Customer Discussions > Erotica forum

Alpha Male Erotic Romance

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 79 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 14, 2008 7:28:00 AM PST
Emma says:
Just finished reading the Sarah McCarty books - Caines Reckoning being my favorite. Have also read all Lora Leigh and all Lisa Marie Rice. Does anyone have any suggestions for other books/authors who write strong alpha male, erotic romance books?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2008 12:27:48 PM PST
Well...since you've already read all the authors I was going to suggest, I can't really help you very much except to tell you which erotica author to avoid in your search for hot alpha males. Emma Holly. She's my favorite erotica author and I adore her books, but her men are definitely not alphas. They're total wusses compared to Lora Leigh's men. :)

Oh, wait! What about Diane Whiteside? The men in her Devil series are pretty tough...and she has that Erotic Tales of Texas Vampires series...

Shannon McKenna's men are alphas too. The hero in BEHIND CLOSED DOORS is practically a caveman (but not in a bad way).

And the guy in Rhyannon Byrd's AGAINST THE WALL...he's a "take charge" kind of guy.

Oooohhh...and just about any Christine Warren book will have a sexy alpha male. Her Ellora's Cave titles are hotter than her mainstream books. Start with FANTASY FIX. Hot, dark, sexy vampire hero with a possessive streak...and a bit of bondage kink. FUR FACTOR is the second book. Hot werewolf. Grrr.

The men in J. R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series are about as alpha as anything I could ever imagine...but the books are more romantica or edgy romance than hardcore erotica. Still steamy enough to peel paint off the walls though. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2008 3:32:52 AM PST
dameholly says:
Jory Strong has couple good ones. Try Lyric's Cop- very good alpha and the heroine has a backbone, too, which makes for some interesting scenes!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2008 7:15:28 PM PST
Check out Nalini Singh's psy-changeling series starting with Slave to Sensation....you won't be disappointed. They all definitely have strong alpha male love interests

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2008 8:07:23 AM PST
amanda evon says:
i love megan heart. broken was fantastic. louren dane is also a good author.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2008 11:43:53 AM PST
Jen601 says:
Definately have to agree with you on Rhyannon Byrd's AGAINST THE WALL. If only my husband were more like that.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2008 7:42:52 AM PST
The man in WICKED TIES by Shayla Black is very alpha. He's a bodyguard and also a well-known Dom.

COLTERS' WOMAN by Maya Banks...the oldest brother Adam is an alpha male.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2008 7:53:49 PM PST
abandon print. it limits you. if you want erotic romance, head to ebook publishers for quality, sexy smut with good storylines and alpha men. it's where lisa marie rice and lora leigh started. ellorascave.com and liquidsilverbooks.com, and samhainpublishing.com, just to name a few.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2008 5:11:16 AM PST
chic lit says:
Try these:

Marly Chance, Jr Ward, Brenda Williamson, Anne Stuart, Kate Douglas,
Kaitlyn O'Conner, Patrice Michelle, Angela Knight, Sahara Kelly, Reese Gabriel, Annie Windsor, Elizabeth Lapthorne, Jaid Black, Jaide Fox, Sherri l King, Lorie O' Clare, Vonna Harper, Cheyenne Mccray,

start with these...that will give you plenty to read.. These authors are page turners........You will read the entire book in one sitting and the alpha males are hot..............

good luck happy hunting........

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2008 7:23:40 PM PST
RJRo20 says:
Most of Shiloh Walker's older books. My favorites include VOYEUR, TOUCH OF GYPSY FIRE, HER WIDEST DREAM, HER BEST FRIEND'S LOVER, ONCE UPON A MIDNIGHT BLUE, and The Hunter series (i.e., Book 1 and 5). Most of these titles include strong alpha males with great doses of romance. Also, if you're into the extreme, Marilyn Lee's Moonlight and Bloodlust series provides for very uber-alpha males.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2008 1:46:06 PM PST
Ellie says:
Try Shayla Black! She has Wicked Ties and Decadent

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2008 11:34:34 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 3, 2008 11:34:57 AM PST
A Reader says:
While on the subject of alpha male heroes, as much as I like them, I usually end up loathing the heroine. Does anyone know of any books that involve alpha male heroes with heroines who are neither "sassy" nor "feisty" (I generally find that these are just different words for "thick" and "arrogant"). Any nice, sensible, feminine heroines out there???

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2008 10:07:52 PM PST
dralo says:
I like it when the heroine stands up for herself. But so often, 'feisty' and 'sassy' sounds like shrill and demanding to me, too.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2008 10:14:48 PM PST
dralo says:
Shelly Laurenston has an erotica series that has strong female leads, alpha males, and is funny. Magnus Heat and Here Kitty Kitty.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2008 5:08:12 AM PST
Sassafras says:
Most of these books are Ellora's Cave in-print (many available from Amazon). Many more are available in ebook format as another reader suggested. Other than the one's you've read thus far (hope I'm not duplicating here) here are my other picks:

Tielle St Clare - Dragon Series
Mary Wine - Dream Series

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 14, 2008 11:10:42 AM PST
Terrie says:
You might try:

"Chains of Love: Bound to Trust (Book 1)" by Jaci Burton - Though there is some BDSM it is tastefully written by the author. There is also F/F exploration. The hero is VERY Alpha.

"The Horde Wars: Ravenous (Book 1)" by Sherri King (This is actually a series)**
"Wanton Fire (The Horde Wars) (Book 2)"
"Razor's Edge (The Horde Wars) (Book 3)"**
"Manaconda: Sacred Eden (Book 4), Knight Stalker, Devilish Dot"
"Lord of the Deep (Book 5)"**

The men in these novels are alpha male-some more** than others. Hope this helps.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 14, 2008 7:29:21 PM PST
C. allen says:
Super choice of Nalini Singh's psy-changeling series. As a reader of traditional sci-fi as well as romantica/romance, I have to say it was darn good science fiction as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2008 12:15:33 PM PST
KATHY says:
Try Jory Strong "Peppermint Inn" also.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2008 5:54:31 PM PST
C. Fox says:
You mean "Peppermint Creek Inn"? If so that is by Jan Springer.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 26, 2008 3:59:14 PM PST
T. Bigelow says:
Michelle Pillow has a great books with alpha males in it. I loved everything I got from her. Check out the books under The Dragon Lord and Lords of the Var series.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2008 2:38:44 PM PST
KT Fried says:
You might try Flesh and the Devil by Devyn Quinn if you like paranormal erotic romance with an alpha male character.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 2, 2008 12:21:45 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 4, 2008 7:03:28 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 2, 2008 3:05:30 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 2, 2008 3:10:31 PM PDT
If you don't object to erotica, try Animal Lust by L. Danes. It's a new one and I absolutely loved it. I tend to go for the J. R. Ward guys but I do like a little more steam. The Brotherhood is just about the best in a good novel content 'tho. I think Jaid Black's guys are generally alpha BUT her heroines can often be lame. Also The Barbarian Prince (this is part of a series). Michelle M. Pillow is one of my new favorites as well. Not quite as...hot.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2008 5:10:39 AM PDT
nancee323 says:
Hey Emma I didn't realize you had this discussion going, and I had started one as well "Contemorary erotica w/ strong alpha males". I got a ton of great suggestions, some contemporary, and some not. Happy Reading!!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 9, 2008 9:39:50 PM PDT
Anything by Rhyannon Byrd. In addition to her wonderful stories published by Ellora's Cave, she's now published with Harlequin. See Last Wolf Standing, Last Wolf Hunting and Last Wolf Watching.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Erotica forum (904 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Erotica forum
Participants:  57
Total posts:  79
Initial post:  Jan 14, 2008
Latest post:  Feb 18, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 49 customers

Search Customer Discussions