Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Fidlar UP3 $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Labor Day Savings with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Learn more
Customer Discussions > Erotica forum

Good books you've read on audio book.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 28 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 16, 2012 1:17:19 AM PDT
I'm trying to find some good audio books to try. So far I've tried

Jr Ward, BFB series
Lara Adrian, Midnight Breed series
Mary Calmes, Warden series

I would love some recommendations on any you tried.

Posted on May 16, 2012 1:24:45 AM PDT
I've seen Hayley B James undercover sins is now on audio book but I heard the narration was horrible.

Posted on May 16, 2012 3:51:10 PM PDT
Libros Lover says:
Immortals After Dark Series - Kresley Cole
Escape Velocity and One Real Thing - Anah Crowe/Dianne Fox
The Bridge Street Series - Ava March
The Seven Sins Series (Covet, Envy) J R Ward
Special Delivery - Heidi Cullinan

Posted on May 16, 2012 3:58:54 PM PDT
If it's on audiobook you aren't reading it, you're listening to someone else read it.

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 7:03:37 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 17, 2012 7:05:19 AM PDT
G. Cates

Good books that you've read that are also available on audio books. I would like books that are good in both formats. I've tried books that I really like but the audio version just sucks.

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 7:18:34 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 17, 2012 7:19:13 AM PDT
Libros Lover,

Thanks very much! I'm tired of being disappointed by good books that sound horrible on audio book because the narrator did a bad job.

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 9:03:17 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 17, 2012 9:13:53 AM PDT
Libros Lover says:
Taboo,
I've been an audiobook listener since the early 90s and have certainly been burned by some narrators reading books I love. I am grateful that Audible has the option for you to listen to a sample before you purchase. I refuse to give up my money for a book that is intolerable to hear. Tha being said, everyone has their preferences as to what sounds pleasing and what grates on ones nerve. The books I listed are read by narrators that I think do a wonderful job with the stories they read. I hope you find them as entertaining as I do. Give a report back and let us know what you think. Happy listening!

Also, as an FYI, if there is an audiobook that is sold by Audible.com that you want to sample, you can do it thru Amazon by clicking on the Audible link and then clicking on the sample button. All of the books I mentioned can be sampled that way.

Posted on May 18, 2012 6:07:42 AM PDT
Is Immortals After Dark a connected series or are the stand alone books? I read some of her books before but can't remember if the characters flow into the next book. One was about a vampire and one was about a man being chained down? You have to excuse me it been awhile.

Posted on May 18, 2012 8:39:49 AM PDT
Libros Lover says:
IAD is a connected series, but the audiobooks for some reason are not released in order. The 1st & 2nd - A Hunger Like No Other & No Rest For The Wicked are available, but the next one is Lothaire.

Posted on Jun 9, 2012 10:26:52 PM PDT
I have listened to the entire outlander series by Diana Gabaldon and I really enjoyed every one of them. The narration was excellent I was wholly involved in the story I recommend them highly.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2012 3:54:11 PM PDT
i believe that they are working on getting the rest of them available - quite often, from what I have seen - when they do finally option a book for audio, its one of the later ones where the book has made the jump from MMPB to Hardcover...then they work on getting the other ones released - the same happened with the Nalini Singh Psy-changling books

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 7:21:14 AM PDT
I recently listened to Kushiel's Dart by Jacqueline Carey from Audible, and really liked it.

Also, if you are interested in the classics, you can find oodles of great free audiobooks at www.librivox.org. Some of the volunteer readers are very good, like Karen Savage (who goes by the name gypsygirl there). Her reading of Pride and Prejudice is delightful (it's version 3, I think). I also recommend the book Scaramouche by Rafael Sabatini, read by Gordon MacKenzie.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 8:47:06 AM PDT
i just listened to my first narration by Gordon MacKenzie and really enjoyed it - i'll def. be seeking him out in the future

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 9:34:32 AM PDT
Libros Lover says:
@Sandra
I love the Kushiel Series, but cannot tolerate the first trilogy in audio format as it is narrated by Anne Flosnik. Simon Vance does a stellar job on Imriel's trilogy.

@ Deanna,
Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night was just released 6/5/12.

Actor Will Patton narrated a detective series (Dave Robicheaux) set in Louisiana - another favorites of mine. He also narrates Greg Allman's autobiography which is in my to be listened to que.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 9:38:52 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 13, 2012 9:39:36 AM PDT
I just saw that and its on sale through audible right now - I would expect to see the next ones appear over the next few months

ETA - i'm not an Anne Flosnik fan, but she has taken criticism well and has been working on improving her stuff - I just listened to A Secret Affair (Mary Balogh) done by her and it was pretty decent

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 4:14:11 PM PDT
It did take me a while to get accustomed to Anne Flosnik's reading of Kushiel's Dart. I rather wish Katherine Kellgren had read it, as her reading of Jay Lake's "Green" was pretty stellar.

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 8:44:42 PM PDT
bsedam says:
Eve Silver's Sins of the Heart (Hqn), Sins of the Flesh (Hqn)], &[[ASIN:0373774834 Sins of the Soul (Hqn). Very hot and steamy. told from both the H (a soul reper immortal) and the h's perspective. With little excerpts from the Egyptian Book of the Dead.

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 5:02:07 AM PDT
LJA says:
Ron Pearlman did a wonderful job narrating The Strain and James Marsters did all but the last of the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. Has anyone run across a way to search by narrator?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 9:14:22 AM PDT
Libros Lover says:
@LJA
If you are shopping on Amazon, Search Books/Audiobooks and enter the name. On Audible, there is a drop down menu and you can choose to search by narrator. Been thinking about purchasing The Strain. I love Ron Perlman's voice. I remember when he was on Beauty and the Beast. As far as James Marsters, he is definitely up there for me. The Dresden Files, with the exception of the last book, is my favorite series.

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 3:15:06 PM PDT
LJA says:
Yup, been crushing on Ron Perlman since Beauty and the Beast. James is damn fine too and seems to be getting even hotter with age. I have all of the Dresden Files on CD but haven't listened to the last one, I'm afraid the voice will disapoint.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 7:34:03 PM PDT
Libros Lover says:
@LJA
I bought Ghost Story in book format and I was kind of disappointed in the story line as well as the fact James didn't narrate it. I probably could have tolerated it if he did.

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 1:23:48 AM PDT
I'm currently listening to WHAT BINDS US by Larry Benjamin. It's a m/m novel but not erotica and its lovely. A very emotional listen for me. It's one that I would recommend even though I haven't finished yet. I've laughed out loud and cried, I love when I can go through so many emotions with a book.

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 6:33:35 AM PDT
LJA says:
LOL I have to watch what I listen too at work. Wouldn't it be odd if your mail carrier was crying her eyes out delivering your mail. That and hot and steamy won't work either as I drive with my window down and most of my mail customers are conservitive (Amish).

I will check out that book though.

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 8:16:34 AM PDT
Wow! Just finished What Binds Us. This was a heavy book for me and I did a lot more crying. Its about Love, Life and Loss. That's the best way to describe it. This book stays with you long after you are done listening to it.

Posted on Jun 24, 2012 4:04:44 PM PDT
LJA says:
OK I just picked this up as a change of pace. Aliens on Vacation by Clete Barrett Smith, only 6 and a half hours long and totally G-rated, but fun. Would be a great one to take on a road trip with the kids.

Scrub isn't happy that he has to spend the summer in Washington state with his hippie grandmother at her Intergalatic Bed & Breakfast instead of hanging with friends at home in Florida.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Erotica forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  28
Initial post:  May 16, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 8, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions