Customer Discussions > Erotica forum

BDSM help

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 32 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 28, 2008 10:18:01 AM PDT
This is my new favourite type of erotica, I'm struggling a bit though as I prefer stories where the woman is the Domme and the man the sub. While I can find plenty of BDSM titles I can't easily distinguish who does what without reading the blurb on every book! Which is irritating to say the least.

Any reccommendations?

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2008 1:35:42 PM PDT
Aunt Lynne says:
You might try Joey Hill's books. It's not my cup of tea, but I read one that had a Domme. I think it was "Holding the Cards."

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2008 5:17:24 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 30, 2008 9:12:50 AM PDT
Crystal Kay says:
If you're looking for a female Domme, "Natural Law" by Joey W. Hill is a must read!

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2008 2:04:58 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 30, 2008 2:06:19 PM PDT
Sheila says:
Okay, I like the opposite(femsub), but I have to also recommend Joey W. Hill. Natural Law is one of her best books ever, and Holding the Cards is excellent. If you like paranormal, her vampire books have a submissive male in them also.
Oh, also Laurell K. Hamilton's Merry Gentry series has some of each; some very dominant males and some submissive ones. It's more fantasy, though, not what I would really classify as BDSM.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 1, 2008 7:49:11 AM PDT
M. Hernandez says:
I recommend Laura Antoniou's the Marketplace series. Wide variety of characters including a number of Dommes, trainers, etc., in a world behind the world. Happy hunting!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2008 12:14:04 PM PDT
Many thanks people, have ordered all of the above and am looking forward to reading them!
Feel free to make further suggestions for my search...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2008 9:45:29 AM PDT
Faith says:
Check out Slave to Success.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2008 7:05:12 PM PDT
Deffos says:
BDSM and true characters. becasue how can you even start to enjoy what they enjoy if you dont "know" them.

if you want a recommendation try erotica diaries, by april snow. at least 50% of the book is BDSM as you like it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2008 7:43:05 PM PDT
Nomdeplume says:
I agree, it is difficult to enjoy reading about something you have on iterest in. I really like the Femdom stories, but as they are often written from Her perspective it's a bit skewed. Still Laura Antoniou is good.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2008 4:33:51 AM PDT
Jane says:
rhian eve:
I too love the F/m erotica exclusively!
Check out Pink Flamingo publications. Absolutely DELICIOUS F/m erotica beyond anything you could imagine! But it is not for the weak!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2008 4:35:34 AM PDT
Jane says:
M.Hernandez: I read the last book in Antonious series and found it to have too much talking and not enough bbbaaaadddd punishments. It was the only one that interested me.
I had to force myself to finish it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2008 8:41:55 AM PDT
Nomdeplume says:
Jane:
So, in the F/m catagory you would consider all or some of Pink Flamingo pubs?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2008 10:35:53 AM PDT
Jane says:
Nomdeplume:
Pink Flamingo has a F/m category. My favourite writer is Chris Bellows. I seem to like his particular devious and unmerciful ways. But there are other authors.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2008 11:13:20 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 4, 2008 3:45:26 PM PDT
Nomdeplume says:
Yeah, it looks like Amazon is rather short on the Pink Flamingo books. I can't get to their web site at the moment, but thanks for the tips!
As it turns out Amazon has only the Kindle books by Chris Bellows. They do look...entertaining.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2008 3:18:19 AM PDT
Jane says:
nomdeplume:
OMG Kindle has Chris Bellows! He is the only writer I am reading at Pink Flamingo!
Anyway, I am not sure whether you meant you didn't have time or couldn't find their website...www.pinkflamingo.com - also lulu.com has F/m It's a little bit harder to navigate it's there. (keep me posted)
Their service is excellent! You won't regret it!
Happy Hunting!
Jane

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2008 7:07:48 AM PDT
Deffos says:
You could also try spirepublishing.com they have a decent section, again a little hidden away though.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2008 8:54:15 AM PDT
Nomdeplume says:
Jane- the place that I am in (it's not prison!) has limited access to web sites of a certian adult nature. I'll just have to wait another 3-4 months until I can order. Thanks for the great info.

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2012 12:09:54 PM PDT
Fierce Dolan says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on May 31, 2012 10:35:36 AM PDT
Look for books tagged FemDom.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2012 8:01:06 AM PDT
Reader79 says:
Good luck with your search! I am always trying to find books in this genre and then weeding out the ones that are over the top (I prefer loving BDSM to cruel, painful stuff).

Here are some that I have enjoyed:
His Deep Submission by Kim Acton: husband and wife story
Goddess Amy by Ardor is also a coming of age type story
Private Dining: a story of feminine control, food and sex (You) by Polly Adams. This is a story fun read that was free when I got it. Not sure if it is frequently free...
Three to Get Ready by Tere Michaels is a m/f/m story with a somewhat dominant female. I wish the author had done more with this but about half way through the story her dominance fades out. Still a good book.
Velvet Submission by Violet Summers has a similar feel to Natural Desire (not as long or as well written but I still liked it)

Examples of books that went TOO far for me but others may enjoy:
The Melinoe Project
Everything I have read by Tammy Jo Eckhart (and it's expensive!)

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 10:13:06 AM PDT
beachbaby says:
Have you read Sweetest Mistress by Skye Warren? I have it in my tbr pile.

I second Natural Law (Nature of Desire, Book Two) by Joey D. Hill. It's a really good series.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2012 12:58:59 PM PDT
Reader79 says:
I read Sweetest Mistress and did not care for it. I like dominant female characters because I love reading about confident women who are sexually assertive. I certainly don't want to ruin the book for you or anyone else but the heroine did not fit the bill for me. This may qualify as a "spoiler": the heroine is not a naturally dominant woman - she only assumes the role in order to please her partner. When reading the novella I felt that she would just as soon been tied up and dominated if that is what HE wanted.
Also, I felt that the male lead was very weak and his weakness translated into obnoxious behavior. I read it once and have never contemplated a re-read.
Caveat: I am often accused of being too hard on books so take my opinion with a grain of salt!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2012 7:32:50 PM PDT
Cphe says:
Tymber Dalton had one Cardinal's Rule i think it was - I haven't read it myself but I did see it mentioned on another thread

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 4:03:49 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 6, 2012 7:47:08 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2012 7:30:24 PM PDT
beachbaby says:
Self promotion is only allowed in the Meet Our Authors (MOA) forum.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Erotica forum (932 discussions)

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Important announcement from Amazon
22 Apr 28, 2014
Condom use in erotic fiction--Do we really need the constant emphasis? 42 19 hours ago
Condoms in erotic fiction: An obligation to encourage safe sex--or paying false tribute to being politically correct? 1 19 hours ago
KU Menage (mfm or bi mmf) books 0 1 day ago
Looking for FMF menage and Multiple Partner erotica 1 2 days ago
Looking For BDSM Books Like Kresley Cole's New Series 5 3 days ago
Alpha male submissive and soft spoken femme dom 11 6 days ago
Free erotica today 2092 6 days ago
MMF threesomes, in which all the partners are equally affectionate with each other. 10 6 days ago
MFM Menage--so very popular in fiction, but could it be equally as good in reality? 25 6 days ago
Hilarious sex book 1 7 days ago
Full length m/m books with explicit rough sex 10 7 days ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Erotica forum
Participants:  21
Total posts:  32
Initial post:  May 28, 2008
Latest post:  Dec 7, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions