Customer Discussions > Erotica forum

Hey Authors!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 30, 2012 6:58:18 PM PDT
See all those posts around these forums around there that are blank, and say "post deleted by amazon"?

That's what they do to spam, so stop posting your own books in this forum! That's what the Meet Our Authors forum is for, take the hint. Stop spamming your books in every single thread in this forum please, no one wants to see it.

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 7:51:12 AM PDT
LJA says:
I agree. Personally I do take note of who does this, but you go on my own personal blackballed list.

Meaning I will not buy your book, ever.

Posted on Jun 2, 2012 7:54:17 AM PDT
CheapReader says:
While you are at it, please stop posing questions like you are contributing to a topic only to promote the fact that you are an author and trying to gain insight into what you think readers may want. Again that is what the Meet Our Authors forum is for -- which I actually check out on a regular basis.

Just my personal pet peeve.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2012 2:49:45 PM PDT
Agreed! Especially asking for an opinion on a topic you don't even really intend to write about.

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 6:48:23 AM PDT
beachbaby says:
I don't like when publishers post titles in which the have a monetary interest because that is against Amazon's TOS as well. Their posts usually include something like; "free for the next 4 days" or "starting tomorrow this title will be free..."

Posted on Jun 7, 2012 3:04:30 AM PDT
HJ Leonard says:
Has this been helping?

Posted on Jun 7, 2012 4:30:23 AM PDT
Hard to tell, the Erotica forum has been pretty dead lately.

Posted on Jun 7, 2012 5:17:26 AM PDT
LJA says:
Forums are dead everywhere. Ebay's forums are usually busier than amazons but they are dead too.

The only lively ones going now are my horse rescue ones. Young slow race horses and older race horses are hitting the slaughter auctions now. In a couple months riding horses and ponies will be showing up more as people loose pasture and start having to buy hay. And it goes on, unfortunately there is no slow time on those forums.

Posted on Jun 7, 2012 8:38:47 AM PDT
PJ says:
Kindle Forum is busy

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2012 12:27:38 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 7, 2012 1:47:26 PM PDT]

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 9:53:53 AM PDT
beachbaby says:
Here are the directions to the Meet Our Authors forum in case any authors or stealth promoters are having trouble finding the MOA. The directions are very simple.

1. Click link below
http://www.amazon.com/forum/meet%20our%20authors

Posted on Jun 9, 2012 7:24:55 AM PDT
beachbaby says:
Erotica Spam Central
http://www.amazon.com/forum/erotica/ref=cm_cd_fp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1DWTTGXY8M202&cdThread=Tx2HTE8NIDII1F7

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2012 7:34:41 AM PDT
Reader79 says:
I have noticed that some threads are mostly composed of just authors chatting back and forth. It makes me wonder if they even know that no real readers are participating, or if this is part of their oh so clever plan to fool us into thinking they are actual participants.

I have to say a great big thank you to posters like diremommy who continue to remind these authors that they are not welcome to plug their books in reader forums. I purchased a book several weeks ago based on false recs from a discussion board (it was pretty bad) and am uber-vigilant now.

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 9:57:15 AM PDT
LJA says:
I may not participate but I do read them. I have steered away from a few due to what they post and have taken time to check out a few by what they post also. So I think it is nice to have that outlet for them and I'm glad I can lurk.

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 11:05:44 AM PDT
beachbaby says:
bump

Posted on Jul 4, 2012 3:36:30 PM PDT
bump

Posted on Jul 4, 2012 4:37:35 PM PDT
N. Rice says:
Sorry! I'm new around here, didn't know the rules. No more spam from me!!

Posted on Jul 8, 2012 9:05:47 AM PDT
beachbaby says:
Who places a bunch of tags on books they claim they haven't read?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2012 5:01:17 PM PDT
I don't know, who?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2012 7:06:03 PM PDT
beachbaby says:
A stealth promoter (earlier today).

An author/poster who was claiming to have read only one book in a series yet he had placed numerous tags on the entire series. I replied to his two posts and included a link to his tags. He removed his two posts so I removed mine (no sense on leaving a link to the products he was spamming).

Posted on Jul 20, 2012 6:59:31 AM PDT
Sylvie says:
Help.
I'm an erotic author sponsoring a giveaway/contest, and I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it in the forum. In a way, it is self-promotion, but I always want to know when there's giveaways and contests, too.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Erotica forum (905 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Erotica forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  May 30, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions