Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS
Customer Discussions > Exercise forum

Best Ab Exerciser?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 14, 2011 11:25:43 AM PDT
I'm trying to find the best ab exerciser for someone that is very out of shape and can handle someone that weighs over 300 lbs. I was looking at the Ab Pro but there were some bad reviews on it. I am wanting something to help me do situps because it is hard for me to get on the floor. Any ideas?

Posted on Mar 14, 2011 4:08:29 PM PDT
L. Curlis says:
I would say staying off the floor would be best for you. Sucking in your belly while walking is very effective and a really good start for someone who is out of shape. Changing your diet is actually the best thing you can do. Go low sugar. You'll be amazed!

Posted on Mar 14, 2011 4:50:27 PM PDT
I have back problems and am out of shape. I just started a fitness regime and I recommend the gazelle. granted this isn't an "ab" machine per se, you can either "walk" on it our keep your legs together and using your stomach muscles, create a pendulum motion.

Posted on Mar 15, 2011 7:42:36 AM PDT
Ker says:
Just FYI.... Cutting back your fats and sugars and then including more cardio per day is more recommended than any ab exercising. Money isnt the issue nor is product availability. Its YOU. Making that first step to a healthier you is the longest stride. Now, Just keep in mind that you dont have to spend tons of dollars on exercise equipment to get healthy or in shape. I lost 20lbs in my first month just by eating better/healthier foods. And eating more, might I add. :) No fried, grill everything (or bake) eat in smaller portions just more often a day. Ice cold water all day long. And protein shakes (if you are doing rigorous exercising). I hit my "OMG" max weight at christmas and was completely depressed. Now I'm more energized and losing the weight at a rapid speed. And I didnt spend thousands of dollars on products or gyms. If anyone would like any help.. I'm here! Just email me: jessica.tims@yahoo.com
Good Luck to you all.. May the fatburning be with you!!! :) cheesy - I know!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2011 7:48:26 AM PDT
Ker says:
Forget back breaking situps. Try leg raises while lying on your back(with your hands or pillow under your butt), plank, ab rotations using a 5-10lb weight (half raised situp position and moving weight from one side to the other).
You may need to up your cardio first before trying situps. You may do more damage than good. Ab exercises will help you build muscle underneath your fat and will help burn more fat.. BUT just remember that cardio does more fat burning than situps. So if you want to see those abs.... CARDIO, CARDIO, CARDIO. Dance, laugh, break a sweat, Boost your metabolism by drinking lots of ice cold water throughout the day! You will see the difference in days!!! I PROMISE!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 27, 2014 4:04:28 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 27, 2014 4:07:05 AM PDT
Bad Grandpa says:
You do not a machine to exercise your abs, gravity will do just fine, do not buy equipment or pay for any course.
If you do feel the need for a machine check craigslist first, people are practically giving them away just to get rid of them.

This guy has a lot of good free instructional videos on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfY_4m3RVRc

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2014 4:26:46 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 7, 2014 4:31:18 AM PDT
Forget about ab exercises. They do not do anything toward shrinking your waistline, and the muscles they work are quite small. You would do better with leg presses or squats to work your large leg muscles, which will then burn far more calories than even the best sixpack ever will. Besides that, working legs is very encouraging because fat people tend to have very strong legs. Add pushups, using your knees if you need to, and pullups, using a chair to get up and then lower yourself as slowly as possible, and you have a starter program.

As everyone else has said, the only exercise that shrinks the belly is the pushback: push back from the table a little sooner than you do now.

See The Calorie Myth: How to Eat More, Exercise Less, Lose Weight, and Live Better
and
Body by Science: A Research Based Program to Get the Results You Want in 12 Minutes a Week

Ignore the personal trainers who will be attacking me for this post. Especially the ones selling Crossfit.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Exercise forum (96 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Exercise forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Mar 14, 2011
Latest post:  Sep 7, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions