in bed?

Posted on Apr 26, 2009 9:28:52 AM PDT
NickiM says:
No one is good enough for Edward, except ME!! tee hee

F. Naeem: Edward falls in love with Bella because he realizes she's a genuinely good person, and she makes him want to be a better person too. What better basis for a relationship than having someone who brings out the vey best in us? Plus, many man like coming to the rescue of the "damsel in distress" and Bella's got that down pat. Saving Bella gives Edward's life a whole new meaning and purpose.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 15, 2009 4:26:59 PM PDT

Posted on Apr 5, 2009 8:10:19 AM PDT
D. Bryant says:
I can not sympathize with Bella. She seems very immature in her thinking about love. Of course she is young and has never been in love and doesn't have siblings. Someone should tell her that her love for Jacob is only what a sister feels for a brother. Maybe then she could move on and stop whining so much.

Posted on Apr 5, 2009 6:36:26 AM PDT
Riddhi says:
Bella was always freaking out with the whole Jacob thing, and she would always dwell on "their past" as best friends. Uh HELLO!? Bella you brought this on yourself! Remember?? Leading him on in Twilight?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 2, 2009 2:17:20 PM PDT
U.N Owen says:
i totally relate. if i, who am way past my teens years, feel this way, its not wonder the teenagers are going bonkers!
i'm not exactly sure what it is specifically about Edwards character that is so appealing to me. I mean some of his behaviour really borders on stalking. And yet...

Posted on Apr 1, 2009 3:06:29 PM PDT
D. Bryant says:
I love my husband> we have been married for 16 years. Never in 16 years have I fantisized about another man-not an old boyfriend-not an actor-not even my gorgous trainer. But now I can't get Edward (my image of Edward-not Pattinson's version) out of my head. I have to really concentrate not to say his name aloud when we are "together". How bizzare is that!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2009 10:05:00 PM PST
M. L. Brown says:
i understand your "disgust" with the plot and their life choices, but how about this perspective...since they are vampires, they cant really be in the "so call spot light" doing things like you mentioned might bring attention to them from humans and possibly speculation about what they really are. and the volturi already don't like their alternative lifestyle, could you imagine what they would do if they started getting noticed by humans for things that they do? In one of the books (2 i think) when edward leaves, he told bella that carlisle has been there awhile and is pushing to look a certain age and people will start to notice; so that was (albeit phony) a reason for leaving as well, if they were famous (ie edward's musical abilities) he couldn't do it for long people would start to wonder how come he never got old... OR---they have been around a LONG time, maybe they have done things already in other generations we don't really know, maybe this is a time spent as we would call it "veggin on the couch"
i really don't know...just throwin out ideas, its midnight i need to get to bed...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2009 8:13:07 AM PST
K. Schieber says:
PS About Bella and her marriage-phobia. She's a teenager and her mother's views have been drilled into her forever and their divorce was a huge part of her life and who she has become. She is very mature for her age but she is still very young and naturally still under the influence of her parents and doesn't want to disappoint them (on top of losing them when she "turns"!!) Plus, that's not the thing to do in this society if you are "smart" and wanting to get an education and do things in the "proper order" - I know I've made those expectations clear to my kids! Yes, it's weird that she's willing (in theory) to commit to an undead life with him but not a marriage, but who ever said that teenage girls are logical?! :) She's operating on a gut reaction. She knows herself that it's goofy but she can't help it.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2009 8:07:18 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 3, 2009 8:16:01 AM PST
K. Schieber says:
Here's what I think: Edward's fascination with Bella starts when he can't read her mind in the cafeteria. Her especially-tormenting-to-him scented blood is something that pushes him away. He doesn't WANT to kill - both because he values human life and because he values what his family has in that community and he values Carlisle's good opinion of him. It's that compulsion to get to know another person that draws him to her. She's a mystery and he can't resist, even though her scent pains him. Plus, she's not scared of him and is equally fascinated by/drawn to him - which of course is very attractive. But her personality, integrity, selfless-ness are what make him fall in love with her.
Edward: Of course he's incredible, in so many many ways. Here are the only things I don't particularly like about him and his life: 1- he's patronizingly protective. He could be lovingly protective and still let her maintain her dignity and give her some respect and trust. He doesn't have to treat her like an incompetent, jinxed, baby. I would have NOT reacted as calmly as she did! 2- and this was mentioned once before, (and I understand for the purposes of SM's plot) but how can they stand to waste their "lives" in this tedious, pointless, productive-less fashion?!?! Carlisle is the only one that I can see who makes any sort of contribution to his society. The rest of them are just sponges, diddling their time away building card towers and playing teenager. Edward could be a prodigy in the neighborhood who composes music for the world to enjoy. He-they could solve crimes with their super senses and strength and resources (eg Forever Knight and Moonlight!). They could work at (Edward obviously has the strength and brains to do this!) becoming doctors/lawyers/teachers/diplomats (with Edward's ability to read minds!) whatever! Devote themselves to protecting humans from other vampires....! They could head up foundations and grants and scholarships and contribute to medical research with all that money they throw around and waste on new clothes every day and fast cars! So, while I understand, for the the purposes of the plot, why Stephenie made these choices for them... as characters, I don't have so much respect for them (disgusted rather) and their life choices.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 2, 2009 2:06:43 PM PST
D.P. says:
>>> I'll "die" and live with you for eternity, but I can't say, "I do." What a jerk.

I too had a HUGE problem with Bella and the marriage thing. This was one part that was definitely screwed up about the book. As you stated: Bella was hopelessly in love with Edward, to the point of throwing away her entire human life for him, yet she had a problem MARRYING HIM ???? Bella did a lot of stupid things...particularly starting in book 2, but this took the cake! It was beyond ridiculous!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2009 11:49:23 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 11, 2009 11:51:26 AM PST
Interesting theory F. Naeem. Here's what I thought about it. Certain things drew Edward toward Bella, like the fact that he couldn't read her mind like everyone else in 80 years. Yes, Bella's scent was extremely enticing to him, but his will to not eat her was a test for him, an accomplishment that he had to know he could reach. She'd say things that he wouldn't normally hear from other human beings, confusing him to the point that he just HAD to understand the reasons behind them. For a vampire whose whole life was spent perfecting his abilities, Bella was the puzzle that he could figure out. She was the one imperfection that gnawed him to the core. So much so, that he'd been the rest of his days trying to make something that seemed so wrong, logical. I don't know if this sounds confusing or not, but that's how I see it in a way.
Can she match his perfections? No. But it didn't stop him from sneaking into her room at night to watch her sleep, or save her from a rapist and murderer(as said in a draft from Midnight Sun). His obsession became his infatuation. And we know how it gets when one becomes infatuated.
No arguments, though.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2008 12:08:03 PM PDT
Kat says:
you guys should read the new book... its great!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 2, 2008 4:45:02 PM PDT
I dont think thats entirely true. I agree that you cant truely be in love with 2 people at one time but it is possible for u to love 2 people at once. I am in love with my husband but i love my sons dad. I think thats like it is between bella, edward and Jake. I think that she is in love with Edward because whats the point in marrying somebody if you arent in love with them and she loves Jacob because he was there for her when she really needed it, after edward left her. Im sure that she confused her love with Jake for what true love actually is.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2008 10:07:38 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 31, 2008 10:10:37 AM PDT
I do totally Agree with Alejandro Bautista.... I haven't finish reading the 4th book but I think it's dumb how she said to be in love with both Eduard and Jacob that's not possible..... she is just selfish and want to have both of them she does not want to let one of them be happy with some one else.....she is just taking advantage of their love towards her....

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 26, 2008 9:17:56 PM PDT
I wouldn't say she's being a jerk. The whole anti-marriage thing is completely understandable if you consider that Bella's parents married when they were in their late teens/early 20s, split up, and Bella has been more of a parent to Renee than she should have been. Who WOULD want to get married after living through that? Then figure in the glamour and romance of being loved forever by someone like Edward. So she'd rather die than be married.

She's not really being a jerk--she's just being a melodramatic teenager.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 24, 2008 6:17:02 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Aug 24, 2008 6:18:02 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 7, 2008 5:26:53 PM PDT
Kat says:
hahahahah i think i would have to agree with you emily!

but at the same time, could it be possible that we all just dislike bella because subconsciously we're all just jealous that bella has BOTH edward AND jacob ? lolz.

i personally don't think it's really fair the way she lead jacob on. espec in new moon after edward left bella, bella knew she was leading jacob on by constantly flirtin with him n doin all the things couples do....but she was willing to do that to him just so she can put a little happiness into HER life. that just sounds a bit selfish to me.... she knew very well that her heart belonged to edward....so she knew that even after she did all that to jacob...as soon as edward came back she would go running back to him....so why put jacob thru all that pain when she coulda just stopped herself from bein selfish n not lead him on?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 24, 2008 9:24:05 AM PDT
i don think anybody likes bella. people only read the book to see what happens with edward and jake

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2008 8:43:46 PM PDT
What in the hell are u talkin about??

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2008 12:34:33 PM PDT
DrayaRenee says:
LMAO @ E. Alejandro Bautista i love your brutal honestly!! What a jerk!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2008 8:37:06 AM PDT
Believe it or not their are people out here like that. To where they will die for somebody but the thought of gettin married terrifies them. I was dating this guy and to some degree I would die for him but yet at the same time I was afraid the life long committment. I know this sounds stupid and Edward was always tellin her that she had it backwards. She isnt really going to die for Edward shes just going to become immortal shes still going to be walkin around. I think the thing is shes afraid of her parents reaction if she tells them that she is gettin married but she cant exactly tell her family that she is going to become a vampire.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Edward Cullen forum (42 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Edward Cullen forum
Participants:  31
Total posts:  44
Initial post:  Oct 13, 2007
Latest post:  Dec 8, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions