Customer Discussions > Erotic Romance forum

lora leigh -kindle

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 27, 2008 11:16:39 AM PST
Who Lou? says:
I just started reading books by Lora Leigh on my kindle and i love them but there needs to be more in kindle format..ecspecially the breed books... the Three that there are were great.. Dawn's Awakening, Tanner's Scheme and Megan's Mark, but I want more for my kindle!!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2008 12:09:01 PM PDT
Green Wise says:
From what I seen about the Kindle you should still be able to order those books and convert them to the Kindle format. You might want to check out her website, also EC has a whole breakdown on the different formats and which would work for a paticular device.
BTW, how cool for you to have a Kindle, I would love one but the budget won't allow for it.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2008 10:54:32 AM PDT
Kim says:
What is EC? I am very interested in a Kindle but still need to do more research and seeing what formats work for different devices would be helpful. Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2008 10:36:38 AM PDT
Go Big says:
If you check out Amazon.com's Kindle Help and follow the link: Help > Digital Downloads Help > Amazon Kindle Wireless Reading Device > How to Use Your Kindle > Reading Personal Documents on Your Kindle- you should be able to email books from other sites to yourself at your Kindle email address and (I think) for a .10 fee the files will be put into a Kindle friendly format and sent o your Kindle.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2008 9:36:52 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 18, 2008 9:37:41 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2008 9:39:21 AM PDT
john hallett says:
try ellora's cave for more breed stories by lora leigh you can download it into your kindle.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 28, 2008 1:39:56 PM PDT
Jan Springer says:
Hi Kim!
EC is Ellora's Cave. http://www.ellorascave.com
They are the largest publisher of erotic romance electronic books in the world. ;-)

Hugs,
jan springer (an EC author)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 28, 2008 1:39:58 PM PDT
Jan Springer says:
Hi Kim!
EC is Ellora's Cave. http://www.ellorascave.com
They are the largest publisher of erotic romance electronic books in the world. ;-)

Hugs,
jan springer (an EC author)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2008 6:44:48 AM PDT
Tringle says:
Hey Naomi! Do you like your Kindle? I have been considering purchasing one just so I can read my erotic faves more discreetly without judgmental eyes ogling the covers of the more hardcore titles. I have heard so many mixed reviews though that I am second guessing my decision. Any thoughts you can share on your experience (aside from the lack of Leigh book choices)?? Thanks so much and happy reading!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2008 9:35:56 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 27, 2008 9:37:34 AM PDT
I can speak to the Kindle experience ... I LOVE IT ... I have been able to download from Fictionwise, Ellora's Cave, New Concept Publishing and Samhain/My Bookstore and More with ease ... I personally prefer to get the HTML editions and run them through Word and Mobipocket Creator on my own so I can control the MetaData for sorting - but .prc files and mobi files all work on the device and it really is much more discrete than a whole lot of the titles and jacket covers!! and I do go to some of the more "scandalous" site also ...

Kindle is very easy to use - the pitfalls in my opinion ... does not support PDF files, does not allow for folder organization of the menu screen (this would be very handy for all those books with missing or odd MetaData) - and lack of consistancy by publishers on how MetaData is managed ... but once you have your "book" open and are reading ... none of that matters - and really it is all "overcomeable" for the most part ...

personally I say go for it - I have not suffered buyer remorse on this one ... but too I have totally embraced digital media for my music and movies (gotta love Apple) - and this just falls right in line ... plus the cost of ebooks is lower than print copies - please let me know if you have any further questions ...

and Naomi - I agree .. give me all of Lora's books in eBook format!!! I'm of the mind that I will not be buying anymore print books going forward ....

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2008 11:41:37 AM PDT
Tringle says:
Wow! Thanks Just-A-Seattle-Reader!!! I really appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback and experience on the Kindle!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2008 2:24:07 PM PDT
Rescue Me with Macey's story is out for Kindle ... search for Cherry Adair in the Kindle Store!!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2008 7:06:53 PM PDT
LadyHawke says:
I second everything Seattle Reader says. I have had my Kindle since Dec. 2007 and completely love it - warts and all. Warts: the device is a little clunky, plus the items Seattle mentioned are true. LOVE the wireless and the ability to get a new book 24/7 without even leaving home. (My credit card is loving that feature!) I used to read ebooks on a PDA and have always loved being able to resize the print since my eyes aren't too great. The Kindle does it very nicely, with sharp, clear print that you can read in sunlight. I also like the privacy - no one knows what I'm reading unless they're rude enough to ask (and I've had that happen). Some books aren't available, true, but I found some I wanted on Elloras Cave and downloaded them - terrific!!

Just for the heck of it, I started an Excel file with all of my purchases - I'm up to 68 and a little over $400, so this just confirms my level of addiction.

And, Seattle Reader, how smart of you to control the Meta Data! I'm going to see if I can figure out how to do that!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 5, 2008 7:25:01 AM PDT
JMcJ says:
I third the KINDLE experience. I love it and am addicted as well.

I truly have no complaints about my Kindle. It does everything I think it should and I have adapted to its look and layout without any problems. Since I picked it up, I have rarely put it down and NEVER leave the house without it.

Lora Leigh Kindlized versions usually come out about a two weeks after the paperback release on Amazon. At least that is how it has been for the last several books but for the older stuff, you can go to http://ebooksearchr.googlepages.com/ to search for ebooks. If it doesn't come up on this search site, there probably is not an ebook format yet for the title you are looking for. I found 17 Lora Leigh books at Diesel Ebooks when I searched a minute ago.

My favorite e-books site is Fictionwise.com. They keep all of your purchases in a bookshelf (like Amazon) does and allows you to download more than once. Even better, they will email your e-book to your Kindle for you at the click of a button. They also have a great ratings process and lots of ways to earn free books with micopay rebates. (I have 140.00 in free books already because of a promotion they ran last month) AllromanceEbooks.com is another constant source of great books. It has a better "heat" index and new books almost hourly...so I bounce back between the two.

These sites are not like Ellora's Cave or Loose ID in that they gather e-books from many, many, many e-publishers in a plethora of erotica genres and make them available in one place.

By the way, I have read PDF and HTML files on my Kindle. I just sent it to my kindle account and it came through without any problems.

Jennifer

ps: LadyHawke, I keep an excel file also (so that I can notate favorite authors and past purchases easier) and am up to 252 e-books with 34 in my TBR file since March on my Kindle.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2008 8:55:26 PM PDT
LadyHawke says:
Jennifer,

I bow to your reading greatness!!!

P.S. I used to buy ebooks for my pda from fictionwise and also ereader.com. I'll try some of your suggested links. Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2008 12:26:14 PM PDT
how I work with my Metadata -

when buying eBooks from other sites I get the HTML version whenever possible - I then copy the entire text out and paste into Word

from here I delete out all the stuff I don't want - the review of other author's books and all the legal boilerplate at the start of the book ... I'm not sharing this with anyone it is only going to be on my Kindle - so it's gone for my needs

in the Properities section of the file - from the FILE menu bar option - I'll add Title and Author (last name first) in the appropriate boxes and save the file

then run the DOC file through MobiCreater to create the .PRC file and load that to Kindle

makes me a happy camper

there was a way to change MetaData posted over on www.decodingthekindle.com - this worked for me on some of my purchases of Mobi files and even some of my Amazon purchase - but not all ... and if you do try this make sure you have a backup of the original in case the change doesn't work right - I did have to revert back to the backup copy on a few eBooks I tried to change the Metadata of ...

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 9, 2008 7:27:12 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 9, 2008 7:59:21 PM PDT
LadyHawke says:
Good info, Seattle. Thanks!!

(And - wow - I must have been living in a cardboard box under a bridge. Thanks to your post I now know about decodingthekindle.com - what a great site!)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Erotic Romance forum (501 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Erotic Romance forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  Feb 27, 2008
Latest post:  Sep 9, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions